#1582 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 19 November 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 19 November 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 19 November 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

@ D'rek, please move out with the destroyer

@ IH will move out next turn if D'rek moves out everything as she is blocking me from going home.

You promised you would move out turn 0, then first turn, now it's second turn?

At least give me a free refresh for this blatant breaking of our deal.

And yeah I agree with Nom, you have to specify who gets a free refresh when you play it

Sorry D'rek promised me she would move out as well..

I am getting screwed over from all sides, and trying to keep people happy.
edited my turn and moved out into the nebula, which basicly costs me a CT for nothing now.

Thanks. I'd have been cool with a free refresh and waiting a turn or two, but if that's what you want to do.

#1583 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 19 November 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 19 November 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 19 November 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 19 November 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

@ D'rek, please move out with the destroyer

@ IH will move out next turn if D'rek moves out everything as she is blocking me from going home.

You promised you would move out turn 0, then first turn, now it's second turn?

At least give me a free refresh for this blatant breaking of our deal.

And yeah I agree with Nom, you have to specify who gets a free refresh when you play it

Sorry D'rek promised me she would move out as well..

I am getting screwed over from all sides, and trying to keep people happy.
edited my turn and moved out into the nebula, which basicly costs me a CT for nothing now.

Thanks. I'd have been cool with a free refresh and waiting a turn or two, but if that's what you want to do.

Rather pay a CT then more free money for the table.

Feel like people are calling out the " leader " way to soon in this meta.
We are in early mid game, and the game can go all ways. But I have to protect myself for people calling me out as a " leader " if 3 people are already afraid I rather don't give scared people warfunds.

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 19 November 2019 - 11:47 AM

#1584 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:55 AM

I mean, you’re the only one who keeps saying “leader” :D Don’t let the pressure get to you, fight the good fight!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1585 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:07 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 19 November 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

I mean, you're the only one who keeps saying "leader" :D Don't let the pressure get to you, fight the good fight!

Thanks for the encouragement.

D'rek, IH, Tats, Jazz have all used it one way or the other.

#1586 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

I had a mistake in my planets, It said I owned Fornacis, but this should have been Gliese. Edited this and informed Blend (our moderator)

#1587 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 19 November 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

Who wants to be refreshed with trade, as My trade PN is out I will not profit a lot from trade.
I took trade to stymie all the free trading that has been going on.

I will refresh morgoth + Khell for free, as we have been good neighbours and the one's I remember refreshing me (speak up if I am forgetting you )

The rest , I will refresh you for 1 TG.

You owe me a free refresh for giving you one last round.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1588 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

@Nom when are you planning of using tech ?
Considering I have been having to alter my turn already to compensate for deals not being honored. Knowing when Tech will be popped would be nice

#1589 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:12 PM

Alrighty, so Nom next then Twelve then Tatts

@Nom - It's been a while since we talked about it, did you still want to do the Silvano exchange? No worries if you don't, things change. If you do want to do it, and want it to be this round, it pretty much needs to be now - I've just exhausted Silvano so it's ready for taking, and I'm almost certainly going to play Diplomacy next turn, so if you don't take it now you wouldn't get to refresh it and use the tech skip this round. (I'll retreat the carrier and fighter, of course, and am not concerned if they die trying to retreat)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1590 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

@Twelve - Didn't want to say this until after Toaster's turn, lest he move the wormhole. So let's talk. Your purpose in taking Bereg/Lirta is to get 4 hazardous planets for the 4-of-one-type objective, right? You already have 3 hazardous planets, so it's not like you need a double-hazardous system, any 1 more hazardous planet will do.

Let's say you go for Bereg/Lirta. Tech hasn't been played yet, so no assault cannon. I've got experimental battlestation and another shields holding (assuming the battle in MR doesn't use it), though you probably have a sabotage. Then you take it and have to hold it against my next turn where I can try to retake it. Probably you will have to build reinforcements just in case I send everything I have at it, and conversely if I don't think I can beat it I am able to attack your other hexes instead.

