• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 149 Baby Shark do do dodo dodo game thread

#61 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

View PostOkaros, on 23 July 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Some weird vote hopping going on.

That said don't really have a bad feeling about anyone other than my earlier post so that is where my vote will lie for now.

Vote Tennes

Ruse and Thyr need to show up.... Balance is off if not.

Balance would be off eh? One of you shark killers hasn’t shown up yet?

#62 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:25 PM

View PostOsseric, on 23 July 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Harder to muddy waters with people missing off trains?

I don't like these. I'd vote for Hanas if we had more time. I'll lay a vote in 45 minutes before I go back to doing actually important stuff. At the moment it'll be tennes.

You know aswell as I do that you gotta poke people in Mafia to get some results, and it's hard to do when people don't show up. One person's muddy water is another's poke stick. Only scum would try to use simple and well known essential tactics as an excuse to call scum. Veeeeery suspicious, especially since you're not making any decisions yourself. I'll vote of tennes if time runs out, but for now:

remove vote

vote Osseric

#63 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:27 PM

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostHanas, on 23 July 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Can the mods please poke the fishes that haven't checked in yet? It's hard to play the game when not everyone is playing. :)

And how do you know it’s just fish that haven’t checked in hmmmmm?

I obviously didn't say anything about who checked in - that's the problem, that the sharks could be the ones not checked in, while we wave around making aggressive fishie noises at each other.

#64 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:28 PM

I'm around. I see the usual first day goof posts with some ready-to-play attitudes sprinkled in.

#65 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

That said don't really have a bad feeling about anyone other than my earlier post so that is where my vote will lie for now.

Vote Tennes

...really?

#66 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:31 PM

I don't have anything to add substantial however. I'll be around for a vote.

#67 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:41 PM

Vote Tennes

Balance would be off eh? One of you shark killers hasn't shown up yet?

Lol. Game balance gets shot if people don't show. If you've designed some you know that. But whatevs. It was a preliminary vote to lay down my shallow thoughts at that point. Your defensiveness only reinforces it.

#68 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:43 PM

That said, Merrid, I can defend myself from spurious shit.

#69 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

Hanas said:

1563902701[/url]' post='1379114']

Osseric said:

1563901424[/url]' post='1379108']

I don't like these. I'd vote for Hanas if we had more time. I'll lay a vote in 45 minutes before I go back to doing actually important stuff. At the moment it'll be tennes.

You know aswell as I do that you gotta poke people in Mafia to get some results, and it's hard to do when people don't show up. One person's muddy water is another's poke stick. Only scum would try to use simple and well known essential tactics as an excuse to call scum. Veeeeery suspicious, especially since you're not making any decisions yourself. I'll vote of tennes if time runs out, but for now:

remove vote

vote Osseric

Posted Image

Going to start another train with 2 and a quarter hours to go?

#70 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:01 PM

I never got the whole defensiveness argument. Sure, there are times when people explode with posts and do exhibit panic, and that’s worth noting, but there’s a whole world of difference between that and continuing to post and argue.

So your problem now, Okaros, is that I’m not just laying here supine and, essentially, ceasing to post? Why is it a problem if, in the probable last few hours I have, I come out to post, highlight things that strike me as meriting being noted, and at the same time respond to the arguments against me (which, by the way, are what again?)?

#71 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostOsseric, on 23 July 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

Hanas said:

1563902701[/url]' post='1379114']

Osseric said:

1563901424[/url]' post='1379108']

remove vote

vote Osseric

Posted Image

Going to start another train with 2 and a quarter hours to go?

Why not, it's not like people don't have time to change their vote. It literally takes seconds to post.

#72 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:04 PM

Besides, I'm not even sure why we're voting for Tennes - everyone's been poking, some with way more suspicious behavior.

#73 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:07 PM

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

I never got the whole defensiveness argument. Sure, there are times when people explode with posts and do exhibit panic, and that's worth noting, but there's a whole world of difference between that and continuing to post and argue.

