• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#2921 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:01 PM

Tatts knows we're waiting on him, right? He was online earlier today...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2922 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:48 PM

I'm waiting for a response from Tapper.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2923 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:43 PM

Ok, see you Tuesday

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2924 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:38 PM

:-(
Agenda en strategy phase of 1.5 weeks

#2925 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:08 PM

Even if I picked right now, some players don't participate weekend. If I can hash a deal out with Tapper then I may as well try.

#2926 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:13 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 21 February 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

Dumb?

@Tapper, I'll only take Imperial if we call it a truce. I move into my homeworld, and you retreat. Thoughts?

Retreat from where - in what time frame, and what do I keep? You have to be more specific, Tatts.
Especially since you're trying to extort me while losing our war.

In addition to that, H and I are already providing the lion's share of the TG Khell wanted, to your benefit (nvm that Khell fucked himself over at the agenda phase).

On top of that, it seems there's people unable/unwilling to keep Toaster from a win. So what do I gain from this? What is my angle or interest here?

This post has been edited by Tapper: 23 February 2020 - 05:21 AM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2927 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:07 PM

I was hoping that you'd retreat from my home system to system you occupied last round. Youd keep that this round. I guess like you say it doesn't matter. I am going to take logistics but the table would prefer me to take Imperial to prevent Drek that scoring opportunity. Logistics gives me a better range of options. The only way I'd take Imperial if you agree to end hostilities, by retreating from my home system when I try to take it back. That way my force wont further threaten you or your home system which is possible through logistics.

It gives us both chances to score. Depends if you care or not?

#2928 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:39 PM

Pathetic

#2929 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:59 PM

View PostD, on 24 February 2020 - 03:39 PM, said:

Pathetic

You wanted Logistics didn't you? Probably one way for you to attack Toaster, you did not mind Imperial but your preferred choice it was not. If I had chosen differently would that have given you a headache?

#2930 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 24 February 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

Pathetic

You wanted Logistics didn't you? Probably one way for you to attack Toaster, you did not mind Imperial but your preferred choice it was not. If I had chosen differently would that have given you a headache?

Haha, no, I definitely wanted Imperial, obviously. Without it I would have zero chance of winning this round. Now I have a relatively decent chance, and even if I don't quite clinch the win I'll be darn close. No other card can even remotely compare to that.

Your behaviour in making yourself Speaker token while I'm in the position I'm in, and then not blocking me from taking Imperial is reprehensible.

#2931 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:32 PM

View PostD, on 24 February 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 24 February 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

Pathetic

Haha, no, I definitely wanted Imperial, obviously. Without it I would have zero chance of winning this round. Now I have a relatively decent chance, and even if I don't quite clinch the win I'll be darn close. No other card can even remotely compare to that.

Your behaviour in making yourself Speaker token while I'm in the position I'm in, and then not blocking me from taking Imperial is reprehensible.

Pretty much

#2932 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

Khell were you still going to make an attempt on Toaster without logistics and your strategy card?

I have a longshot option if I take warfare which could give me a shot if you don't want it?

Someone needs to take diplomacy though because otherwise he'll just play it and no-one can stop him.

#2933 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:05 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 24 February 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Khell were you still going to make an attempt on Toaster without logistics and your strategy card?

I have a longshot option if I take warfare which could give me a shot if you don't want it?

Someone needs to take diplomacy though because otherwise he'll just play it and no-one can stop him.

I literally can’t now without Logistics I’m afraid, at least not against his homeworld anyway.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2934 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:22 PM

I really want to know what Morgoth's last SO is... it changes so much of how this might go...

#2935 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:04 AM

View PostD, on 24 February 2020 - 10:22 PM, said:

I really want to know what Morgoth's last SO is... it changes so much of how this might go...

I don't think Morgoth can win unless Twelve gives him a free refresh. He needs 3 more CT without making any moves to win, and only has 6 influence. Only way he can score the objective is if twelve gives him a free refresh, or he has an action card (which is likely to be sabotaged) . And since he's said he isn't going to attack Toaster I can't see that happening.

Even then there aren't many SOs he can score without making a move I don't think.

You have a couple of routes to victory via CT and rex. An early diplomacy play (prior to you scoring the 16 influence objective with imperial) leaves you two CT to play with (presumably one to nullification field your homeworld) and one to attack toaster and reduce his influence... Then you are hoping noone has an AC to rob you of a CT, probably enough as I doubt two people will be able to reach your homeworld. A later diplomacy play gives you even more options.

A first turn diplomacy play before anyone uses action cards on Toaster limits toaster, d'rek and morgoth, any chance you can do that Khell?

Nom are you planning to research instinct training? Let's you sabotage any sabotages Toaster plays.

#2936 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:08 AM

Only way Morgoth gets a free refresh is if he makes a play for Toaster's homeworld.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2937 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:09 AM

Free refreshes to whoever helps prevent Toaster from winning.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2938 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:34 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 25 February 2020 - 12:04 AM, said:

View PostD, on 24 February 2020 - 10:22 PM, said:

I don't think Morgoth can win unless Twelve gives him a free refresh. He needs 3 more CT without making any moves to win, and only has 6 influence. Only way he can score the objective is if twelve gives him a free refresh, or he has an action card (which is likely to be sabotaged) . And since he's said he isn't going to attack Toaster I can't see that happening.

Even then there aren't many SOs he can score without making a move I don't think.

You have a couple of routes to victory via CT and rex. An early diplomacy play (prior to you scoring the 16 influence objective with imperial) leaves you two CT to play with (presumably one to nullification field your homeworld) and one to attack toaster and reduce his influence... Then you are hoping noone has an AC to rob you of a CT, probably enough as I doubt two people will be able to reach your homeworld. A later diplomacy play gives you even more options.

A first turn diplomacy play before anyone uses action cards on Toaster limits toaster, d'rek and morgoth, any chance you can do that Khell?

Nom are you planning to research instinct training? Let's you sabotage any sabotages Toaster plays.

I guess Morgoth could technically try and go for 5 tech planets, but that also seems very unlikely.

So then the 3 that can possibly reach the goal this round are only you, me, and Toaster.

#2939 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:39 AM

Discounting the 5-tech-planet objective entirely, as none of us are even close to achieving it:

Toaster
Current VP: 10
Wins this round if: scores the <spend 6 CTs> PO in status phase

IH
Current VP: 8
Wins this round if:
> Fulfills an action-phase SO; and
> scores the <spend 6 CTs> PO in the status phase; and
> fulfills a status-phase SO; and
> Toaster does not reach 12 VP

D'rek
Current VP: 7
Wins this round if:
> Plays IMPERIAL for 1 VP (while still holding MR); and
> While playing IMPERIAL fulfills a 2VP PO (spend 16 influence or spend 6 CTs; and
> Fulfills another 2VP PO in the status phase (or a 1VP objective and fulfills an SO); and
> Toaster and IH do not reach 12 VP

#2940 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:39 AM

View Posttwelve, on 25 February 2020 - 03:09 AM, said:

Free refreshes to whoever helps prevent Toaster from winning.

Does that include me? I can help

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users