• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#3641 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 April 2020 - 12:08 PM

Tapper to play leadership finally?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3642 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 April 2020 - 12:37 PM

Well Toaster and D'rek both can't get enough tokens to win with 6CT anymore, so it depends if you are all going to try and stop twelve/myself potentially winning with 6CT and an SO.

Stopping either of us gaining CT would be a challenge so he might decide to play leadership so that people have moves to do other things to stop us.

#3643 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:39 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 28 April 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

Well Toaster and D'rek both can't get enough tokens to win with 6CT anymore, so it depends if you are all going to try and stop twelve/myself potentially winning with 6CT and an SO.

Stopping either of us gaining CT would be a challenge so he might decide to play leadership so that people have moves to do other things to stop us.

Tatts it's looking like IH likely has this in the bag. As D'rek has been stopped if you think the use of your action card will help stop IH you can use it on one of his planets instead. If not then feel free to use it on where we agreed.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3644 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:40 PM

I don't think I have any hazardous planets unexhausted for just this eventuality but I might be wrong!

#3645 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:43 PM

It destroys troops not just exhausts
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3646 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 28 April 2020 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, I was dead as soon as IH made that move. Nom should have waited and used Signal Jamming on IH instead of me, though that alone would not have stopped him.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3647 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:25 AM

View PostD, on 28 April 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

Yeah, I was dead as soon as IH made that move. Nom should have waited and used Signal Jamming on IH instead of me, though that alone would not have stopped him.

But until I made that move everyone needed me to attack you/toaster, so it would have been unlikely to happen. Toasters move to spend a CT really helped, if I'd attacked him and he used skilled retreat I wouldn't have been able to score it.

#3648 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:06 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 28 April 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

Yeah.
With IH likely winning, I guess I didn't need to stop D'rek after all - which would have meant I could have won our little war. Oh well. Live and learn.

In other news, I would really f'ing appreciate someone trading my 2C for 2 TG of theirs before the Status Phase.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3649 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:23 AM

I'll do it if you promise not to attack me, though I'm not sure what objective you think you can score with that, it's spend 16 influence not production.

#3650 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:27 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 April 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

But until I made that move everyone needed me to attack you/toaster, so it would have been unlikely to happen. Toasters move to spend a CT really helped, if I'd attacked him and he used skilled retreat I wouldn't have been able to score it.

I have a skilled retreat in my hand, but where would I have needed to retreat to ?

#3651 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:33 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 29 April 2020 - 09:27 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 April 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

I have a skilled retreat in my hand, but where would I have needed to retreat to ?

I meant your foresight ability, if I'd attacked one of your planets and you'd decided you didn't want to defend and retreated somewhere my spark a rebellion action card would have been almost impossible to score, Twelve guessed a while ago I had that SO, was just hoping no-one else would! Skilled retreat I could have sabotaged.

#3652 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:37 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 April 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

I'll do it if you promise not to attack me, though I'm not sure what objective you think you can score with that, it's spend 16 influence not production.

TG can be spent for both purposes, no?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3653 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

View PostTapper, on 29 April 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 April 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

TG can be spent for both purposes, no?

Well if you think you can get another 6TG/influence from somewhere! I'll do the swap on my turn if you agree not to attack me.

#3654 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostTapper, on 29 April 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 28 April 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

Yeah.
With IH likely winning, I guess I didn't need to stop D'rek after all - which would have meant I could have won our little war. Oh well. Live and learn.

In other news, I would really f'ing appreciate someone trading my 2C for 2 TG of theirs before the Status Phase.

Maybe rather than helping IH you should trade with me since it's impossible for me to score a PO?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3655 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:47 PM

I'd gladly swap them out too
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#3656 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:48 PM

Well play Twelve. I was hoping to use insubordination on you, but you counted your action cards.

If you don't have the SO you need to win that's highly unfortunate for you.

That said... Tapper if you want to maximise your points, I'll swap out your commodities, and give you my remaining 6TG if you eject twelve from mallice, giving you the 8TG you need to score a 2VP SO, as that is the only SO I think twelve can score.

#3657 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:59 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 April 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

Well play Twelve. I was hoping to use insubordination on you, but you counted your action cards.

If you don't have the SO you need to win that's highly unfortunate for you.

That said... Tapper if you want to maximise your points, I'll swap out your commodities, and give you my remaining 6TG if you eject twelve from mallice, giving you the 8TG you need to score a 2VP SO, as that is the only SO I think twelve can score.

I was very afraid of action cards to prevent me from scoring the stage 2 objectives. I know Tatts could have stopped me from scoring the influence one by making me exhaust one of my 3 influence planets even though he said he wouldn't. I also knew it was likely that someone had the action card to remove a tactical CT so opted for just getting the CTs and putting them all in Strategy. It's all a moot point as I can't do anything about you winning as I fully expect you to have a secret objective you will score. 11 point second place finish is a far cry better than my usual showing though. And as the Arborec no less. We really need to start using meta play to slow you and Morgoth down as it always seems to be you two always in the running to win.

#3658 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:19 PM

I picked Yin as I was expecting to be assailed from the go by you and Khell and they seemed a good defensive option against both of you. I think there are a few of us who are always close to victory, it often depends on the POs. D'rek/Morgoth/Toaster and you were all in the running to win this round, and if Khell hadn't got greedy (and unlucky on PO's) he would have been close too. I am surprised that I wasn't attacked/pressured more this game, I've been in a strong position with a relatively weak military for most of the game. If I manage to scrape a win with the Yin I will be very pleased, as they are usually considered one of the weakest races.

Didn't Morgoth win with the aarborec? I think they are very strong in 9 player.

#3659 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:02 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 April 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

I picked Yin as I was expecting to be assailed from the go by you and Khell and they seemed a good defensive option against both of you. I think there are a few of us who are always close to victory, it often depends on the POs. D'rek/Morgoth/Toaster and you were all in the running to win this round, and if Khell hadn't got greedy (and unlucky on PO's) he would have been close too. I am surprised that I wasn't attacked/pressured more this game, I've been in a strong position with a relatively weak military for most of the game. If I manage to scrape a win with the Yin I will be very pleased, as they are usually considered one of the weakest races.

I had a super weak slice and couldn't put much plastic on the board but the Arborec, from what I understand, is the second worse faction right in front of the Winnu. And yes Morgoth got a win with them. If I hadn't gotten those 2 Mecatol points I wouldnt have even got close.

#3660 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:51 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 April 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 April 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

I had a super weak slice and couldn't put much plastic on the board but the Arborec, from what I understand, is the second worse faction right in front of the Winnu. And yes Morgoth got a win with them. If I hadn't gotten those 2 Mecatol points I wouldnt have even got close.

I don't think aarborec are particularly underpowered, especially in a game to 12 points which gives them a bit longer to blob.

Looking at the stats though they are in the bottom third of races though: https://docs.google....it#gid=53518479

Winnu and Yin are the least picked races suggesting there is at least a perception they are bad, but interestingly it's the sar'dak norr and embers of muatt who clearly end up bottom of the rankings.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook