• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#1961 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 December 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

So by posting the action post you are stating that Jazz is not playing Gift?

Correct - if he had played it, it would be in the post and he would be first in initiative.

#1962 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Tattersail_ said:

1575297130[/url]' post='1390799']
I am thinking of making myself speaker. Any incentive to make someone else speaker, I am all ears.

I currently have a trade deal in place for everyone except you. I could buy it for a refresh, wash, and you keep firstpick?

Toaster, would you let me hold Fornacis for a round for Corner the Market? If there are no objections from Nom. If yes what's your price?

#1963 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 December 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 02 December 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

I am thinking of making myself speaker. Any incentive to make someone else speaker, I am all ears.

That makes sense, asking for Speaker was a long shot, I know that's a bit much.

However, if you agree to our deal, I would like to ask to be given and use Tekklar Legion when we make contact. I would use it in the same round you give it to me. If I don't use it, I'll give it back to you anyway.

So you with my SFTT and TL what's to say you won't attack me further than what agreed? I'd be losing the SFTT by retaliating yet you'd already have the planets.

You only have Lazar at the moment, with the two I mentioned which other two would you be going for? They are quite spread
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1964 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 02 December 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

I currently have a trade deal in place for everyone except you. I could buy it for a refresh, wash, and you keep firstpick?

Toaster, would you let me hold Fornacis for a round for Corner the Market? If there are no objections from Nom. If yes what's your price?

So you are offering me first pick, and a free refresh with wash.

So if anyone can better this deal then I am all ears. I'll waiver first pick for more as I know the speaker token is going to become a big deal.

Jazz's offer will be accepted. Nom cannot receive speaker token but he could add to someone behind him.

Toaster/Nom - I'd require 6 Tg's (to cover free refresh and wash) and 10 votes (you can ask Nom to chip in 3 Tg each and 5 votes each on one of the coming agendas? I would not stipulate which strategy I want so I'd be waivering first pick.

Morgoth/Khell/IH/Twelve/D'rek - depends on who wants it really. I'd customise the sale of speaker, the further away from me the lesser chance I have of gaining a strategy I'd want. I'd need to know

#1965 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 December 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

However, if you agree to our deal, I would like to ask to be given and use Tekklar Legion when we make contact. I would use it in the same round you give it to me. If I don't use it, I'll give it back to you anyway.

So you with my SFTT and TL what's to say you won't attack me further than what agreed? I'd be losing the SFTT by retaliating yet you'd already have the planets.

You only have Lazar at the moment, with the two I mentioned which other two would you be going for? They are quite spread

Even if I wanted to do that, which I don't, it would be impossible. There's no way I could send over more than a paltry fleet to begin with, which you could easily wipe out if you had to. Plus it wouldn't be in my interests anyway - as you say it will stretch me too far. I can promise to bring over no more than two infantry - one for each planet, and to not try to take over more than the planets we agree on, if that helps soothe your worries. If I did, then obviously I would lose more than I would gain with getting the SftT back - I'd lose the planets, and I'd lose your vote as well. I have Gral as well, so would need one more, for which I have an idea (that is not meant in a sinister fashion!).
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1966 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 December 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Even if I wanted to do that, which I don't, it would be impossible. There's no way I could send over more than a paltry fleet to begin with, which you could easily wipe out if you had to. Plus it wouldn't be in my interests anyway - as you say it will stretch me too far. I can promise to bring over no more than two infantry - one for each planet, and to not try to take over more than the planets we agree on, if that helps soothe your worries. If I did, then obviously I would lose more than I would gain with getting the SftT back - I'd lose the planets, and I'd lose your vote as well. I have Gral as well, so would need one more, for which I have an idea (that is not meant in a sinister fashion!).

Mansa.

Fair enough, 1 infantry per planet. What would you need TL for?

I'm very close to agreeing to this by the way. We'd need a post with everything on before finalising the deal. So as to say we won't be shafting each other in anyway.

