• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (II) - Chatty Thread

#4641 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

Gnaw, I have need to place ships on the alpha wormhole. Let's work something out.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4642 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

I have also noticed that IH should be at 7VP rather than 8, having lost the L1Z1X Support for the Throne when he attacked Drek in Mallice during the previous round.

#4643 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:23 PM

Well, Morgoth still has the undisputed lead. The new PO is probably only possible for him if he takes TRADE, so someone should counter-pick that. That'll leave him with only the option to go for a homewworld (who's got his Ceasefire again?) or for Rex. Probably a good idea to counter-pick Warfare, as well.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4644 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:21 PM

Looks like Tapper thinks he can pull out a win next round.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4645 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:23 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 October 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Looks like Tapper thinks he can pull out a win next round.

Nothing so definite, I am afraid. Just don't want to pick (close to) last in the Strategy selection next round.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4646 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:23 PM

My new entirely unreasonable gripe: This game is entirely luck-based. No, I'm not talking about having good action cards - I'm talking about secret objectives. Some people have had like 3 super-easy SOs, and I've had downright impossible ones. This is the only reason why I won't win.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4647 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

...Wow. I can't believe I actually have Leadership to choose. But this was the round I was finally going to pick Imperial, sigh. I'll have to think a little.

#4648 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 October 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

My new entirely unreasonable gripe: This game is entirely luck-based. No, I'm not talking about having good action cards - I'm talking about secret objectives. Some people have had like 3 super-easy SOs, and I've had downright impossible ones. This is the only reason why I won't win.

You don't have to use SOs. It's perfectly reasonable to ignore them and just... Oh I don't know, camp on Mecatol Rex taking IMPERIAL every round for points instead

edit: this is why you're still at 5VP Khell :(

This post has been edited by D'rek: 30 October 2018 - 01:57 AM

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4649 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:25 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 October 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Well, 2 out of 3 secret objectives I've drawn have been absurd. The nice thing is that you can just draw new ones.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4650 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:26 AM

View PostD, on 29 October 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

Well, Morgoth still has the undisputed lead. The new PO is probably only possible for him if he takes TRADE, so someone should counter-pick that. That'll leave him with only the option to go for a homewworld (who's got his Ceasefire again?) or for Rex. Probably a good idea to counter-pick Warfare, as well.

Yeah, I have been angling my position towards being able to complete the highest amount of potential public objective II. Alas, so far I've not been particularly lucky.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4651 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:42 AM

@Khell now you have scored the home planet objective what are your plans regarding my home planet? I left you a path towards the asteroid field. I'd give you my trade pn to move everything out if that sweetens the deal.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4652 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 October 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

@Khell now you have scored the home planet objective what are your plans regarding my home planet? I left you a path towards the asteroid field. I'd give you my trade pn to move everything out if that sweetens the deal.

Yes, I think I can move out. Leadership gives me more options for this round, and your Trade PN would cement that.

#4653 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 October 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 October 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

Yes, I think I can move out. Leadership gives me more options for this round, and your Trade PN would cement that.

Excellent, i'll trade you it on my first turn.

#4654 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

OR, you could open a past westwards, or to the beta wormhole, and Khell could go rejoin/flank near his Arniam/Meer forces, plus he'd actually have a reasonable chance of taking a homeworld over there and actually scoring some points for once. (Oh wait, I forgot, Khell doesnt care about points does he)

#4655 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostD, on 30 October 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

OR, you could open a past westwards, or to the beta wormhole, and Khell could go rejoin/flank near his Arniam/Meer forces, plus he'd actually have a reasonable chance of taking a homeworld over there and actually scoring some points for once. (Oh wait, I forgot, Khell doesnt care about points does he)

He doesn't need to take a homeworld anymore, I'd have thought Imperial would have been the right option for him to score points.

#4656 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 October 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

He doesn't need to take a homeworld anymore, I'd have thought Imperial would have been the right option for him to score points.

He literally does not care about scoring points. He's never taken Imperial and will continue not doing so. He's hardly trying to achieve any objectives and will continue hardly doing so.

#4657 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostD, on 30 October 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

He literally does not care about scoring points. He's never taken Imperial and will continue not doing so. He's hardly trying to achieve any objectives and will continue hardly doing so.

What is your problem? Why would I have taken Tatts' homeworld if I didn't care about scoring points? Why would I take Leadership over Imperial if I didn't think it could get me MORE points this round? Just because I played my actions badly in the first rounds doesn't mean I'm not trying to score points.

Oh wait, I see. You're doing that thing again where you get mad because you think someone is going to start looking in your direction. Quite honestly, you haven't once got right what I plan to do in any round, so it might be time you stop trying to guess.

#4658 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 October 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostD, on 30 October 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

What is your problem? Why would I have taken Tatts' homeworld if I didn't care about scoring points? Why would I take Leadership over Imperial if I didn't think it could get me MORE points this round? Just because I played my actions badly in the first rounds doesn't mean I'm not trying to score points.

Oh wait, I see. You're doing that thing again where you get mad because you think someone is going to start looking in your direction. Quite honestly, you haven't once got right what I plan to do in any round, so it might be time you stop trying to guess.

Oh no, by all means, come this way. I've got plenty of lasers for you. Hmmm, though it'd be fun (if inefficient) to block you in, too...

#4659 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:06 PM

Actually, looking back on it, I played the first couple of rounds quite well, then had a bad middle section. But just goes to show, I was trying to gain points from the start. I didn't think I would win, but that's not the same as not trying to play the objectives, which I certainly have been attempting every round.

#4660 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 October 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Actually, looking back on it, I played the first couple of rounds quite well, then had a bad middle section. But just goes to show, I was trying to gain points from the start. I didn't think I would win, but that's not the same as not trying to play the objectives, which I certainly have been attempting every round.

But it's boring. Can't you see I have needs to?! Entertain me!!!

Share this topic:

• 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users