TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#1141 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 11 November 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostD, on 11 November 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 11 November 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

1 TG and I'll place it where you ask. (As long as it doesn't overlap the agreement with Morgoth)

What's the agreement with Morgoth? Just don't use it against him?

It has to be used during this round.

The PN is simple. Use the alpha wormhole and don't place it next to any of his systems.

Ask him if you want to change to beta wormhole if it would be acceptable.

@Morgoth - are you okay with it being the beta wormhole instead of the alpha? The place I have in mind would have basically 0 chance of anyone else being able to use it to get to Quann, as I'd be blocking it and even if they pushed me back they'd want to stay there to defend other avenues. I'd be able to come through to Quann... but then again I already can so not much difference there.

@Tatts - if Morgoth agrees then yeah I'll definitely pay you to pick the spot.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1142 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 11 November 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Tattersail_ said:

1573472220[/url]' post='1388685']
Jazz, i'll need you to move out of Tarmann this coming turn please.

You asked me to move out my 3rd or 4th turn if memory serves, and my next turn coming up will be only my 3rd.

Still, for a well respected neighbor who will swap supports with me next round, I can make that move.

That's two favors I'm doing you this round though, so allow me one in turn. All I ask is you don't place a wormhole near me that would threaten my backyard by the ever gluttonous Virus, no matter what they offer.

Virus, this does not mean I am averse to sharing my bountiful techs with you in the future, but it will be on my terms and it will be an equitable trade, if I can help it. We haven't forgotten your freeloading in the last agenda phase.

Freeloading?! WTF are you on about. Now I'm offended. I wasn't going to ask/pay Tatts to put the WH anywhere near you, but now I really want to.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1143 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:37 PM

D said:

1573482354[/url]' post='1388704']

Jazzarm said:

1573481834[/url]' post='1388701']

Tattersail_ said:

You asked me to move out my 3rd or 4th turn if memory serves, and my next turn coming up will be only my 3rd.

Still, for a well respected neighbor who will swap supports with me next round, I can make that move.

That's two favors I'm doing you this round though, so allow me one in turn. All I ask is you don't place a wormhole near me that would threaten my backyard by the ever gluttonous Virus, no matter what they offer.

Virus, this does not mean I am averse to sharing my bountiful techs with you in the future, but it will be on my terms and it will be an equitable trade, if I can help it. We haven't forgotten your freeloading in the last agenda phase.

Freeloading?! WTF are you on about. Now I'm offended. I wasn't going to ask/pay Tatts to put the WH anywhere near you, but now I really want to.

Need I spell it out for you? I put Compensated Disarmament on top, galvanized the galaxy to elect Mecatol before we have 16 happy little plant dudes in the middle of our galaxy, put a rider to that effect the profits of which I'll be sharing with the voters, and when I asked what contribution you would make to prevent plantmageddon while gaining you a free tech, what was your response again? You don't see why you would pay to use your abilities?

Well, you're paying now in the form of your reputation. If that offends you, it's not my problem.

Once again, I'm happy to make a deal with anyone that benefits them and myself. The Nekro tech assimilation makes many deals possible. But if you think you can take what you want for free, think again. There's always a price, whether gold or iron.

This post has been edited by Jazzarm: 11 November 2019 - 02:38 PM

#1144 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:43 PM

@ Morgoth: Actually, I just realised that I don't need to swap commodities as I'm just going to give them straight to Nom in the agenda phase, so if you want to trade with someone else that's fine with me, but thanks for the offer, it's appreciated.

@ GC: I've noticed one thing on the map: I think Nom has taken control of Mansa III with his Xxchaness, but it's not indicated on the map.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1145 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 11 November 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

D said:

1573482354[/url]' post='1388704']

Jazzarm said:

1573481834[/url]' post='1388701']

Tattersail_ said:

Need I spell it out for you? I put Compensated Disarmament on top, galvanized the galaxy to elect Mecatol before we have 16 happy little plant dudes in the middle of our galaxy, put a rider to that effect the profits of which I'll be sharing with the voters, and when I asked what contribution you would make to prevent plantmageddon while gaining you a free tech, what was your response again? You don't see why you would pay to use your abilities?

