Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

31% in, according to Kindle

#1 User is offline   Sky Sermon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

31% in Memories of Ice and I can only say..."JESUS CHRIST." I don't think I've ever read anything like the Pannion Domin. I don't count something like Warhammer 40k. I haven't even read them in action yet and they still sound horrifying. The criminal rulers in Saltoan aren't really looking into WHY their people would turn to the Domin. I don't think the info war will help if people are desperate for an escape and they seen an opportunity. The Domin clearly preys on the vulnerable and cities like Saltoan will have plenty such people. The Crippled God does the same.

Speaking of which, I actually adore the Crippled God. So unabashedly wicked and given what happened to him, I can't say I blame him.

Quick Ben had an interesting question about survival. Personally, I think it's both a right and privileged. The former has to be enforced, the latter is either earned or given.

ADORE the Grey Swords. The leaders seem like wonderful leaders, especially the Mortal Sword. He actually reminds me of the Kurgan. That is, if the Kurgan wasn't a violent sociopath.

Kruppe <3
Beyond that, MOI has a strong start, for sure. Kallor kind of reminded me of a three year old throwing a tantrum. Looks like the curse against him was way more effective than the one he threw at the Gods. Don't care about Lady Envy or the necromancers either way. The latter two bug me, but Lady Envy is at least entertaining.

Right now, this one is my favorite of the series so far.

#2 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

Hoo boy, just you wait. On all of the above points...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:29 AM

I envy you the sheer awesomeness you have ahead of you for the first time.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Zetubal 

• Captain
  • Interests:Language

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

If you found the novel enjoyable thus far, I can promise you will love what's ahead of you. MoI is awesome from start to finish. Chuck Norris wishes he was as awesome as MoI.

This post has been edited by Zetubal: 29 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

#5 User is offline   Not Noto 

• Corporal

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

View PostSky Sermon, on 28 July 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

Kallor kind of reminded me of a three year old throwing a tantrum. Looks like the curse against him was way more effective than the one he threw at the Gods.

Really? I disagree. I think Kallor came out as the winner in the great curse battle long ago.

K'rul is pretty much forgotten and he/she is extremely weak compared to other gods.

Nighchill. Ripped in pieces by demons in GotM. RIP :crybaby: or not..

And Draconus. Spoiler.

#6 User is offline   Sky Sermon 

• Recruit

Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

The difference is that Gods didn't seem affected by it emotionally. They prepared and that was it. K'rul was still very active and (I think) took advantage of being forgotten, Nightchill became Silver Fox and Draconus made Draginpur for Rake.

Kallor, otoh, was furious and well, he's with Caladan Brood and Whiskeyjack took a swing at him. :crybaby: He's also a bit nervous around Silverfox.

37% and going strong. Will give more details a little later.

This post has been edited by Sky Sermon: 31 July 2018 - 05:33 PM

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

Keep reading re the curse and three Elder Gods. :crybaby:

#8 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

Draconus made Dragnipur for Rake? Ho hum.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#9 User is offline   Sky Sermon 

• Recruit

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

Well, I know Rake uses it, but that's all I know. I'm almost halfway through now(49%), so I did see the Kallor POV. For some reason, he stands out a great deal despite being generally awful. The poor people trapped In that Empire...:p If Kallor was anything like the Pannion Seer, then he did his chattel a favor. Being trapped with someone like him having power over you is a fate worse than death.

At least he's dispensing some knowledge about the K'Chain Che'Malle.

The Capustan Siege,,,eeesh,,.. Frankly, the Tenescowri scare me more than any of them. I guess it's because they are savage and unpredictable. You can take a few guesses about the trained military, but these guys? Not so much, except for finding some munchies. Anastor is pretty damned impressive. I'm not fond of the Necromancers, so it's nice to see someone give them a run for their money.

I adore Itkovian. <3

#10 User is offline   Sky Sermon 

• Recruit

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:30 PM

54% in and all I can say is "Jesus Christ" and The Mortal Sword did this: "It's better to burn out than to fade away!"

#11 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:11 PM

And unbelievably enough it only gets better.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 04 August 2018 - 11:11 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#12 User is offline   Starrakatt 

• Recruit

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostGorefest, on 04 August 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

And unbelievably enough it only gets better.

I would have wept at the reading of MoI (I did at home reading DG) but had to restrain myself as I was at work and I think I would still hear about it today if I had...

#13 User is offline   Sky Sermon 

• Recruit

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:52 PM

87% Complete. TBH, it did feel slow at times after Capustan, but it's all roller coaster like. I remember being told that about ALL of Malazan, but it's certainly true here. Only this time, there are multiple highs. Loved what happened to those necromancers. BAAAAHA! "More wine?"

Itkovian is letting down his hair a bit with Stonny and Gruntle. So precious. <3 I wish someone would succeed in talking sense to him, but he's STUBBORN. Caladan Brood couldn't even get to him. Well, he wasn't Shield Anvil for nothing.

Ganeos needs to be told that he is in a WAR. I don't know what the hell he's expecting. Does he think the Pannion Domin feel bad about their actions? There's no Geneva Convention on the Malazan War. I don't think there are rules of engagement on that world.

Kaller, can you be any more obvious? Please? And quite frankly, now that I know about the three Elder Gods, Draconis and Nightchill didn't sound much better than him anyway. Some "liberation". K'rul is the only one who sounded decent.

Despite being so close, I suspect that there are like 200 pages left. Things are picking up for sure.

#14 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:11 AM

Heh.
Go read.

#15 User is offline   Sky Sermon 

• Recruit

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:04 AM

I am done. I'll just link my reactions here: https://divinesong.t...the-fallen-book

#16 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:04 AM

Yah, sorry, but you're not gonna fool me into reading blatant cinnamon roll propaganda in the guise of a book review.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#17 User is offline   Sky Sermon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

;)
Yea, my reaction post was basically the Itkovian show. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users