• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Death Stranding

#41 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:59 PM

Can't play until I get a new controller.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#42 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

I also got this for my birthday, but have not had a chance to play much yet (been on FALLEN ORDER instead)....but I at least did the opening sequence. I still don't have a fucking clue what this game it about besides the main plot contention of the virus and such. Once I get more stuck in I'll visit the thread more.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#43 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:30 PM

Baa.

Should have another controller by tomorrow eve.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#44 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:58 AM

View PostExcrementEncephalon, on 03 February 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

Ugh I’m just gonna really tap my claim resources real quick(hrs) and try to open more up.

Amazing I can be playing this before my game time.

Try putting a little ressources in each and leave them alone for a real life day or two. You might get a pop up that other players have added ressources to your road.

#45 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:14 PM

Back on for a bit.

Fragile is goddamned annoying as fuck.

So is Sam sleeping with his head at that weird angle every time with that pillow in shot.. right behind him. Skip skip skip.

(Minor niggles, but if you're going to have the same interior and clips over and over they could have made 'em less annoying. Ugh Monster drinks too..)

Good to escape the interior and cut-scenes for the road again, loaded up n ready to blast some bts. Got some upgrades to try out now.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 04 February 2020 - 10:20 PM

#46 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

Do you have an endgame goal at this stage or are you off building on sidequest type building missions?

#47 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:34 AM

Got a nightsshift tonight so I'll get some day time to play today.

#48 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:44 AM

Is a pro really that different? Is ps5 going to be equivalent I wonder, or will that have two versions too?

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:57 AM

I think that depends on the success of the Xbox series X, because that one will likely have different versions from the start and as the years go on.

If the Xbox gets a better start next generation Sony will have to answer or fall behind 2-4-6 years down the line.

#50 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

Spending the afternoon playing Death Stranding and drinking Monster Energy drinks. Who says product placement doesn't work?

I've been spending the day building a zip line network between the weather station, the time fall farm and South knot city. Don't really know why I'm bothering since the story focus has shifted to the North West part of the map but it feels necessary. Doing my part.

#51 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:13 PM

Finished the zip line network and started paving the road from the Craftsman west past the crematorium to the marshland in the West. I ran out of ressources for the pavers I'd already seeded. So I tracked down all the pavers in between the marsh and Mountain knot city and seeded a bit of chirilium and metal at every one of them. Hopefully tomorrow they'll be mostly topped up by other players. Otherwise I'll build a zip line over the mountain from Mountain Knot city to the weather station instead and create a passage for Mama that way.

#52 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

No ziplines in sight, but had a few good runs back and forth. Managed to beat up about 5 mules when they jumped me, retrieved and repaired the packages and still get an S rating so not a bad afternoons work.

#53 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:44 PM

You won't get zip line schematics till chapter 5.

#54 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:53 PM

Not expecting anything like that yet, I'm still just hiking about and trying not to fall over or get pillaged along the way!

Beautiful landscape today. I really like the rope/cliff scaling.

#55 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

I'm only on 3. Will try some more this eve.

#56 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:44 PM

So I stole a truck.

I only just got the road building tutorial, and I got jumped by a bunch of mules on a mission into their territory. I used my new bolo gun on some, beat some up, then jumped into their truck. Drove it into their camp, unloaded their locker into it (that little flatbed fucker holds a ton!) and drove it back to base.

I'm now trying to extend the road to south knot city, while carrying a load of heavy mission orders in the back of the truck.
One order wanted at least 1 of 8 delivered - I dropped off all 8 without a scratch. Could never have carried them all!

So I've got the road building bug now. And a yellow postal van! Not sure how to extend the road out over the river; I think I have to walk to the next road building station.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 February 2020 - 11:47 PM

#57 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:21 AM

You have to put a few ressources in there before others do. I normally put a hundred crystals in there and leave it be for at least a real world day.

Traveller I recommend running to each paver you can find and putting a little in there. Then go do something else in game.

#58 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:01 AM

View PostAptorian, on 09 February 2020 - 04:21 AM, said:

You have to put a few ressources in there before others do. I normally put a hundred crystals in there and leave it be for at least a real world day.

Traveller I recommend running to each paver you can find and putting a little in there. Then go do something else in game.

Thanks, will do. I think I got a good world BK as when the road building mission started there was almost a full road back across the way I'd walked. Also I keep getting green messages telling me my road sections are being used. Another question for you though - If I leave my truck on the road and head off to the next pavers and city, will it be there when I get back? I can't leave it in storage as it's an 'unknown vehicle' but I don't want to lose it yet, it's too useful!

Oh, and why does the game tell me not to pack pizza sideways, and then auto sort the load so it's on end? Will that ruin it? Sorry first pizza delivery!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 09 February 2020 - 08:14 AM

#59 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:30 AM

The vehicle will usually stay put. It will deteriorate if it's out in the rain though.

The pizza missions are missleading. It's okay that you walk or drive slightly bent over.

In other news I finished my Zipline Network to the mountains and I think Sam got frostbite. Hid fingers and toes are all black! No idea if this is significant or just a temporary cosmetic mark.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 09 February 2020 - 09:32 AM

#60 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:28 AM

Just built final section of road linking my two furthest outposts so far. Truck stayed put, it even has an icon on the map.

Had to skip a plot scene with sam in his room though - there was a woman in the shower and since I put it on first thing the kids were in the living room and I didnt want to risk anything disturbing! So don't know what I missed, it was probably Fragile though.

Those bot auto-deliverers are hilarious.

Raiding mule outposts for resources using their own stolen truck is very rewarding, they have a ton of stuff.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users