#1967 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 December 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

Mansa.

I'm very close to agreeing to this by the way. We'd need a post with everything on before finalising the deal. So as to say we won't be shafting each other in anyway.

To ensure I have a better chance of taking the planet from your one infantry, if I'm going to be fighting it with just one or two. Of course, if you can retreat with your infantry, that would be better for both of us, but obviously I can't stop my ships from firing and they might unfortunately destroy yours (unless you've already moved out - but then someone else might swoop in before my turn).

Yep, agreed on a 'full deal' post.

#1968 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:20 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 December 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Mansa.

To ensure I have a better chance of taking the planet from your one infantry, if I'm going to be fighting it with just one or two. Of course, if you can retreat with your infantry, that would be better for both of us, but obviously I can't stop my ships from firing and they might unfortunately destroy yours (unless you've already moved out - but then someone else might swoop in before my turn).

I'd be moving out so that the system would be empty. I could do one at a time, but it would help if I understood what you were planning so that I can plan accordingly.

#1969 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:57 PM

Have to catch up over the weekend sorry.
But gift of the prescience is not being used makes me really anxious. That definitely was not the deal ..

Post my turn in 2 hours

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 02 December 2019 - 04:59 PM

#1970 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:23 PM

Yeah Jazz sitting on prescience, iff,13tg, a possible 2 actions a turn, a fleet within range of rex and that much tech makes me extremely wary.

Especially with tatts talking about making him speaker. He's clearly in the best position to grab a victory next round. Remember 5 or 6 points scored in a round from the holder of imperial is quite feasible at this point in the game.

#1971 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:33 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 December 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

Yeah Jazz sitting on prescience, iff,13tg, a possible 2 actions a turn, a fleet within range of rex and that much tech makes me extremely wary.

Especially with tatts talking about making him speaker. He's clearly in the best position to grab a victory next round. Remember 5 or 6 points scored in a round from the holder of imperial is quite feasible at this point in the game.

Also he will quite likely research Light-Wave Deflector this round.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1972 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 02 December 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Have to catch up over the weekend sorry.
But gift of the prescience is not being used makes me really anxious. That definitely was not the deal ..

Post my turn in 2 hours

You did not make me promise to use it this round. And as I can't really use the 0 in a valuable way this round, I've decided to wait a round to use it.

How I'm gonna use it to 'achieve victory next round' is puzzling to me, though. We're playing to 12, I'm at 4. And there's two control objectives I don't currently qualify for. I'm sure it'll be a legendary feat if I can pull it off!

#1973 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 02 December 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Trading out prescience without using it next turn is a major break of the deal. I would never sell Gift for a merely 2 TG without the promise of using it next turn.
Each time I sold it, it has been with the strict agreement of using it next turn, maybe I was not explicit in it this time. But in my opinion it was implied.

You said "you would find a way to use it" even specifically against D'rek. But at this moment I am doubting she is the bad person at this table.
You are setting yourself up as the richest, strongest, most technologically advanced and most treacherous person at the table, even having tech and powers that do not belong to you outside of this round.

I am not dealing until we find a way to restore this imbalance, with some gift/promise from your side.
------------

Considering that Diplomacy will and can be used better by everyone at the table , and my max is to gain 3 resources from it, I will just use it.

-----------

Sorry Nom for locking down those units, I hope they can retreat safely when I move in.

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 02 December 2019 - 07:48 PM

#1974 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:53 PM

I've been staring at the map for a half hour and I have no idea what to do. I have zero good choices. No matter what I choose I'm going to piss someone off. Lunch is over and I'm swamped at work after the long holiday weekend. Will try and post later tonight.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1975 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:27 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 December 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 02 December 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Mansa.

I'd be moving out so that the system would be empty. I could do one at a time, but it would help if I understood what you were planning so that I can plan accordingly.

