• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (II) - Chatty Thread

#4741 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

Depending on how many infantry are left I could make a play for Rex this round. That is if Gnaw doesn't Pds me if I move to Meer. Though as I don't care about points anymore I could just punish Gnaw for being a bad neighbor. That might be the more fun option.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4742 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

Ya, nevermind. 9 spec ops II versus what I can bring to bear will be a slaughter. Tapper can have Rex.

#4743 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 November 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

IH you cannot give Morgoth your wormhole, if you do then he has a chance at a homeworld. Currently I need to steady routes into mine. Moving ships around a little.

He'll probably want to use it himself anyway, given how he repositioned the beta to his fleet last status phase.

Come to think of it, most of Tapper's ships are now locked into the activation of MR, Vefut II has no ships, and there's no planetary shield around Jord... that'd be one way to prevent Tapper from scoring enough POs to win quickly (and get 2 for yourself). If IH doesn't want to do it, I'd be willing to do it (moving the beta there instead of the alpha). Or, Tatts you'd be in a great position to do it now that you don't need to reclaim your homeworld (and I could clear the beta WH sector, of course).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4744 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:00 PM

View PostD, on 02 November 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 November 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

We are playing to 13 points right? Or 15? Either way if Tapper takes rex, I'd say that puts him in prime position with two 2 VP objectives he can score relatively easily, first pick next round for imperial leaves him sitting pretty.

Yes. If he scores 2 VP with a public objective this coming status phase, takes IMPERIAL next round and scores two more POs (at least one being a 2VP objective) then he'll be at 12 or 13 VP during next round's action phase and hit 14 in the status phase. If anyone were silly enough to give him a SFTT or he were to gain another VP some other way (e.g. from an agenda) he could win during the next action phase when he plays IMPERIAL.

Thankfully, he already has all 3 SOs fulfilled so he can't gain any more that way.

Morgoth also has the potential to win in next round's action phase - with 10 VP already and 2 SOs still to go he could potentially get 3 VP in this coming status phase and then fulfill an action phase SO next round. Though with the current slate of objectives, his only real hope for doing that is to either take a homeworld planet. Still, even if he waits for next round's status phase he's going to have a lower initiative order than Tapper's Imperial 9, so he would win that race.

If I can manage to score a 2VP PO and fulfill a SO in both this round and next, I can also hit 14 in the next status phase, so I've technically still got a shot.

You and Nom both also have a shot from doing the same, and also grabbing MR+Imperial. Given you are the two strategy choices right after Tapper, I could definitely see Tapper (if he doesn't hold MR) picking LEADERSHIP instead of IMPERIAL to ensure he gets the initiative lead on Morgoth, and hoping you won't be able to reach 14 in the action phase even with IMPERIAL, which would admittedly be very hard.

Technically, Tatts and Khell could both reach 14 VP in next round's status phase, too, if they combine PO+SO+MR+Imperial

VERY technically :(
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4745 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

Also, fuck those dice rolls.

#4746 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:06 PM

D'rek, if you move against Tapper next round, I will not attack you (obviously you can move against him this round without me being able to take advantage, but just saying that'd be the case next round too).

#4747 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

View Posttwelve, on 02 November 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Ya, nevermind. 9 spec ops II versus what I can bring to bear will be a slaughter. Tapper can have Rex.

Yeah, sheesh, that's a lot of surviving infantry. If you can only bring 4 yourself, that's gonna be rough.

Nom could probably take it down, either using Transit Diodes to send in a lot of infantry or using X-89 Bacterial Weapon. Plus he's got Experimental Battlestation for the fleet so doesn't need to bother bringing fighters.

Or me, with my repeated bombardment, though I'd lose a VP just for trying so that's not likely to happen.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4748 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:09 PM

Ah, I forgot you had his SftT

#4749 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 November 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

D'rek, if you move against Tapper next round, I will not attack you (obviously you can move against him this round without me being able to take advantage, but just saying that'd be the case next round too).

