#701 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 21 August 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 21 August 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

38.4: If neither player has a ground force remaining, then there is
no winner; the combat ends in a draw.

If it’s a draw then it’s not a victory even if he retains control of the planet, so no Daxcive. That’s how I understand it anyway.

Who’s going to operate the Animator machine if everyone is dead?

Seems pretty conclusive!

Agreed - you must win combat to use Daxcive, and a draw does not count as a win.

#702 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:57 PM

View Posttwelve, on 21 August 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 21 August 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 21 August 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

Hey IH, I would like to buy Quann from you. Do you think that's something we can work out?

Possibly.

Not holding quann makes my position a lot less defensible, but I'm not particularly attached to it, and it does give you an avenue of expansion which is away from me.

It is worth a decent chunk of resources for me though, if the game continues another 3 turns minimum it would be worth 6, so I'm not sure what you could offer me that would be worth that. Plus the cost of evacuating it.

Open to suggestions though!

Ahem, I might have some objections to this Avenue of expansion you are talking about.

Looks innocent.

If morgoth decides to expand elsewhere that's entirely his business.

Where are you heading next twelve? I'll be vacating mellon zohbat next round if you are headed in that direction.

#703 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:26 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 21 August 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 21 August 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 21 August 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

Hey IH, I would like to buy Quann from you. Do you think that's something we can work out?

Possibly.

Not holding quann makes my position a lot less defensible, but I'm not particularly attached to it, and it does give you an avenue of expansion which is away from me.

It is worth a decent chunk of resources for me though, if the game continues another 3 turns minimum it would be worth 6, so I'm not sure what you could offer me that would be worth that. Plus the cost of evacuating it.

Open to suggestions though!

Ahem, I might have some objections to this Avenue of expansion you are talking about.

Looks innocent.

If morgoth decides to expand elsewhere that's entirely his business.

Where are you heading next twelve? I'll be vacating mellon zohbat next round if you are headed in that direction.

Well my 3 tech specialty plans have gone array so I'm not really sure.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#704 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:01 PM

You know it's your go right? Khell's passed.

#705 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

:apt:

#706 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 21 August 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Also I've had a think, and I'd accept 2 tg, gnaws racial and your ceasefire (which I'll agree not to trade) to retreat the dread and infantry when you attack quann next round after i use it's resources (which I'll do first turn) . I'd trade you the sftt you lose back. If you want to do it this round I'd want your trade pn as well.

I'd consider a better deal for your votes depending on what comes up in the agenda phase.

#707 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:05 PM

View PostD, on 21 August 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 21 August 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

Now that we've had our back and forth D'rek, can you consider the option that we're not destined to fight each other? All we hurt are each other and the others reap the benefit of not having to worry about us.

You wish to surrender? What war reparations do you offer?

I'm offering a cessation of hostilities. You forced this conflict but I am as willing now as I was at the beginning of the round to keep peace between us. If we continue to fight we'll fall too far behind twelve, IH and Khell to compete.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#708 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 August 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

Also I've had a think, and I'd accept 2 tg, gnaws racial and your ceasefire (which I'll agree not to trade) to retreat the dread and infantry when you attack quann next round after i use it's resources (which I'll do first turn) . I'd trade you the sftt you lose back. If you want to do it this round I'd want your trade pn as well.

I'd consider a better deal for your votes depending on what comes up in the agenda phase.

I'm positive to this deal. Let me give it some thought before I confirm though.

#709 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 26 August 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

Now that we've had our back and forth D'rek, can you consider the option that we're not destined to fight each other? All we hurt are each other and the others reap the benefit of not having to worry about us.

I'm offering a cessation of hostilities. You forced this conflict but I am as willing now as I was at the beginning of the round to keep peace between us. If we continue to fight we'll fall too far behind twelve, IH and Khell to compete.

Hmm, let's see. First you send in the destroyer. Then you sent an entire fleet to attack Lodor. And yet somehow I "forced this conflict" ? You're delusional. If you can admit you started this and give me a small something to make up for some of the losses I've incurred due to the war you started, I am absolutely willing to end hostilities. But if you can't/won't do that, then no I won't go along with any such thing - how could I ever trust you to actually cease hostilities when you keep Trump-ianly trying to deny the facts of the whole situation in the first place?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#710 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:46 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 26 August 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

Cool thinking about it as well we might need to have some discussion on what you are moving in there. I don't want to lose my dread, and i don't want a large force sitting on my doorstep, but if you only move in a carrier and a fighter or two it shouldn't be a problem.

