• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Death Stranding

#61 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:10 AM

It was fragile. I think that is an initial scene where you learn something about what happened to make the people in the area hate fragile and porters.

#62 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:11 PM

It's pretty funny that unless you actually 'unequip' it you keep running about with wang in the breeze.

Just been doing some regular runs up and down the highway, my truck is starting to look weathered and rusty now, not sure how much longer it will last.

Did another mule raid, smoke bombs and bolos, took everything I could jam in the truck. I'll get back to the story tomorrow.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#63 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:26 AM

It's a stolen mule truck; it won't go down the elevator as it's not a 'recognized vehicle.' Unless you mean something else.

I could just steal another. It's so useful. The only thing is, when doing a Premium Delivery, the recipient always says something like 'Wow how did you carry all that? You must be really aching!' And I'm like, no man, I drove?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 February 2020 - 06:30 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#64 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:29 PM

I've unlocked the garage, it only holds the bikes though.

Had a trip to a new area, the rocks and landscape are stunning. Just working a route through them, spotting your target in the distance, and working the best route there is so absorbing.

I have that weird hover sled thing now - with an option to ride it?! Is that like down hills or something? Gotta try that later!

Unlocked some Horizon Zero Dawn holograms, which is slightly confusing but appreciated all the same, as there is a tenuous link between HZD, the Broken Empire series (talking holograms in bunkers) and this game that I'm enjoying.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

#65 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

Each delivery gets me another upgrade of sorts it seems. I've gone off track a bit to follow the story but I'm going to backtrack a bit to extend the road some more.

I've unlocked some more building options now too.

#66 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:56 PM

Wow bikes are good on those nice road stretches.

My trucks now a rusty pile. Armed up to steal a new one and the mules stunned it so it wouldn't move. Just because I drove over a couple of them on the way out.

#67 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:29 PM

The first trike I found let me load it up.

These speedy versions left in the garage by other players don't seem to have cargo space though, so I zip along but with a high pile of packages on my back. Are there different types then?

#68 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:46 PM

there's just the two types, extra storage space og extra battery. Don't know about the Ride bike. Haven't tried it. I usually just drive around in what ever other players leave behind.

Now the Bridges delivery vans. That's where it's at. Roof that protects the packages and it can store at least 5000 ressources.

#69 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:31 PM

View PostAptorian, on 14 February 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

there's just the two types, extra storage space og extra battery. Don't know about the Ride bike. Haven't tried it. I usually just drive around in what ever other players leave behind.

Now the Bridges delivery vans. That's where it's at. Roof that protects the packages and it can store at least 5000 ressources.

Now that sounds like the business! I'm only at a stage where I'm hiking ahead to the next target, unloading resources into pavers, and returning back up the completed road to deliver make further deliveries. Not really worth using vehicles off road so far unless I'm raiding.

#70 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:09 AM

View PostExcrementEncephalon, on 14 February 2020 - 10:34 PM, said:

Jumped back to Eastcoast on a whim.

I’ve gotten so many emails saying peeps see a glow somewhere but I never see wtf they go on about myself.

The glowy things they refer to I'm pretty sure is the collectible memory sticks.

#71 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:05 AM

You can change the color of your suit in shelters where you rest. Just inspect your equipment. You can also customize and upgrade your backpack if you haven't noticed. The bags for grenades and blood packs is super helpful.

#72 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:30 PM

The text is my only real beef so far - it's way too small, and even when you zoom in in map details, the text stays the same size!

It means for some details I have to get up and move a bit closer to read it, like the equipment instructions. There seems to be a lot of superfluous stuff post delivery though, I skip a lot tbh.

Had to abandon and reload my last mission - went down a cliff on a rope, a wire snapped somewhere and half my packages got left on a ledge halfway up. I could reach them on the rope, but no option to reload them so I had to leave it and start over.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 February 2020 - 05:32 PM

#73 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 February 2020 - 07:29 PM

I reached some kind of end game tonight. Thought it was the ending, fought a handful of boss fights, but I think there's a couple more hours hidden away here.

Game isn't offering many answers so far.

#74 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:08 PM

Not really explored that yet.

Just been able to upgrade backpack.
Finished a nice trip across what looks like the surface of Mars - avoided to bts and mules to make my own way which worked out well. Boots were nearly gone by the time I got there, fortunately managed to get them connected up so I could make some more for return journey. Good mission though, satisfying result and good progress.

Oh got a nice new truck now too, not the old rust bucket I stole earlier. I can actually store this one too.

Those timefall shelters are great, real life savers in certain spots.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 February 2020 - 11:09 PM

#75 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:56 AM

They do sound awesome. I'm liking the way these upgrades all seem to help out in different ways.

#76 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:42 AM

Yeah my boy started a sekiro game, and was stuck on the horse boss. I hate leaving that game in a position where it feels like I can't progress, so I just put it on for the boss fight.

Back to my hiking and my roads after work later though.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 February 2020 - 06:43 AM

#77 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:57 AM

BK that tip pops up every time until you turn it off.

#78 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:39 AM

Liking my new truck.

Not liking falling down a ravine because I didnt hit jump at the right moment.

#79 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

I hate this game. About 6hrs in now, it’s plodding, easy (like wayyyyyy too easy), with a convoluted story and repetitive fetch quests, and frustrating slowness.

What an utter disappointment.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#80 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:16 PM

Have you sailed to the big map yet?

If you've made it that far and haven't been hooked then I'd probably give up.

Edit: also pro-tip you can skip animations by pressing start and skip.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 22 February 2020 - 02:21 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users