Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saddest Death in series Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:48 PM

So Who's death affected you the most from the entire series? From Tattersail to Whiskeyjack to Baudin to Twist to Heboric to Itkovian to Beak to Coltaine to Felisin to Rake to Andarist to Rhuladd to Detorian to Hedge to Trull to Toc to Brys to Delam Thord to Greyfrog to Redmask to Trotts to Harlo to Hetan to Lorn to Mayen to Murillo to Pearl(demon) to Stormy to Gruntle etc.. ,,Yes some of them ascended/returned but at the time there and then you know.
I know it seems I listed just about everyone that died, couldn't really help myself.

For me it was Bluepearl in K'ruls bar. It just Wham hit me , didn't know It would but he seemed like he was getting sorted and bam: there you go!
who do you think and why?

This post has been edited by Emancipor Reese: 07 November 2019 - 10:53 PM

#2 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:17 PM

View PostEmancipor Reese, on 07 November 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

So Who's death affected you the most from the entire series? From Tattersail to Whiskeyjack to Baudin to Twist to Heboric to Itkovian to Beak to Coltaine to Felisin to Rake to Andarist to Rhuladd to Detorian to Hedge to Trull to Toc to Brys to Delam Thord to Greyfrog to Redmask to Trotts to Harlo to Hetan to Lorn to Mayen to Murillo to Pearl(demon) to Stormy to Gruntle etc.. ,,Yes some of them ascended/returned but at the time there and then you know.
I know it seems I listed just about everyone that died, couldn't really help myself.

For me it was Bluepearl in K'ruls bar. It just Wham hit me , didn't know It would but he seemed like he was getting sorted and bam: there you go!
who do you think and why?

Those are all notable and it would be hard for me to pick one.

I've just read through Forge of Darkness (can we include books from The Kharkanas Trilogy?) and so the freshest one in my mind is -

Spolier tagged in case this is not the appropriate place

Spoiler

#3 User is offline   Zuzu Bolin 

• Corporal

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

First read like 6 years ago Gesler/Stormy wrecked me.

On reread (100 pages from end of cg now) definitely Beak because I knew it was coming. I started welling up when his name was first mentioned.

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:55 PM

Saddest.... probably Trull in RG. Whereas a lot of the others went down fighting, the way he died provoked a more 'oh dammit no!' kind of reaction. Felisin in HoC is a very close second.

Most frustrating... the Bridgeburners in MoI due to Envy's misunderstanding. To be clear, that was pretty much a perfect scene.

Least favorite... Hetan in DoD... because the Hetan we saw in MoI would have broken those other women in half with one hand tied behind her back while having sex with some dude at the same time. I understand she was shattered from what happened to Tool, but even so. Near second is Orfanatal in TtH, more or less being an afterthought kill by Kallor.

Most epic... Toc the Younger, for everything his (first) death triggered in MoI. Close second/near tie is Rake in TtH.

Most heroic... MoI again...I initially thought Whiskeyjack, but he didn't plan to die. Hedge on the other hand, threw a cusser at his own feet to take out a K'ell Hunter and save his squad. Stupid, but very heroic.

Most unexpected... Fear, at Clip's hands in RG. Did NOT see that coming.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

View PostZuzu Bolin, on 03 December 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

First read like 6 years ago Gesler/Stormy wrecked me.

On reread (100 pages from end of cg now) definitely Beak because I knew it was coming. I started welling up when his name was first mentioned.

Yeah poor old Beak and he's candles,, that got to me too (especially as you say 'on the re-read'!) He was only a child really

#6 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 28 March 2022 - 07:18 PM

Mine was Rake.

Kulp's death was also unexpected and brutal, and hit me hard.

This post has been edited by iso9001: 28 March 2022 - 07:18 PM

I am the master of my fate.. I am the captain of my soul..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users