• You cannot reply to this topic

Karsa Charity Event!

#1 User is offline   myownflagg 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:03 PM

Hi guys, happy Friday! I wanted to post about a charity idea I had.This:

https://www.facebook...49189813156612/

is my Malazan collection to date (plus a mystery character I have not shared yet).

I was thinking of selling them for charity. This is my first time doing anything like this, so hopefully I am not forgetting anything.

I wanted to do a raffle, because I thought that would raise a fair amount of $ and no one person would have to pay very much for a chance to win, but gambling laws make it difficult, so instead here is what I'm thinking.

Karsa will be up first. If you are interested in winning him, please send me an email at crochetmecurios@gmail.com with "Karsa" as the subject. (DO NOT DM or comment below for entry. I want to keep all the entries in one place so I do not miss anyone.) Also include your name or screenname and which platform you heard about the contest on (FB, Reddit, IG).

On Friday Dec 13th at 8pm EST entries will end for Karsa, and I will pick a winner Sunday Dec 15th. This will be by RNG. I will email the winner. If you are the winner, I will ask you to donate $40 USD (or equivalent) to a charity of your choice. Send me a screenshot or pic of your donation and I will ship Karsa to you 🙂 I will pay shipping.

This is open internationally. You ONLY have to donate if you are the winner. It costs nothing to enter. If for some reason the winner does not end up donating, I will pick someone else.

Please only email me if you are serious about donating. Also, I will not share your charity with anyone.

Some details about Karsa! He is ~10" tall. He is intended for display, and I would not give to a very young child as safety eyes are not guaranteed to not pop off and I wouldn't want any choking hazards. His sword is pinned to his back to keep it in place. He is made from acrylic yarn and stuffed with polyfil.

I think that's it! I will be posting this around on different Malazan fan sites. Hope this is fun for everyone and good luck!

Other characters will follow in the near future. Thank you for reading! 💗💗💗

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

Oh god those figures are awesome. I need to know who the others are...?

Specifically, is that Pormqual's severed head on the left?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   myownflagg 

• Recruit

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:17 PM

"Oh god those figures are awesome. I need to know who the others are...?

Specifically, is that Pormqual's severed head on the left?"

🙈 No that is a chicken! It's Tehol, Bugg, Shadowthrone and Cotillion. Tehol is wearing only a blanket and has a blue and brown eye and Bugg is knitting him some pants. There are clearer pics on my Instagram @crochetmecurios.

Glad you like them! 🥰

#4 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

BABY YODA!!!! Wow, your stuff is amazing.

OMG, love the Chtulu as well. This is awesome.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 06 December 2019 - 04:22 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#5 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:40 PM

I was just coming here to post this when I saw you made a thread. I'm so in for all of them.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 06 December 2019 - 11:41 PM

#6 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:06 AM

I think people would be willing to go higher than $US40. Just saying.

Any of those would make a damn good present for several people I know.

Nice work. :)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7 User is offline   myownflagg 

• Recruit

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for your kind words all! There were 35 entries total and I did pick a winner today! I've emailed this person and assuming I hear back, Karsa will be shipping to his new home! I will do another one soon. Just getting through the holiday craziness and trying to mail out a bunch of orders this week before I announce the next one. Thanks again!

#8 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

In case anyone was wondering, I won Karsa and he has arrived safely at his destination.

Thank you for that. :)

Good luck to those bidding for Tehol and Bugg, and thanks for donating to a worthy cause.

https://forum.malaza...85#entry1393685
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:40 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 05 January 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

In case anyone was wondering, I won Karsa and he has arrived safely at his destination.

Thank you for that. :)

Good luck to those bidding for Tehol and Bugg, and thanks for donating to a worthy cause.

https://forum.malaza...85#entry1393685

Congrats! Pics of his new home?

#10 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:09 AM

Sorry, no can do as he's not living with me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users