• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rhythm of War Stormlight book 4

#61 User is offline   Gabriele 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:History, Archaeology, Photogrpahy, Writing, Opera, Traveling, Riding, Languages

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:38 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 27 December 2020 - 04:28 AM, said:

2) The Cosmere hints - oh man. I have nowhere near the time I would need to invest to re-read Mistborn or Warbreaker or the million novellas I need to so I can understand all the references, but this is clearly the lore-heaviest Cosmere book yet? Almost feels like BS is getting ready to launch into the Cosmere core narrative (Dragon something?) pretty soon. Not sure how I feel about it - I would rather not have to spend hours on a wiki before I can read and enjoy that fully. It's the old MCU problem of "you really need to watch 21 movies to enjoy that reference in Endgame", I get that, but I'd rather he put in one or two hints and easter eggs in each book, not like (checks notes)... (realizes there are no notes because he had no time) SO MANY

Sanderson is going to lose me with this Cosmere stuff. I read Elantris ages ago and don't remember it; couldn't get into Warbreaker after three attempts; read the fist Mistborn but haven't tackled the sequels yet since more interesting books keep pushing them down the TBR pile, ditto for Wax and Wayne. Someone said it helps to have read Mistborn - Secret History to understand Rhythm of War, so I did that, but that didn't help me. I may read book 5, but after that I'll be done with Sanderson. Some epic moments in Way of Kings and Words of Radiance don't make up for slogging through books I don't want to read in order to follow all those Cosmere hints. Also, Navani's scenes were boring for that reason.

This post has been edited by Gabriele: 23 January 2021 - 02:41 PM

#62 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 March 2022 - 01:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 July 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 13 July 2020 - 04:49 AM, said:

Ok the word count is in. 459,629 which is even bigger then Slogbringers 454,000. The page count is still sitting on 1088 so maybe that hasn’t been updated yet. Slogbringer hc listed on 1248pgs. I don’t have the will or want to go the 35 ft to the computer room to check if that piece of shit book lines up with that number or not. Gonna be some tiny ass print if it’s longer yet shorter then bk 3...

They are too big, so I've decided that from RoW onwards, I will be kindling Sanderson's bigger works.

2022 says: Lies.

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 August 2020 - 01:07 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 04 August 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 August 2020 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 July 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 13 July 2020 - 04:49 AM, said:

Ok the word count is in. 459,629 which is even bigger then Slogbringers 454,000. The page count is still sitting on 1088 so maybe that hasn’t been updated yet. Slogbringer hc listed on 1248pgs. I don’t have the will or want to go the 35 ft to the computer room to check if that piece of shit book lines up with that number or not. Gonna be some tiny ass print if it’s longer yet shorter then bk 3...

They are too big, so I've decided that from RoW onwards, I will be kindling Sanderson's bigger works.

Gods help me I've changed my order to the hardcover...because I feel like I need to collect these books as I already have 1-3...sigh. I'm such a book whore.

.....theY'Re ChANGing THE COVER Style QT....
...it WON'T MATCH ON youR SHELF.

It’s alright, I changed it back to kindle preorder about an hour ago...so wishy so washy...

2022 says: LIES.

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 November 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

You know what the best thing about this book is? That it's not breaking my fucking arms and fingers to read it...Ebooks FTW! My light ass kindle makes reading Stormlight SO much less of a chore!

2022 says: Fucking LIES!

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 December 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

This seals it that I think my journey with Stormlight Archive is at an end.

2022 says: LIES sir. Lies. You came back, like Brandon knew you would. Bought hardcover days ago, you liar.

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 December 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

Maybe one day when it's all done I'll give it another chance, but as far as Sanderson goes, I'm going to stick to Mistborn stuff and his other standalone work. SLA is just too overstuffed and too often boring.

2022 Says: Nah brah, you just had to be in the proper mood for it, and here you are actually ENJOYING the parts of RoW that bothered you first time out.

Stop lying to yourself, you are a Sanderson fan full stop. Nothing will change that, hummed to acceptance.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 08 March 2022 - 01:29 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#63 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 March 2022 - 05:13 PM

QT is there a support group you can join or something cos I think you have a problem! :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#64 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 March 2022 - 05:36 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 08 March 2022 - 05:13 PM, said:

QT is there a support group you can join or something cos I think you have a problem! :D

Perhaps I ought to run the support group? LOL
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#65 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 March 2022 - 04:32 AM

Bought into the Kickstarter yet QT?
...everyone else has... you wouldn't want to miss out would you....?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#66 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 March 2022 - 01:13 PM

View PostAbyss, on 09 March 2022 - 04:32 AM, said:

Bought into the Kickstarter yet QT?
...everyone else has... you wouldn't want to miss out would you....?

Yep, eBook tier (cause those shipping costs are too steep for me)!

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users