Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Admiral bridge

#1 User is offline   Wreckedlocus 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:17 PM

Just a quick question. Where was the admiral bridge located in malaz city?

#2 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:31 PM

Looking through BH, NoK and the Wiki says:

• Some of the larger estates are butted up against the cliff wall below Mock's Hold
  • Some characters head south from Mock's Estate (presumably butted against that cliff wall) to arrive at Admiral Bridge
  • Admiral Bridge leads to the Mouse Quarter
  • The wall of Raven Hill Park curves southward, forming one side of the street leading to Admiral Bridge
  • Old Orchard Wall goes west until it hits Raven Hill Road, then south to the hill itself. By skirting the hill on the East side along Old City Wall, you get to Admiral Bridge
So putting that together I got the following approximate location (red star):

Posted Image

Alternatively it could be more Eastward. One thing that I noticed in other Malazan maps like the Darujhistan map is that the District/Quarter distinctions are a bit fuzzy (it's unclear whether Lakefront extends along the entire Lakefront, or just the Lakefront East of River Foss for example). So the Mouse Quarter may also refer to a lot more land than just the separated chunk near the water.

This post has been edited by Dadding: 07 December 2019 - 05:37 PM

#3 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:54 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the PS Publishing edition of Night of Knives? The wiki says it has a hand drawn map of Malaz City by Erikson and Esslemont. I've always wondered if the map is basically the same as the later mass produced volume or if the original had additional details such as street names. The hand drawn Y'Ghatan and G'danisban maps Erikson released last year had many of the street names included.

#4 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:08 PM

I've been rereading this chapter for the wiki and I'd place Admiral Bridge at the southwest corner of Raven Hill Park. I base that on the below passage which occurs a little after the ones Dadding posted.

The street angled westward, now opposite Raven Hill Park. Up ahead it would link up with another street that bordered the park on the west side, before striking southward to the bridge.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users