#2041 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:10 PM

View Posttwelve, on 04 December 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostD, on 04 December 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 04 December 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostD, on 04 December 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

Nothing personal Twelve, I wanted to stall and Nevant has so many infantry how could I resist. Plus I guess a tiny smidgeon of payback for Public Disgrace ^_^

And fyi this isn't payback its damn near a declaration of war.

Pfft, how? And if that's a declaration of war, then you declared war first with Public Disgrace :p

(Or are you just trying to find any excuse to go to war with me because you don't have anything else to do?)

Public disgrace was more of an inconvenience to you. And I only did it because I had very specific plans for this round that went puff with Toasts use of Diplomacy. This action card is designed to specifically kill my units. A Huge difference. And it's still your turn so you could pick someone else but I dont think you want to. Well I'm going to sabotage it so it's still your turn

Sabotage has been played, but it doesn't mean it's still her turn. Her action was to play the Plague card. Just because you sabotaged it doesn't mean that she hasn't played the card.

You're probably thinking of when someone sabotages something like Flank Speed, which would then make it impossible for someone to reach the system they have activated. They would then get to activate a different system or do a different action because the action they were going to do (moving to a system) is impossible.

#2042 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:12 PM

D'rek you say no hard feeling by just playing tech instead.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2043 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 04 December 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Nothing personal Twelve, I wanted to stall and Nevant has so many infantry how could I resist. Plus I guess a tiny smidgeon of payback for Public Disgrace ^_^

Pfft, how? And if that's a declaration of war, then you declared war first with Public Disgrace :p

(Or are you just trying to find any excuse to go to war with me because you don't have anything else to do?)

Public disgrace was more of an inconvenience to you. And I only did it because I had very specific plans for this round that went puff with Toasts use of Diplomacy. This action card is designed to specifically kill my units. A Huge difference. And it's still your turn so you could pick someone else but I dont think you want to. Well I'm going to sabotage it so it's still your turn

Sabotage has been played, but it doesn't mean it's still her turn. Her action was to play the Plague card. Just because you sabotaged it doesn't mean that she hasn't played the card.

You're probably thinking of when someone sabotages something like Flank Speed, which would then make it impossible for someone to reach the system they have activated. They would then get to activate a different system or do a different action because the action they were going to do (moving to a system) is impossible.

I thought if a component action is sabotaged then they are still required to do another actiin?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2044 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:17 PM

Other way around. If you sabotage a Flank Speed that doesn't stop the tactical action, just the +1 movement effect of the ships. The Tactical Action still occurs (even if it is just activating the system and nothing else).

But if you sabotage a "Play as an Action" card like Plague, then no action has been performed in the turn anymore, and every turn must have an action or pass, so then they do have to do something else.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2045 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:17 PM

View Posttwelve, on 04 December 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

D'rek you say no hard feeling by just playing tech instead.

Alrighty

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2046 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:18 PM

View Posttwelve, on 04 December 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

I thought if a component action is sabotaged then they are still required to do another actiin?

I thought it was the opposite, a component action requires you to replay the turn, as the player in question hasn't done an action, an activated system does not as technically you can activate any system regardless of ability to move there.

#2047 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:18 PM

View PostD, on 04 December 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Other way around. If you sabotage a Flank Speed that doesn't stop the tactical action, just the +1 movement effect of the ships. The Tactical Action still occurs (even if it is just activating the system and nothing else).

But if you sabotage a "Play as an Action" card like Plague, then no action has been performed in the turn anymore, and every turn must have an action or pass, so then they do have to do something else.

What, really?! I feel like we've definitely allowed players to activate a different system in situations where a Flank Speed has been sabotaged in the past.

#2048 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

Yeah, D'rek is right (don't know why I ever doubted her, lol).

Sorry, my bad!

#2049 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 04 December 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

View PostD, on 04 December 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

What, really?! I feel like we've definitely allowed players to activate a different system in situations where a Flank Speed has been sabotaged in the past.

I don't remember that, but maybe. If we did, we were wrong!

#2050 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

That amount of CTs is downright disgusting. Imagine if you were allowed to sell CTs to other players!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2051 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:35 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 December 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

That amount of CTs is downright disgusting. Imagine if you were allowed to sell CTs to other players!

Yeah, this feels a bit gross. Nekro is weird.

And actually this made me think of something - are we doing CT limitations in this? In a physical game there are only so many cardboard tokens, and when you run out IIRC you have to start using them from your pools instead of reinforcements whenever a game effect says to take one from your reinforcements.

Are we doing that? And if so, how many CTs do we have per player in this game?

#2052 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

I believe it's 16, in which case you would have run out already as you have one on the board due to toaster playing diplomacy.

#2053 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:41 PM

Yep, we are definitely playing with the CT limit, which, as IH has pointed out, is 16.

I've let Drek know that she can modify her most recent turn given we haven't really ever had to worry about the CT limits before and she likely didn't realize that she was on the edge of her limit.

#2054 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

Shoooooooot. And Blend confirmed in PM we are using the CT limitations. Ok, definitely not playing Tech then.

Anyone have any problems if I undo exhausting Lirta in my Leadership secondary? Pretty unnecessary of me to do that when I hold TECH and will hit the CT limit. No one has taken a turn after me yet, and it wouldn't have changed anything about my playing Plague or that getting sabotaged.

#2055 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:48 PM

Yeah I've just realised I'm at 16 as well with diplomacy essentially being played twice. Not something I've ever had to worry about before!

#2056 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:49 PM

Abd go ahead d'rek makes perfect sense.

#2057 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:53 PM

Ok, last edit done, I think. So now I should have 12 CTs in pools, 2 on the board, and 2 in reinforcements currently.

#2058 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:03 PM

@Khell when would you like to move in to Mansa?

And I will accept Dreks bribe to shoot tatts up
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#2059 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:30 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 04 December 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

@Khell when would you like to move in to Mansa?

And I will accept Dreks bribe to shoot tatts up

Whenever really, I'm flexible for that this round (so if you want to exhaust it first, etc., that's fine). Can we come to a deal that you don't use Null Field, allow me to take Mansa III for this round, and don't shoot up my ships in Wellon/Tar'Mann, in exchange for my racial to be used whenever you want?

#2060 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:31 PM

@ Tatts: With D'rek's latest revised action, it may not be necessary for you to block the alpha wormhole...although she presumably has half a dozen tricks up her sleeve sigh.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users