Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kalam Mekhar's long knives looking for book references on designs

#1 User is offline   GreazyGill 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:21 AM

Hi this is my first forum post, I'm looking for more information on these blades, specifically the hilt/pommel of the feather patterned Otataral knife but any other information with references to book and pages would be appreciated. Here is what I have on the two

The twin long-knives (not twins however) were slung in a faded leather harness stitched in swirling Pardu patterns.

Serpent elder magic knife

The blade was blackened, inlaid with a silver serpent pattern down its length. looped Tail of serpent coils at base of blade around an intricate design. Finger ridge grip with leather wraps to fit a smaller hand than intended. It's heavier than his second knife. The edge was smooth, slightly wavy as often occurred with rolled, multi-layered blades. The water etching was barely visible on this gleaming, black surface, the silver inlay fine as thread. Between the two long-knifes, Kalam favored this one for its weight and balance.

The entire blade, also black, was feather-patterned, the inlay an amber-tinged silver-that amber taint..alloyed with otataral. The knife was from the Wickan crow clan. The edge of the blade was slightly rough - otataral was not an ideal metal for weapons. It cut ragged and needed constant sharpening, even when it had seen no use. Not a lowly warrior's weapon, it belonged to someone important.

#2 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:13 PM

Welcome to the board! I don't have a specific answer regarding descriptions of the hilt/pommel but I did find these books/chapters that you might want look at for references to the two weapons. I used the Search of the Fallen site and brought up references to "long-knife". Specifics are spoilered out because they are not from House of Chains.

Spoiler

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users