• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice

#281 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:49 AM

He's through Ashina outskirts, back past where the first chained Ogre was.

It might still be accessible after final fight, there's usually a choice to go to NG or stay and clear up. I don't know if that will include the sculptor demon though. I got him first to get another memory before Isshin.

I found another prayer bead back in the box where Hanbei was - which annoyingly leaves me with 2. I'm not sure with this ending that you can get the other 2 - it looks like you need a couple of playthroughs to get everything.

At this stage it doesn't really matter, if I've got this far I should be able to take Isshin out with what I have.

Haha.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 May 2019 - 11:51 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#282 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

View PostTraveller, on 15 May 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

He's through Ashina outskirts, back past where the first chained Ogre was.

It might still be accessible after final fight, there's usually a choice to go to NG or stay and clear up. I don't know if that will include the sculptor demon though. I got him first to get another memory before Isshin.

I found another prayer bead back in the box where Hanbei was - which annoyingly leaves me with 2. I'm not sure with this ending that you can get the other 2 - it looks like you need a couple of playthroughs to get everything.

At this stage it doesn't really matter, if I've got this far I should be able to take Isshin out with what I have.

Haha.

I looked it up. The way to get the other 2 beads involves

Spoiler
so it looks like we're both SOL on that.

The bead you got was probably from the purple ninja in the Serpent Shrine. That mini-boss is only available until the castle is set on fire (cuz after that the shrine is taken over by monkeys)
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#283 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

Ohhh. I assumed that memory was part of one of the alternate endings, whoops.

It won't make a vast difference.

I just need some time when I'm not exhausted to finish it. I bet I still end up putting it on this evening after work though. If his final 2 phases are like the 1st I might be able to manage it..

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#284 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

I need to be properly awake to do that fight. My Mikiri timing was off a lot and I ended up taking a lot of unnecessary hits.

Given I'm going up to a cottage this weekend, and next weekend I've got a wedding to go to and then a concert, I don't know when I'll have the time to focus on this properly, :p
Still, gives me loads of time to relax and farm.

The second memory IS part of a more complicated ending, but you can do most of it without committing to it.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 15 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

#285 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:06 PM

I'm aiming for the Return ending - have you got the Frozen Tears as well as the Dragon Tears?

I was up late last night after a long day, and it definitely affects concentration. Tonight will probably end up the same so maybe a bit of farming and wait until the right moment.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

#286 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

View PostTraveller, on 15 May 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

I'm aiming for the Return ending - have you got the Frozen Tears as well as the Dragon Tears?

I was up late last night after a long day, and it definitely affects concentration. Tonight will probably end up the same so maybe a bit of farming and wait until the right moment.

No, I didn't come back to Kuro for the cooked rice, :p

So my first ending will probably be a very generic one.

#287 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

Got phase 1 and 2 solid.

Now need to work on phase 3. Run out of emblems again so working without. Mortal draw is good, Floating Passage is working too. Need something else for phase 3.

Edit.. Goddamn it that bow.. drives me mad when I forgot to block and get taken out by that hail of arrows. Deathblow is too good for him, I want to snap that bow and jam it into him.

At least I get to keep killing him over and over to get to Isshin.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 May 2019 - 11:21 PM

#288 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:19 PM

Got phase 3 down to about 3/4.

Once.

#289 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

No Sekiro for me. Packing/prepping a new Playlist for cottage let night, out to a birthday tonight, then out of town for long weekend.

Earliest I might get to it is... Tuesday? And then next weekend there's a wedding..

Summer's starting and getting busy quick.

#290 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

Yes, feel like I'm running out of time as I've got other stuff to do, but I don't want to leave it until it's done!

Also I need sleep.

#291 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

Got to within one hit of reaching phase 4.

I suppose it's fitting for the final boss.
So far, by trying out different methods I'm actually inadvertently learning his moves to the extent that actually getting in close and deflecting might be a viable option.

I've managed to bounce on his head, and even mikiri him a couple of times. One pause or miss and and that's it though.

This is nuts.

#292 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:48 AM

Spotted the Demon. Activated the idol, but did not engage.

started farming Mercury in the Ashina outskirts. Thinking I'm prolly gonna go ring the demon bell and then try to collect enough Mercury to max out my proshtetic upgrades before resuming my boss hunts.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 21 May 2019 - 03:55 AM

#293 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

I tried again last night.

My problem at the moment is, I can kill Genichiro phase in literally 30 seconds, IF I use emblems. First phase Isshin I can manage no problem.

2nd phase Isshin - I've found a way to progress, but it requires emblems. Which I don't have if I use them for Genichiro.

When I try Genichiro without emblems he spams arrows like goddamn homing missiles - they always seem to get me, dodging or not.

I stayed up too late again. I really want to finish this but the need for emblems to make use of skills is making this a trial.

#294 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:53 PM

View PostTraveller, on 21 May 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

I tried again last night.

My problem at the moment is, I can kill Genichiro phase in literally 30 seconds, IF I use emblems. First phase Isshin I can manage no problem.

2nd phase Isshin - I've found a way to progress, but it requires emblems. Which I don't have if I use them for Genichiro.

When I try Genichiro without emblems he spams arrows like goddamn homing missiles - they always seem to get me, dodging or not.

I stayed up too late again. I really want to finish this but the need for emblems to make use of skills is making this a trial.

Don't you have the sacrificial knife to make more emblems?

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 21 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

#295 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:09 PM

I do, but it only gives 5. I used up some skill points to get extra emblems, but really I just need to beat Genichiro the longer way, and save everything for those last phases.

#296 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:22 PM

I just beat him!

That was... epic. Watching the credits roll, can't quite believe I finally got him. It's taken over a week dammit!

I put it on tonight, farmed some confetti, and went at it. Got him to final phase for the first time - and promptly went over the cliff edge. Jeezus.

Ran out of emblems, ran out of confetti, went at it the old fashioned way - chipping away, healing where I could, and learning which moves to keep away from and which ones to punish.

Didn't get greedy at the end either, even when he had a sliver left - stood back and waited for best moment.

I might just have taken a stupid route to do this and made it even harder than it had to be, but got it in the end, without using my 13 skill points.

Urg I can sleep now.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 May 2019 - 11:22 PM

#297 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:54 PM

View PostTraveller, on 22 May 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

I just beat him!

That was... epic. Watching the credits roll, can't quite believe I finally got him. It's taken over a week dammit!

I put it on tonight, farmed some confetti, and went at it. Got him to final phase for the first time - and promptly went over the cliff edge. Jeezus.

Ran out of emblems, ran out of confetti, went at it the old fashioned way - chipping away, healing where I could, and learning which moves to keep away from and which ones to punish.

Didn't get greedy at the end either, even when he had a sliver left - stood back and waited for best moment.

I might just have taken a stupid route to do this and made it even harder than it had to be, but got it in the end, without using my 13 skill points.

Urg I can sleep now.

Congrats!

When you wake up, you can load up NG+ and start doing it all over again for the other 3 endings!

I did nothing yesterday cuz I came home from practice late. The whole week looks to be pretty busy, don't expect I'll get to do more than grind for some Mercury.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 22 May 2019 - 11:55 PM

#298 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

View PostMentalist, on 22 May 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 22 May 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

I just beat him!

Urg I can sleep now.

Congrats!

When you wake up, you can load up NG+ and start doing it all over again for the other 3 endings!

I did nothing yesterday cuz I came home from practice late. The whole week looks to be pretty busy, don't expect I'll get to do more than grind for some Mercury.

Thanks, maybe just mop up first game area and farm a little before hitting ng!

Thinking about it this morning, it's a bit of a flaw the way the emblems work, as although they're not too hard to get hold of, after several attempts at a boss, you're definitely going to need more. Which means leaving the boss, just as you're getting into it.

Which ultimately lead to me having to leave all my cool prosthetic items that probably would have been great to use at the end, as I had nothing to power them.

What would have been really useful is an item that let's you use skills like mortal draw in the non-emblem powered form. MD still works without emblems; it just lacks the range and power of the powered version but it still destroys Genichiro faster than anything else. But if you're carrying emblems for the Isshin fight, MD chews through them before you get there.

Ceremonial Tanto is good, but only for a few uses, and you really need all the health you can get at the end.

Be interesting to see how NG goes now I know how to kill everything; also I might just work through using all the different prosthetics I've got now.

Awesome game, glad I hit the ending though, it really bugs me when I hit a wall like that!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 23 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

#299 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

Finished up first playthrough. Got all the Headless (I'd missed a couple) and got all the dragon mask fragments, plus went back through some areas I'd previously done to pick up items I'd missed.

Great fun running through the game and knowing how to deal with everything, switching tools, taking them all down without taking damage.

FromSoft tends to stick dlc somewhere halfway through the game, so I'm not going to hit the NG button just yet. Unless I have withdrawal symptoms after a few days, which is entirely possible.

#300 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:21 AM

Oookay, did a bit more grinding with the bell on. Got myself 2 pieces of Mercury, so i was finally able to max out my Sabimaru. Should now do an AOE poison effect as well.

2 more mercury bits and I i'll be able to upgrade the Shuriken to Lazulite as well.

Banked 4 skills. Considering investing in the Leaping kick.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users