But alternatively... the wormhole is still open. I've got a hazardous planet in the triple-planet hex, and you only need one. No experimental battlestation, no bad relations with neighbours, no counterattack into your other hexes. The only repercussion you'd face would be from the Naalu, and they just moved a bunch of ships they would have available to retaliate into the nebula so those are locked down. Plus they basically have nothing but fighters - you could simply build a few cheap destroyers upon your landing and shred any attempted retaliation. And bonus, then, you can keep the hex for the rest of the game if you want, it doesn't expose the rest of your systems at all.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1591 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

View PostD, on 19 November 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Alrighty, so Nom next then Twelve then Tatts

@Nom - It's been a while since we talked about it, did you still want to do the Silvano exchange? No worries if you don't, things change. If you do want to do it, and want it to be this round, it pretty much needs to be now - I've just exhausted Silvano so it's ready for taking, and I'm almost certainly going to play Diplomacy next turn, so if you don't take it now you wouldn't get to refresh it and use the tech skip this round. (I'll retreat the carrier and fighter, of course, and am not concerned if they die trying to retreat)

Yeah gonna do it
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1592 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostD, on 19 November 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

@Twelve - Didn't want to say this until after Toaster's turn, lest he move the wormhole. So let's talk. Your purpose in taking Bereg/Lirta is to get 4 hazardous planets for the 4-of-one-type objective, right? You already have 3 hazardous planets, so it's not like you need a double-hazardous system, any 1 more hazardous planet will do.

Let's say you go for Bereg/Lirta. Tech hasn't been played yet, so no assault cannon. I've got experimental battlestation and another shields holding (assuming the battle in MR doesn't use it), though you probably have a sabotage. Then you take it and have to hold it against my next turn where I can try to retake it. Probably you will have to build reinforcements just in case I send everything I have at it, and conversely if I don't think I can beat it I am able to attack your other hexes instead.

But alternatively... the wormhole is still open. I've got a hazardous planet in the triple-planet hex, and you only need one. No experimental battlestation, no bad relations with neighbours, no counterattack into your other hexes. The only repercussion you'd face would be from the Naalu, and they just moved a bunch of ships they would have available to retaliate into the nebula so those are locked down. Plus they basically have nothing but fighters - you could simply build a few cheap destroyers upon your landing and shred any attempted retaliation. And bonus, then, you can keep the hex for the rest of the game if you want, it doesn't expose the rest of your systems at all.

Ah but Twelve has Imperial and he wants to complete two objectives - not just 4-of-one type, but owning six planets as well I think.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1593 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:27 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 19 November 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Ah but Twelve has Imperial and he wants to complete two objectives - not just 4-of-one type, but owning six planets as well I think.

I don't see a problem there? The 3-hex system has even more planets that Ber/Lir!

#1594 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

Wouldn't be particularly happy about this though

#1595 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 19 November 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Wouldn't be particularly happy about this though

Hmm? Why? I don't think Twelve will have any ambitions to try and take your system even if he moves to For/Gli/Ari/

#1596 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Well I have had this deal with naalu where I take Fornacis for myself that you've already sabotaged once

#1597 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 19 November 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well I have had this deal with naalu where I take Fornacis for myself that you've already sabotaged once

Ohhh. I did not know that. Sorry! Well, it'll be up to Twelve to decide what he wants to do.

There is yet another alternative - Toaster could give Twelve the wormhole PN and Twelve could use it to go to yet another hazardous planet system like, say, Abyz/Fria.

#1598 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:54 PM

@Nom if I get angry space plants and crazy robotic space virus in my slice I will support you with wiping them off with fighter swarms and then you can move in

@Jazz. Now that the nekro is showing her true colour again. Could I interestest you in opening a wormhole so you can move into Bereg/Lirta IV and start hurting her back ?
I would need nothing in return.

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 19 November 2019 - 02:55 PM

#1599 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:59 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 19 November 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

@Nom if I get angry space plants and crazy robotic space virus in my slice I will support you with wiping them off with fighter swarms and then you can move in

If you think you can handle it I have no problem taking the planet next round, you think you can then?

#1600 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

Haven't worked out my ct logistics for this round and gotta go now so will post my turn in about 2 hours

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

22 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users