Malazan Empire: Warrior of the Altaii - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warrior of the Altaii Unreleased Robert Jordan book

#1 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

Jordan's unreleased (pre-WoT) novel is now up for pre-orders on Amazon here in the States.

https://www.amazon.c...ing=UTF8&btkr=1

Tor Books Chairman and Founder Tom Doherty reveals the enduring journey of the manuscript itself:

When I first acquired Warrior of the Altaii, back in early ’79, I was still publisher of Ace. I knew we had a Storyteller. I thought for a first novel this is great, but Harriet had acquired Fallon Blood from him as his publisher. Ace distributed Fallon Blood first in 1980; it was a hit. Fallon Blood was a novel of the American Revolution in the south, and the country was then celebrating its bicentennial. By then I had left Ace; Harriet and Jim Baen came with me as I started Tor. Jim Rigney (Robert Jordan) came with Harriet. The Fallon Trilogy finished in ’81-82, then came the Conan novels, and, of course, the Wheel of Time. Warrior of the Altaii was the first (and now last) book I bought from Jim, and I am so pleased to publish it for his fans.

I'll end up buying this day of release.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 09 September 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Jordan's unreleased (pre-WoT) novel is now up for pre-orders on Amazon here in the States.

https://www.amazon.c...ing=UTF8&btkr=1

Tor Books Chairman and Founder Tom Doherty reveals the enduring journey of the manuscript itself:

When I first acquired Warrior of the Altaii, back in early '79, I was still publisher of Ace. I knew we had a Storyteller. I thought for a first novel this is great, but Harriet had acquired Fallon Blood from him as his publisher. Ace distributed Fallon Blood first in 1980; it was a hit. Fallon Blood was a novel of the American Revolution in the south, and the country was then celebrating its bicentennial. By then I had left Ace; Harriet and Jim Baen came with me as I started Tor. Jim Rigney (Robert Jordan) came with Harriet. The Fallon Trilogy finished in '81-82, then came the Conan novels, and, of course, the Wheel of Time. Warrior of the Altaii was the first (and now last) book I bought from Jim, and I am so pleased to publish it for his fans.

I'll end up buying this day of release.

I admit to a high level of curiosity. Might buy.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:00 PM

Picked up my copy last night. I'll be starting it as soon as I finish my current book.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users