• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2019 June 11-13

#21 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:50 AM

Oh shit, Dying Light 2. Would like to know more about it. I rank Dying Light right up there in the top 5 / top 10 titles released this console cycle.

#22 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

View PostMentalist, on 15 May 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Ubi financials report announced that Skull & Bones is delayed... again. Will not be shown @ E3

Ubi is planning to release FOUR AAA games before April 2020. Only confirmed one is Ghost Recon Breakpoint, launching Oct 4th. The other 3 are yet to be revealed.

Hmmm. Loads of speculation on Watch Dogs 3 out there, but ionno. Seems too similar to Breakpoint to release two open-world AAA stealth-shooters in a close succession (even if one is more co-op based).

Skull and Bones not just delayed, but delayed significantly. From the little info given, it seems to be that they're adding new mechanics to do with boarding ships, but which they're having trouble implementing. I remember when the game was first shown, boarding was just a cutscene which played briefly and then the enemy ship was taken/sunk. So this was not in the original concept and is based on feedback they've been given since.

- Khell

#23 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:42 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 17 May 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 15 May 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Ubi financials report announced that Skull & Bones is delayed... again. Will not be shown @ E3

Ubi is planning to release FOUR AAA games before April 2020. Only confirmed one is Ghost Recon Breakpoint, launching Oct 4th. The other 3 are yet to be revealed.

Hmmm. Loads of speculation on Watch Dogs 3 out there, but ionno. Seems too similar to Breakpoint to release two open-world AAA stealth-shooters in a close succession (even if one is more co-op based).

Skull and Bones not just delayed, but delayed significantly. From the little info given, it seems to be that they're adding new mechanics to do with boarding ships, but which they're having trouble implementing. I remember when the game was first shown, boarding was just a cutscene which played briefly and then the enemy ship was taken/sunk. So this was not in the original concept and is based on feedback they've been given since.

- Khell

There's also rumours that they're basically making this another Black flag with on-foot gameplay off the ship and stuff.

And I mean, there's loads of pressure to make a game with decent amount of content at launch- after Sea of Thieves and No Man's Sky launch debacles.

In any case, it's interesting what else Ubi got in store. Watch Dogs or Splinter Cell are the obvious answers (new PoP is a Longshot), but I'd like them to come out of nowhere with a new decently-sized IP.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#24 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

The fact that they weren't intending to just make Skull and Bones a proper Black Flag spin-off franchise with all that entails bathled me when it was revealed.

#25 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

View PostAptorian, on 17 May 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

The fact that they weren't intending to just make Skull and Bones a proper Black Flag spin-off franchise with all that entails bathled me when it was revealed.

I think that's what a lot of people expected because it was by the developers who had done the Black Flag naval combat. But actually S&B - or its original vision anyway - really has more in common with Ubi's For Honor than with AC4. I wasn't much interested in the game when it was first announced, but neither does the addition of further mechanics make me more enthused. I'm worried that it has the feel of feature creep rather than necessary additional content. A game doesn't have to have a million things to do in order to be worth playing, as long as its key feature is compelling.

#26 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:18 PM

I just wanted a pirate adventure with out the poorly written AC garbage.

#27 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:36 AM

View PostAptorian, on 17 May 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

I just wanted a pirate adventure with out the poorly written AC garbage.

you'll prolly still get that... in 2021-22

I'm still waiting for AssCreed to go full RPG and tackle medieval India. There were like 50+ decent-sized states there at the time, and Europeans were establishing first colonies to seize control of the Indian ocean trade routes... if they doubled down on the RPG elements and make a true"ahistoric" RPG where you could pick what states you'd work for, I could see it being a truly epic game. There's all kinds of problems with how they'd have to tiptoe around religious conflicts of the era and so on, but I still want to see it happen.

Ando, let me know if I'm being out of line discussing your country's past

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 18 May 2019 - 06:41 AM

#28 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:47 AM

How do you mean "proper RPG" instead of what we have now? Just curious.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:39 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 18 May 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

How do you mean "proper RPG" instead of what we have now? Just curious.

I thought I responded to this, but must've not hit "post", sorry!

SO, I haven't played Odyssey yet, but my general impression is that the choices you make when it comes to who you support in the Pelopponesian war don't really impact the outcome of the game that much. What i'd like to see is more factions with mutually exclusive goals and a reputation system, like the ones used by a lot of space sims- where doing things for certain groups makes other groups dislike you.
That's why I feel a diverse setting like Middle-ages India would work for that- there were so many conflicting factions and so many ways things could've gone. Give each faction a unique questline and write interesting characters for it, and have other factions react to your actions by forginf alliances, or seeking your favour (and then maybe betraying you)

I mean, I realize that sounds like a tall order, but Ubi's got like 20 studios around the world stamping out content for its open world games like an assembly line. If any one publisher could pull something like this off (though I'll admit this would be almost like tossing in elements from a Total War, or a grand strategy game into it), it'd be them.

In other news, EA will be streaming gameplay from Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (I still have no clue what punctuation marks are supposed to be in that title) On June 9th, 12:30 EST. That's Sunday, a few hours before Microsoft gets rolling.

Also, Psychonauts 2 will be at E3 despite having to pull out of the publishing deal with the ailing Starbreeze who are spiraling into bankruptcy. Maybe they'll announce a new sponsor, or maybe even a release date?

#30 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

That makes sense, thanks. I'd like more of a choices/multiple endings type system in AC too, now that they're heading that way. Kind of like Mass Effect but with better variety of endings.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#31 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

I want to see an india total war, based on the Rome engine obviously, not rome 2 which sucks balls

#32 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

Saw headline that GRRM is working with the Dark and demony, bloody, shadowy borne souls maker (titled 'Great Rune' ?). Didn't read it. Might they have an announcement/tease @ E3?

Wait, is FromSoftware one of 'them' who don't do E3? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

FromSoft do E3. Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro were both revealed at the Microsoft stage. With Bandai Namco reportedly in charge of publishing FromSoft's next title, it's entirely likely we will see it on the Xbox stage.

That being said, rumours about GRRM working with From have been around for over a month. A few days ago GRRM blogged about "consulting on a video game in Japan" , which is what re-fuelled speculation. Whether it was actually FromSoft, and whether it may have anything to do with ASoIaF remains to be seen. Insiders seem to indicate that there's a lot of misinformation floating around with these "leaks" , and while a new FromSoft game IS likely, and it's multi-plat (so no Bloodbourne 2 this time), anything other than that is pure speculation at this point.

#34 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

Sony will not be at E3 (is that right?). So, I guess they will try to interject their presence by leaking these teases as E3 approaches and kicks off? dunno really. But I do want to see this reveal they have announced for tomorrow.

New 'Death Stranding' Trailer Coming Tomorrow, With Possible Release Date And Online Reveal

Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:24 PM

Apparently FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is going to get a big presentation, and a likely release date for Part I (almost certainly early 2020). CYBERPUNK 2077 is also going to get both a huge splashy reveal and a behind-the-scenes walkthrough for the press, and a likely mid-to-late 2020 release date announcement.

Bethesda are going all-in on DOOM ETERNAL, but they will apparently also reveal what Arkane are doing next (DISHONORED appears to be done and dusted). No ELDER SCROLLS VI, at all, apparently. There may be a brief tech demo of the engine powering both STARFIELD and ES6, but that'll be about it. That leads to the conclusion that we won't see STARFIELD before late 2020 at the earliest, with Bethesda more likely to drop a big reveal at E3 next year.

THE OUTER WORLDS sounds like it will have a big presence, and there'll likely be a release date announcement.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#36 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:47 AM

All I want from tomorrow is confirmation that Malkavians are the last of the starter clans in Bloodlines 2 (it'll probably be Nosferatu, but hope dies last)

That being said, yeah, pre-E3 we're supposedly still getting something from death Stranding, a reveal for the new COD, and possibly some TLoU2 news. There might be a State of Play stream in the works. or maybe not.

Ubi apparently had a leak about a sports title, RollerBall

THQ Nordic might be publishing a "Red Faction: Evolution", according to some Nvidia database screw-up. Then again, the Saints Row twitter account has apparently been active recently, promising big news, so can't be sure what volition is working on.

Also, Dead Island 2 is apparently, not dead, and might surface during E3 as well. Sumo Digital wrapped up work on Crackdown 3 and Sonic team Racing, so maybe they'll have more hands to devote to this almost-vapourware now.

#37 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:08 AM

TES6 Is at least 5'ish years away. Don't hold your breath.

#38 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:18 AM

View PostLackluster Bachelorette, on 29 May 2019 - 03:24 AM, said:

Good god I hope not. 11/11/11 was already soooooo long ago. I need my fix

Starfield will be a 2021 game at the earliest. TES 6 will be released after that.

#39 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

Though considering the PS5 is assumed to be released some time before christmas 2020, several of those titles could be aimed towards that.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#40 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

Squeeenix is going all-in this year- they WILL, in fact be doing a worldwide reveal of the Avenger game during their "conference".

So, with that and the FF7R news (presumably, unless they troll everyone and give a new trailer at the symphony concert) and Platinum's Babylon's Fall and that shooter by People Can Fly (anyone else still remembers those projects? Lol), Squeeenix looks to have a pretty killer line-up.

Good thing their briefing is at 9 PM, so I'll be home from work to watch it.

EDIT: Here's Ubi:

Not a whole lot, tbh, but they usually have at least one new IP per E3, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of a doubt.

otoh, EA gave a schedule for their Saturday EA Play streams

Here’s the schedule for the live streams (all times PDT):

9:15 am: Countdown to EA PLAY
9:30am: Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order™
Hosted by online personalities Greg Miller and Andrea Rene
10:00am: Apex Legends
Hosted by commentator Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez
10:30am: Battlefield V
Hosted by online personality Julia Hardy and EA’s Adam Freeman
11:00am: EA SPORTS FIFA
Hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez
11:30am: EA SPORTS Madden NFL
Hosted by NFL Network’s Adam Rank
12:00pm: The Sims 4
Hosted by Andrea Rene

12:30 EST - half an hour on Jedi Fallen Order. That's literally the only interesting thing there for me.
Their EA Original for the year, Sea of Solitude got a July release date this week, but they aren't showing it at EA Play. There's a new NFS game coming this year, but THAT'S not @ E3 either. No word on Command & Conquer Remaster, and not a whiff of Anthem.
Overall, pretty un-inspiring so far.

Microsoft is the show to watch, obv- primarily for 3rd party stuff, but there might be some 1st party surprises, too. Squeeenix has a huge potential line-up, they just have to not screw it up the way they tend to; Bethesda might show some surprises from either Tango or Arkane-otherwise it's all Doom + Wolf, and whatever spinoffs they wanna talk about. Ubi's keeping expectations low; Devolver'd damn well better show Serious Sam 4 this time (release date for Metal Wolf Chaos would be nice, too!); and the PC Gaming Show is a mystery with an undercurrent of dread because EGS.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 30 May 2019 - 04:43 AM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users