Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How is that guy back ?

#1 User is offline   Demandred 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

Okay, I just finished Memories of Ice and wow..... just wow!! What a great series this is shaping up to be. I have heard people complain that they cant relate with the characters in this series. I completely disagree. It broke my heart when Whiskeyjack died and how Korlat took it, as well as Itkovian's death. Cant wait to dig into House of Chains now.
Anyways, I did have a question about the ending. How in the hell was Baruk able to bring Duiker back? I thought he had died at then end of Coltaine's March and was nailed to a post outside the city with the others?

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:56 PM

In DG, Baruk's servants mistake him for Coltaine (because he was gifted Coltaine's soul-preserving vial) and bring his body to Darujhistan.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:53 AM

MODGOD NOTICE OF TOPIC TITLE CHANGE

TOPIC TITLES APPEAR ON THE HOME PAGE AND FORUM PAGE

CAN SPOIL PEOPLE.

CAUSE RIOTS.

END OF DAYS LEVEL SHIT.

WHOA.

This post has been edited by Abyss: 11 April 2019 - 02:26 PM

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Zetubal 

• Captain
  • Interests:Language

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:38 AM

worry, on 10 April 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

In DG, Baruk's servants mistake him for Coltaine (because he was gifted Coltaine's soul-preserving vial) and bring his body to Darujhistan.

While we're on that note...Given the knowledge that "important" Wickans reincarnate anyways...Do you guys think the vial would've properly worked on Coltaine in the first place if he'd been carrying it? Like maybe the crows wouldn't have been able to pick up his soul at the gates of Aren if he'd been wearing the vial.

#5 User is offline   James Hutton 

• High Scholar of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:30 PM

Zetubal, on 11 April 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

While we're on that note...Given the knowledge that "important" Wickans reincarnate anyways...Do you guys think the vial would've properly worked on Coltaine in the first place if he'd been carrying it? Like maybe the crows wouldn't have been able to pick up his soul at the gates of Aren if he'd been wearing the vial.

I think that's the biggest reason why Coltaine gave the vial away, beside the 'Duiker retelling the story' reason.
Secret message: "Keep up the good work, yours truly"

#6 User is offline   MuskyTusk 

• Recruit

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:00 AM

Damn I've been wondering who those two were. Also been wondering whose body Duiker is in now, I thought it was destroyed by his crucifixion, all rotten and bloated. This series is making my imagination way too vivid.
"We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned, T'lan Imass. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users