I'll lose a VP if I do it so I'm reluctant to shoot myself in the foot just to hand it to Morgoth instead of Tapper. But if we're ever at the point where Tapper looks sure to hit 14, and I have a plausible (even if unlikely) way to lose the VP but still stay in the running, yes I will do it.

#4750 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

View PostD, on 02 November 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 November 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Yeah, sheesh, that's a lot of surviving infantry. If you can only bring 4 yourself, that's gonna be rough.

Nom could probably take it down, either using Transit Diodes to send in a lot of infantry or using X-89 Bacterial Weapon. Plus he's got Experimental Battlestation for the fleet so doesn't need to bother bringing fighters.

Or me, with my repeated bombardment, though I'd lose a VP just for trying so that's not likely to happen.

I can handle the ships but I'd need multiple rounds of bombardment before attempting the invasion.

#4751 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

I'm half tempted to try though. Would feel right as the Winnu to at least activate Rex. Gnaw once again will you pds me if I move to Meer?

#4752 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

View Posttwelve, on 02 November 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

I'm half tempted to try though. Would feel right as the Winnu to at least activate Rex. Gnaw once again will you pds me if I move to Meer?

Um, hello? Am I just the invisible man here?

I will move out of Meer on my next turn, if you (or Gnaw) agree not to take it on yours (because I want to use it for Leadership). On the other hand, I will use Leadership on my next turn and you can fight me in Meer, and I can guarantee you that you will not have much of a fleet left to take Tapper on with.

#4753 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 November 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 November 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Um, hello? Am I just the invisible man here?

I will move out of Meer on my next turn, if you (or Gnaw) agree not to take it on yours (because I want to use it for Leadership). On the other hand, I will use Leadership on my next turn and you can fight me in Meer, and I can guarantee you that you will not have much of a fleet left to take Tapper on with.

I won't activate it until after you leave and I doubt Gnaw will play ball anyway so most likely I won't even activate Meer at all this rounder and you can keep it.

#4754 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:10 PM

I don't get why Nom didn't shoot PDS at Tapper, though.

#4755 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:27 PM

View PostD, on 02 November 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

Well, for one, I missed that there was a PDS in range. Gimme a sec, I'll confirm his PDS provisionals and add the PDS fire if it needs to be added.

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 02 November 2018 - 06:27 PM

#4756 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:32 PM

There, fixed! :(

#4757 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:33 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 02 November 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostD, on 02 November 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

Well, for one, I missed that there was a PDS in range. Gimme a sec, I'll confirm his PDS provisionals and add the PDS fire if it needs to be added.

Lol, or that! :(

#4758 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

I know it's me, contemplating my moves, d'reks homeworld seems to be my best chance of getting anywhere near the necessary number of points, but is at best a 50:50 shot and has all sorts of potential downsides. Reassessing possible options after Tapper's play.

I'm open to giving someone the ability to move a wormhole and make a play at Jord, but realistically that needs to be done before Tapper's next turn whem he can reinforce so can't be me. Morgoth has my ceasefire so I can't move against him.

Anyone have any suggestions/offers?

#4759 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:43 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 November 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

I know it's me, contemplating my moves, d'reks homeworld seems to be my best chance of getting anywhere near the necessary number of points, but is at best a 50:50 shot and has all sorts of potential downsides. Reassessing possible options after Tapper's play.

I figured as much, hence my pseudo-wasting a Skilled Retreat on plugging the alpha-wormhole with a destroyer.

#4760 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 November 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

I'm open to giving someone the ability to move a wormhole and make a play at Jord, but realistically that needs to be done before Tapper's next turn whem he can reinforce so can't be me. Morgoth has my ceasefire so I can't move against him.

Anyone have any suggestions/offers?

Gnaw for the upteenth time. Remove the ship from the alpha this go and I'll move on Daemon. He has to choose where to play Diplomacy. It's the part of the game where being friends won't get you the win.

Share this topic:

• 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

43 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users