Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Selling Malazan

#1 User is offline   Keysi 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:03 AM

So I'm trying to convince my friend to read malazan, he's a bit of a literature/film critic type.

I mean obviously I could just say malazan is he greatest most epic most emotionally destroying series ever, but what would be a better way to word it?

Ta.

#2 User is offline   Terminus Est 

• Corporal

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:36 AM

Did you mention that it subverts tropes and shit? Critic types love that sort of thing.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:33 PM

Sex. Tell him it's full of wild crazy interspecies sex.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:01 PM

start a whisper campaign

and

Masan

If he/she is the visual type, then pictures/art

#5 User is offline   Stylo 

• Recruit
  • Interests:reading writing music

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:31 AM

Just copy/paste this to him:
Dear Sir, or Keysi's Friend as I, your aforementioned friend, am wont to refer to you, another missive here at which you may glance, involving that which may indeed glance upon your interests in connexion with Film & Lit theory, scholarship, criticism&c.

I have discovered the most boisterous set of volumes, fictive Epics taking their setting in that most ancient realm, the Fantastic, an embarrassment of Fairy-Tales notched within a congruous story-thread all its own; upsetting everything we think to have discovered of the much-explored Never-never, whilst making it as Real to us as our own dear World, and, at a length that would make James blush, let alone that cherubic teller of Adventure tales, Dumas, and indeed lacking the 'padding' that softens up several of those beloved Installments.

As an added 'bonus', all Ten Volumes have been put down, and thus there is no need to wait, inert in one's chambers, or at the Docks, hoping the steamboats bring about the Conclusion of the Story. A bargain I have sprung, too, my having made a deal for all of them at a single purchase, with the keeper of a bookshop most Strange and Occult in Downtown New York City. There was something decidedly queer about that meeting, the Clerk nearly forcing the weighty things into my hands, for which I was at the time most grateful... though I now find myself overcome with a kind of sticky malaise; but the feeling is not one I can put a proper name to, and so I shall move ever onward*.

As for your interest in Moving Pictures, affix your Mind's Eye upon the idea of a large Moon, whose face resembles entire the Dark Side of our own Luna, which suspends itself quite self-sufficiently, through means of Magick & Deviltry, over an entire City; an undertaking that in Magickal terms could only be comparable to the Hubris which wrought us the recent Chicago World's Fair, a thing of Beauty and Terror both. Thoughts of what those Lumiere Brothers would do with such a thing upon their Silver Screen sends a rather intolerably pleasurable shudder through a body; no mistaking the case, the kiosk-frequenters would surely 'duck'!

If such a fancy takes your interest, please pay me & mine a visit; I shall take in hand the first Volume and await you at the ticket station.

Yours,
Master Kesyi

*(Ever Onward, friend... have you ever felt as if you have done just that? The Fair a distant, balloon-scarred memory... but I won't bore you with that, lest you find yourself thinking me mad or come down with some atrocious affliction which would in turn disincline you as to the taking up of my Offer.)
"never seen a ghost, no? but you have heard of them" bob dylan
"some of these people really have become my friends, in the pre-internet sense of the term" thomas pynchon
"&if that's what you think you heard, then that's what you heard" guided by voices
"citation needed" - wikipedia
@styl_oh

#6 User is offline   Keysi 

• Fist

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:05 PM

Absolutely fantastic.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic