• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#2001 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:26 PM

when do you want me to vacate vefut twelve?

#2002 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:34 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 December 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

when do you want me to vacate vefut twelve?

Asap. I dont have much to do this round and I have yet to get a single stall action card all game. Though I would like to plug empty spaces with destroyer's like Khell has done to prevent wormholes from being placed in our backyard but I dont know when Logistics will get played. I could send a cruiser there but I dont think you would be a big fan of that.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2003 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:37 PM

It's one of the reasons I popped leadership early you you can get the influence out of the system and move out right away if you want

#2004 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

You plugging the hole works too.

#2005 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

Khellendros said:

1575326468[/url]' post='1390859']
Now to attempt some other deals I suppose:

@ Jazz: If you do not contest me for Wellon/Tar'Mann, I will give you the 2TG you're giving me with the free refresh you owe me.

@ D'rek: If you don't contest me anywhere this round and play Tech by turn 4, I will not make any move against MR so long as you hold it, or against any of your other holdings. Plus after this round you'll probably have some of my ships as easy pickings for new tech.

@ Nom: For the same thing as D'rek, I have a deal in mind but I would like to discuss it later.

@ Twelve: If you do not contest me for Wellon/Tar'Mann, I'll forget that vote you owe me, and give you mine instead.

@ Morgoth/Toaster: Uh, I have no deal in mind here, and I don't want to threaten punitive action and reprisals...but I guess I just did? Suffice to say I'd like to keep to our live and let live policy which has been working well for all three of us so far.

@ IH: Hi!

Just 2 tg's for 2 vp's is not enough, especially when my neighbor is getting a point out of it and you're already in the lead. Tatts speaks as if Wellon is his to sell but I've been pretty open about considering it my territory. My setback on MR meant I couldn't exactly do anything about his occupancy of the planet for his control objective and yellow skip, but the robots have been rebuilding and we're ready once again to participate in the intergalactic stage.
We'll take your 2 commodities but in addition we want free control over Wellon and Tarmann afterwards. If Tatts agrees we won't stand in your way.

#2006 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 03 December 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Khellendros said:

Now to attempt some other deals I suppose:

@ Jazz: If you do not contest me for Wellon/Tar'Mann, I will give you the 2TG you're giving me with the free refresh you owe me.

@ D'rek: If you don't contest me anywhere this round and play Tech by turn 4, I will not make any move against MR so long as you hold it, or against any of your other holdings. Plus after this round you'll probably have some of my ships as easy pickings for new tech.

@ Nom: For the same thing as D'rek, I have a deal in mind but I would like to discuss it later.

@ Twelve: If you do not contest me for Wellon/Tar'Mann, I'll forget that vote you owe me, and give you mine instead.

@ Morgoth/Toaster: Uh, I have no deal in mind here, and I don't want to threaten punitive action and reprisals...but I guess I just did? Suffice to say I'd like to keep to our live and let live policy which has been working well for all three of us so far.

@ IH: Hi!

Just 2 tg's for 2 vp's is not enough, especially when my neighbor is getting a point out of it and you're already in the lead. Tatts speaks as if Wellon is his to sell but I've been pretty open about considering it my territory. My setback on MR meant I couldn't exactly do anything about his occupancy of the planet for his control objective and yellow skip, but the robots have been rebuilding and we're ready once again to participate in the intergalactic stage.
We'll take your 2 commodities but in addition we want free control over Wellon and Tarmann afterwards. If Tatts agrees we won't stand in your way.

I don’t care what happens with the planets after status phase. It’s not like I’ll be able to defend them anyway, so I’m happy to agree to that and what happens after is between you and Tatts, I’m only loaning them.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2007 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:49 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 02 December 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostJazzarm, on 02 December 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 02 December 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

I am thinking of making myself speaker. Any incentive to make someone else speaker, I am all ears.

I currently have a trade deal in place for everyone except you. I could buy it for a refresh, wash, and you keep firstpick?

Toaster, would you let me hold Fornacis for a round for Corner the Market? If there are no objections from Nom. If yes what's your price?

Trading out prescience without using it next turn is a major break of the deal. I would never sell Gift for a merely 2 TG without the promise of using it next turn.
Each time I sold it, it has been with the strict agreement of using it next turn, maybe I was not explicit in it this time. But in my opinion it was implied.

You said "you would find a way to use it" even specifically against D'rek. But at this moment I am doubting she is the bad person at this table.
You are setting yourself up as the richest, strongest, most technologically advanced and most treacherous person at the table, even having tech and powers that do not belong to you outside of this round.

I am not dealing until we find a way to restore this imbalance, with some gift/promise from your side.
------------

Considering that Diplomacy will and can be used better by everyone at the table , and my max is to gain 3 resources from it, I will just use it.

-----------

Sorry Nom for locking down those units, I hope they can retreat safely when I move in.

Not everyone is Telepathic, my slithering friend. Call us old-fashioned, but we only committed to the part of the deal that's on paper, not any other invisible terms, implied or otherwise. I can promise you we won't hold Gift over your head, and use it before anyone reaches 10VP. If my not playing the card causes so much grief we'll alternatively trade it back for your Trade Agreement next agenda phase, or other favors to be determined.

#2008 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:20 PM

Khellendros said:

I don't think it's very likely that you would attack me anyway, and I'm pretty good on tech now. This isn't much of an offer when you are 2VP ahead of me and trying to achieve a stage 2 PO that it seems no one else can even hope to achieve.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2009 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:32 PM

View PostD, on 03 December 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

Khellendros said:

I don't think it's very likely that you would attack me anyway, and I'm pretty good on tech now. This isn't much of an offer when you are 2VP ahead of me and trying to achieve a stage 2 PO that it seems no one else can even hope to achieve.

It's not very likely unless I have nothing else to do, no. I'd like to come to some agreement where I can keep hold of Wellon and Tar'Mann this round and get to use Tech before I have to pass. If it seems like I'd lose those planets to you if I did take them, then I won't bother going for them, in which case the other option is using Logistics to take the token off MR. There's not much else for me to do this round. Do you have any other offer in mind?

#2010 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

Can't trade with us until mine and Tatts' turns
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#2011 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:42 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 December 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

Khellendros said:

It's not very likely unless I have nothing else to do, no. I'd like to come to some agreement where I can keep hold of Wellon and Tar'Mann this round and get to use Tech before I have to pass. If it seems like I'd lose those planets to you if I did take them, then I won't bother going for them, in which case the other option is using Logistics to take the token off MR. There's not much else for me to do this round. Do you have any other offer in mind?

Even with a Flank Speed and Silence of Space you can't get a substantial enough force to MR to really threaten it this round. If you built in Centauri and removed the CT from there, sure, but then you can't remove the CT from MR. Especially if I did stall out tech for a while, though i'm unlikely to do so.

Do I have another offer in mind? No, not really. There's not much of equal value to letting you gain 2 VP, other than something where I also were to gain 2 VP, and I can't see any offer you might give which would be worth that.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2012 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:57 PM

View PostD, on 03 December 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Khellendros said:

Even with a Flank Speed and Silence of Space you can't get a substantial enough force to MR to really threaten it this round. If you built in Centauri and removed the CT from there, sure, but then you can't remove the CT from MR. Especially if I did stall out tech for a while, though i'm unlikely to do so.

Do I have another offer in mind? No, not really. There's not much of equal value to letting you gain 2 VP, other than something where I also were to gain 2 VP, and I can't see any offer you might give which would be worth that.

You’re right, I’m very unlikely to be able to take MR this round, but I can at least weaken your force a bit for someone else to come along next round and make it a bit easier for them, and I would have no problem rebuilding whatever I lost. That’s not exactly profitable for me (other than continuing to make MR unstable), and I’m unlikely to do it unless someone with an interest in MR offered me an incentive, but I can’t really see what else to do that’s half-productive.

It’s hard trying to make a deal with the entire board! Uhm, if you needed help with the next 2VP objective I’m happy to help out?

Maybe Tatts can help sway you? Tatts, a little help here with your neighbour? :)

Or twelve? Fancy swooping into D’rek’s territories if she launches ships towards Wellon/Tar’Mann?

#2013 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:45 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 December 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostD, on 03 December 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Khellendros said:

You’re right, I’m very unlikely to be able to take MR this round, but I can at least weaken your force a bit for someone else to come along next round and make it a bit easier for them, and I would have no problem rebuilding whatever I lost. That’s not exactly profitable for me (other than continuing to make MR unstable), and I’m unlikely to do it unless someone with an interest in MR offered me an incentive, but I can’t really see what else to do that’s half-productive.

It’s hard trying to make a deal with the entire board! Uhm, if you needed help with the next 2VP objective I’m happy to help out?

Maybe Tatts can help sway you? Tatts, a little help here with your neighbour? :)

Or twelve? Fancy swooping into D’rek’s territories if she launches ships towards Wellon/Tar’Mann?

Even if I wanted to I cant get to the good ones. Plus she says she has the space port thingy that would shred my puny ships. Definitely not interested in pissing her off for minimal gain.

#2014 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:08 PM

@ khell commodity swap to stay out of your conniving ;)

@jazz I'm confused why i got a free refresh though i thought you'd rejected my deal

#2015 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:34 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 December 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

@ khell commodity swap to stay out of your conniving ;)

@jazz I'm confused why i got a free refresh though i thought you'd rejected my deal

Weren't you paying 1 to Nom for them to pick Imperial? My counteroffer was to do a 1 for 2 in my favor if he didn't, which you rejected. But as I see it the first deal still stands.

#2016 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:18 AM

View PostJazzarm, on 03 December 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 02 December 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostJazzarm, on 02 December 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 02 December 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

I am thinking of making myself speaker. Any incentive to make someone else speaker, I am all ears.

I currently have a trade deal in place for everyone except you. I could buy it for a refresh, wash, and you keep firstpick?

Toaster, would you let me hold Fornacis for a round for Corner the Market? If there are no objections from Nom. If yes what's your price?

Trading out prescience without using it next turn is a major break of the deal. I would never sell Gift for a merely 2 TG without the promise of using it next turn.
Each time I sold it, it has been with the strict agreement of using it next turn, maybe I was not explicit in it this time. But in my opinion it was implied.

You said "you would find a way to use it" even specifically against D'rek. But at this moment I am doubting she is the bad person at this table.
You are setting yourself up as the richest, strongest, most technologically advanced and most treacherous person at the table, even having tech and powers that do not belong to you outside of this round.

I am not dealing until we find a way to restore this imbalance, with some gift/promise from your side.
------------

Considering that Diplomacy will and can be used better by everyone at the table , and my max is to gain 3 resources from it, I will just use it.

-----------

Sorry Nom for locking down those units, I hope they can retreat safely when I move in.

Not everyone is Telepathic, my slithering friend. Call us old-fashioned, but we only committed to the part of the deal that's on paper, not any other invisible terms, implied or otherwise. I can promise you we won't hold Gift over your head, and use it before anyone reaches 10VP. If my not playing the card causes so much grief we'll alternatively trade it back for your Trade Agreement next agenda phase, or other favors to be determined.

That makes it a lot better, but please use it next round or find a way to use it next round. Because most likely after that next round people will be at 10VP.

#2017 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:10 AM

Morgoth's turn. It's the mother flipping police
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2018 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:42 AM

I have 4 commodities I'd like to trade.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2019 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:59 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 December 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

I have 4 commodities I'd like to trade.

I will flip them for you, for the cost of 1 ?

#2020 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:01 AM

@jazz, I will indeed trigger your Trade PN.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

27 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users