Well, you're paying now in the form of your reputation. If that offends you, it's not my problem.

Once again, I'm happy to make a deal with anyone that benefits them and myself. The Nekro tech assimilation makes many deals possible. But if you think you can take what you want for free, think again. There's always a price, whether gold or iron.

Wow, yeah, it's almost like we all play different unique races with their own special abilities or something...

Does Toaster pay whoever holds Leadership 1 TG every round because Telepathic lets him take away the going first opportunity from that player? Are you going to pay anyone you use Harrow or Assimilate against? When Nom uses his Nullification Field, should he cover the costs of the player that lost a CT? Why aren't you decrying any of *those* "freeloaders" ?! :rolleyes:

Not to mention unlike all of the above my Galactic Threat already has a built-in cost - I can't fucking vote on any agendas. While you get your abilities for free.

I'm not upset by any of that. That's the mechanics of the game. But I don't know where your delusions of how I'm getting all these things "for free" while you and everyone else is suffering under the weight of your ever-so-costly abilities comes from. It's delusional.

#1146 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 11 November 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

@ GC: I've noticed one thing on the map: I think Nom has taken control of Mansa III with his Xxchaness, but it's not indicated on the map.

right
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1147 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

Khell, morgoth, nom, twelve or toaster, interested in a commodity exchange?

#1148 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:30 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 November 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

I already told D'rek I'd swap hers out. Khell sounded like he would wash someone's if I recall correctly.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1149 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:45 PM

View Posttwelve, on 11 November 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 November 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

I already told D'rek I'd swap hers out. Khell sounded like he would wash someone's if I recall correctly.

Yeah I can do it if you need it.

#1150 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:01 PM

@IH I just made my move to Piscium , I posted the trade we promised on in the game chat as well. So please retreat :-)

#1151 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

Ooooo the Naalu strike

#1152 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

In the interest of keeping the flow going, how about you send me 1 or 2 choices of where you would like the wormhole to go for the price. Morgoth usually checks thread in the morning. If he has any objection he can let me know before I play my turn.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1153 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

@Tatts - your turn is coming up so we should probably figure out WH placement possibilities now rather than waiting for Morgoth to respond first. Let's assume for now he'll be okay with it being the beta token, and if he later kapooshes that later then so be it. Here's some interesting possible locations, thoughts on any of them?

Bereg/Lirta - I'd send some cruisers through and try to nab 4 hazardous planets, evidently. Could be good for you, too - a weakened L1z1x that is busy fighting me is less likely to turn on you so less fears of unneighbourliness from him and you could hold Tar'mann all game if you wanted to.

Lazar/Sakulag - another exposed double-planet

Asteroid field between Nom/Toaster - Nom doesn't have antimass deflectors. Something could happen with that.

Mansa III - well, it's one hazardous planet at least, and not a spot that will bother Morgoth or anyone else next to you if you're worried about being diplomatic. Cuts off some Naalu from each other, which is fun.

Mecatol Rex - Fun

#1154 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:56 PM

Heh, cross post ^_^

#1155 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:58 PM

Can a wormhole be placed on Rex?

All these options you'd be okay with paying the 1 tg?

Lazar Sakalug has ships on it now.

Did you mean Bereg/Lirta?

#1156 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

Arinam Meer is an option Drek, not much defense around there or ships. Nullification field is Null if he doesn't have ships.

#1157 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 11 November 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

Oh, yeah, missed that update.

View PostTattersail_, on 11 November 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

Arinam Meer is an option Drek, not much defense around there or ships. Nullification field is Null if he doesn't have ships.

Maybe. Though 1 infantry on each plus the PDS with GLS would be a hard nut to crack for just a few cruisers though. And since only 1 of them is hazardous, Mansa III or Mehar Xull would be easier.

#1158 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:15 PM

Mehar Xull has loads of infantry though. I'll look to place it on mansa 3, I'm sure Morgoth will be fine with that.

#1159 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:16 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 11 November 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

Yes, I thought L-S might be a bit tempting :p

#1160 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

Mehar xull.? Has 3 cruisers 1 fighter and 4 infantry on it. If you are looking at Zohbat then dont. I've been holding trade just in case someone wants to be naughty. Dont be naughty.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

43 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users