#711 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

This is a long round Gnaw>D'rek>Twelve, I've put a provisional in!

#712 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

View PostD, on 26 August 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 26 August 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hmm, let's see. First you send in the destroyer. Then you sent an entire fleet to attack Lodor. And yet somehow I "forced this conflict" ? You're delusional. If you can admit you started this and give me a small something to make up for some of the losses I've incurred due to the war you started, I am absolutely willing to end hostilities. But if you can't/won't do that, then no I won't go along with any such thing - how could I ever trust you to actually cease hostilities when you keep Trump-ianly trying to deny the facts of the whole situation in the first place?

I moved a destroyer after you had passed and offered to move it back before your first turn. It damaged you not at all. When I offered you told me moving the destroyer was a shots in Sarajevo situation and that there was nothing I could do to convince you we could have peace. You told me flat out there would be war between us and rebuffed my attempts at a peaceful resolution. So I attacked you, because you made it abundantly clear I had no other option. I was in a weaker position. Should I have waited for you to gather your forces and attack me first do you think? Would that be rational? Would you have acted in that way if I told you there was no way for us to have peace?

I don't understand why you try to play this up as some sort of surprise aggression on my part. You know it's not true. I know it's not true. The entire board knows it's not true. You told me there would be war between us. I acted before you could organize the attack you had planned and here we are.

#713 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 26 August 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Cool thinking about it as well we might need to have some discussion on what you are moving in there. I don't want to lose my dread, and i don't want a large force sitting on my doorstep, but if you only move in a carrier and a fighter or two it shouldn't be a problem.

Hm, we can work out the amount when we know what the board looks like after voting and such. Though if you want me to put limits on my fleet there I think the payment you're asking for is too steep.

#714 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 August 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 26 August 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Hm, we can work out the amount when we know what the board looks like after voting and such. Though if you want me to put limits on my fleet there I think the payment you're asking for is too steep.

If I have your ceasefire and you have my sftt I don't mind what you put there, operating under the I won't attack you unless I have to policy we've both operated on in the past, but I would like to limit what you move in first so the risk of you killing my dread is lower. If you want me to lose my dread the price would be higher.

#715 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

IH the extortionist. just take it and give him fuck all, look at all his area he has, probably the best position on the board at the moment other than D'rek. He's got no fear from his neighbour the other side, Twelve's in bad shape now after losing all those ships. Gnaw needs to build and cannot threaten him in anyway. IH will win this game if you guys keep it up :)
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#716 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 28 August 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

IH the extortionist. just take it and give him fuck all, look at all his area he has, probably the best position on the board at the moment other than D'rek. He's got no fear from his neighbour the other side, Twelve's in bad shape now after losing all those ships. Gnaw needs to build and cannot threaten him in anyway. IH will win this game if you guys keep it up :)

Did you miss the last 3 games? Morgoth has a puppy dog crush on IH and always gives him whatever he wants.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#717 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:47 PM

3 PN's and TG's is way expensive, for someone spread so thin.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#718 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

Morgoth and I have an alliance built on mutual trust and winning games :p

And honestly I think I'm offering Quann at a bargain rate.

#719 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

View PostD, on 28 August 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Did you miss the last 3 games? Morgoth has a puppy dog crush on IH and always gives him whatever he wants.

That's an interesting interpretation of the previous two games. IH and I were neighbours, we worked out a common border, the game ended with me winning and IH coming in second, though he tried to attack me to prevent it. In our last game, IH and I were neighbours and again worked out a common border. I was in the lead for most of the game, overextended and let IH pass me, at which point I attacked him but failed to halt his victory. You guys did your very best to stop me from attacking his homeworld at the end.

Now, here we are. IH and I are neighbours again and worked out a common border. War is costly in both resources and points. Especially when it's close to home and thus hard to control.

#720 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

I can't fight a war with both my neighbours. D'rek has no interest in peace and so I'm focusing on keeping the relationship with my other neighbour friendly while still being able to grasp for points.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users