Okay, I'll stop beating around the bush. I have an action card which will help me get to you this round. So if we agree on this, and you were to move out of Wellon turn 1, that'd be great And with Logistics I could feasibly take both - so long as you move out of both/don't move the Wellon units to Tar'Mann.

#1976 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:41 PM

Now to attempt some other deals I suppose:

@ Jazz: If you do not contest me for Wellon/Tar'Mann, I will give you the 2TG you're giving me with the free refresh you owe me.

@ D'rek: If you don't contest me anywhere this round and play Tech by turn 4, I will not make any move against MR so long as you hold it, or against any of your other holdings. Plus after this round you'll probably have some of my ships as easy pickings for new tech.

@ Nom: For the same thing as D'rek, I have a deal in mind but I would like to discuss it later.

@ Twelve: If you do not contest me for Wellon/Tar'Mann, I'll forget that vote you owe me, and give you mine instead.

@ Morgoth/Toaster: Uh, I have no deal in mind here, and I don't want to threaten punitive action and reprisals...but I guess I just did? Suffice to say I'd like to keep to our live and let live policy which has been working well for all three of us so far.

@ IH: Hi!

#1977 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:08 PM

Hi!

#1978 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:23 PM

Wellon is 1 of the options I'm looking at. Plus it has the added bonus of me blowing up 1 of Tatts ships. Problem is there are 3 tech specialty plants right next to each other and is likely to become a hotly contested local.

IH I'm also looking at the hazardous planet we've talked about before. I'm not willing to pay you for it but it's the best way for me to score an objective this round. You are currently sitting at 8 non homeworld planets which is 2x what I'm sitting at. But the downsides of me taking it are clear as well. I still dont want a long protracted fight but I need more resources. There has got to be a solution that I vacate the air space but still retain control of the planet that wont cause us to fight for the rest of the game while you not extorting me for taking it from you.

This is the option I'm most likely to take at the moment even though it's a net zero point move for me.

#1979 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:28 AM

I'm not willing to vacate it for nothing. That will cost me the resources of the planet, and leave me vulnerable as you'll have access to my homeworld.

I'm pretty confident I'd be able to take it back, or another of your worlds in retalliation.

That said I don't particularly want to lose a vp and end up in a protracted war with you.

Give me the time to evacuate, use vefuts resources and pay me the resource price of the world for 2 turns (so 3 tg after the one i owe you for the free refresh) and I'll leave you vefut for the rest of the game. You also leave me the strategy card of my choice next round.

You gain a vp, set yourself up for a second and you should gain more out of vefut in the long run.

You also agree to move in only a cruiser and not build anything other than infantry. If you activate vefut again I will use pds 2.

I can't be more generous than that. That's 3vp and no war for 3tg and a card pick.

#1980 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:34 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 December 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

I'm not willing to vacate it for nothing. That will cost me the resources of the planet, and leave me vulnerable as you'll have access to my homeworld.

I'm pretty confident I'd be able to take it back, or another of your worlds in retalliation.

That said I don't particularly want to lose a vp and end up in a protracted war with you.

Give me the time to evacuate, use vefuts resources and pay me the resource price of the world for 2 turns (so 3 tg after the one i owe you for the free refresh) and I'll leave you vefut for the rest of the game. You also leave me the strategy card of my choice next round.

You gain a vp, set yourself up for a second and you should gain more out of vefut in the long run.

You also agree to move in only a cruiser and not build anything other than infantry. If you activate vefut again I will use pds 2.

I can't be more generous than that. That's 3vp and no war for 3tg and a card pick.

Khell,

we have a deal. I won't mess with your Wellon shenanigans and my debt is forgiven and you now owe me 1 vote.

IH

I agree to your deal of: You exhaust Vefut and move the destroyer out. We then make a binding deal of I move in with 1 cruiser and 1 infantry and pay you 3 trade goods and you don't pds me. I agree to not build ships there and you let me keep it for the rest of the game. Sound about right?

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

24 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users