So your problem now, Okaros, is that I'm not just laying here supine and, essentially, ceasing to post? Why is it a problem if, in the probable last few hours I have, I come out to post, highlight things that strike me as meriting being noted, and at the same time respond to the arguments against me (which, by the way, are what again?)?

I have zero problems. Other than moving. It sucks.

I do note you "highlight things that strike me as meriting being noted" and get agitated a slight bit when that is all I'm doing.

#74 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:21 PM

View PostOkaros, on 23 July 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

I never got the whole defensiveness argument. Sure, there are times when people explode with posts and do exhibit panic, and that's worth noting, but there's a whole world of difference between that and continuing to post and argue.

So your problem now, Okaros, is that I'm not just laying here supine and, essentially, ceasing to post? Why is it a problem if, in the probable last few hours I have, I come out to post, highlight things that strike me as meriting being noted, and at the same time respond to the arguments against me (which, by the way, are what again?)?

I do note you "highlight things that strike me as meriting being noted" and get agitated a slight bit when that is all I'm doing.

‘Getting agitated a slight bit’ is code for ‘not agitated at all but I have to justify this vote somehow.’ Your vote is weak and you know it. The question is why do you keep trying to make it seem less weak than it really is, when this is day 1 and no one expects anything rock solid?

And rest assured, I’m not agitated. If I’m lynched, I’m lynched, and I think I’ve done as well as anyone on day 1, and pointed out things for others to consider after my demise. The only reason I keep responding to you is because, well, you’re here and talking to me.

#75 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:38 PM

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 23 July 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

'Getting agitated a slight bit' is code for 'not agitated at all but I have to justify this vote somehow.' Your vote is weak and you know it. The question is why do you keep trying to make it seem less weak than it really is, when this is day 1 and no one expects anything rock solid?

And rest assured, I'm not agitated. If I'm lynched, I'm lynched, and I think I've done as well as anyone on day 1, and pointed out things for others to consider after my demise. The only reason I keep responding to you is because, well, you're here and talking to me.

Not code. I don't think you like being voted on and that second paragraph helps. But, tis what it is. Looks like no lynch today which is fine considering we're probably two players short.

#76 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:07 PM

Obviously I don’t like being voted on, I’m not a jester :) Doesn't mean I’m not ultimately okay with it at this early stage in the game.

#77 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

Obviously I don't like being voted on, I'm not a jester :) Doesn't mean I'm not ultimately okay with it at this early stage in the game.

Why? I don't get not being voted on other than "taking an inno out." But still a game, in the end. Helps with train analysis, unless two don't show and one was shark.

No way in hell there is a jester in this game.

#78 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

I don't hold much hope in the Tennes vs opposition thing going on but I'm leaning towards voting Tennes if it comes to that, and it might already have, I agree with Aranatha the vote on Kalse seemed somehow opportunistic, even if I can see Hanas' counterpoint too, and I can see Okaros' point about Tennes' defensiveness

Would prefer to vote Hanas, besides my prevous concern, they also voted Kalse in the similar manner as Tennes, except Kalse voted Hanas first ofcourse, and I think they're playing careful in a way

Well the current leading trains aren't very long either, will switch to Tennes or someone else if needed

vote Hanas

This post caught my attention

View PostOkaros, on 23 July 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

That said, Merrid, I can defend myself from spurious shit.

Especially considering it's a reply merely to this

View PostMerrid, on 23 July 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Vote Tennes

...really?

Which I wouldn't consider much of a defense but I'm not sure how this could be scummy

#79 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:29 PM

40 minutes reamining by my count

#80 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:34 PM

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

Obviously I don’t like being voted on, I’m not a jester :) Doesn't mean I’m not ultimately okay with it at this early stage in the game.

You're striking me as odd, but I don't know if that's good or bad. Your posting style is one of trying to appear to be a thread leader with urgency.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users