View Posttwelve, on 03 November 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 02 November 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

@Khell: im willing to pass on the battleststation but not sure about the price

I'm also willing to give you a free refresh so you can pay for it:D

Probably not to IH though

@D'rek: I'll keep that in mind

@twelve: I'll give you a free refresh but I'm not giving one to Morghy

Yes I'm aware youv'e got their trade pns

So you give me a free refresh so Mogoth gets 3 trade goods as the point leader because he holds my trade agreement pn, but you won't give Mogoth a free refresh when all he'll get out of it is his trade pn back. I know you can pillage one for when he gains 3 but you are still giving the points leader 2 more trade goods to be used as production. Hell I'll give you one of the trade goods I would get if you refresh his as well when I can.

Well of that I was not aware

No refresh for you either then I guess

You've still got my trade PN too right?

Regarding Gnaw, that single cruiser is guarded by what, 6 space cannon shots? It would require a fleet on it's own and I don't find it worth it atleast atm
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#4782 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 November 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

So khell you want the ability to move one of my wormhole's to near Jord? Can you even get there or are you expecting someone else to go through?

Twelve why should I attack the most annoying faction in the game to attack when Gnaw has been my friend?

Gnaw if you give me a route to winnu I wouldn't even be able to hold it with twelve's ridiculous fleet parked next to it.

Nom at this point in the game you should surely be looking at who has more points than you and not helping them. Anyone doing poorly probably needs a helping hand so they don't get swallowed by one of the point leaders

Morgoth and tapper should clearly not be getting any help.

Can we all agree to a trade embargo against them? Do they hold anyone's trade PNs, can you not give them a refresh also? I'm happy to donate at least 1 commodity to anyone massively hurt by this if I get a refresh.

I could go through a beta wormhole if D'rek moved her dread out of it.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4783 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:31 AM

Anyways, anyone willing to contribute that 5 trade goods? I can give you Tatts' PN which is 6TGs.

#4784 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:53 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 November 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 November 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

So khell you want the ability to move one of my wormhole's to near Jord? Can you even get there or are you expecting someone else to go through?

Twelve why should I attack the most annoying faction in the game to attack when Gnaw has been my friend?

Gnaw if you give me a route to winnu I wouldn't even be able to hold it with twelve's ridiculous fleet parked next to it.

Nom at this point in the game you should surely be looking at who has more points than you and not helping them. Anyone doing poorly probably needs a helping hand so they don't get swallowed by one of the point leaders

Morgoth and tapper should clearly not be getting any help.

Can we all agree to a trade embargo against them? Do they hold anyone's trade PNs, can you not give them a refresh also? I'm happy to donate at least 1 commodity to anyone massively hurt by this if I get a refresh.

I could go through a beta wormhole if D'rek moved her dread out of it.

I can do that.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4785 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 November 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Anyways, anyone willing to contribute that 5 trade goods? I can give you Tatts' PN which is 6TGs.

I don't think anybody has 5 TG to give

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4786 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:15 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 November 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

As Nom did not activate trade, I require someone or someones to lend me 5 trade goods. You will be paid back as soon as the refreshes happen. This will also be to the benefit of all who are not named Tapper.

You sure have a sudden boner for me.

This was the only conceivable play I could make to try and compete with Morgoth. Instead, it seems I have handed him a win since everyone is suddenly focused on me: some because they see me as a frontrunner (spoiler: I am not, but that will probably be only seen when Morgoth moves to 11/12 points when he plays Imperial), but in your case, because I apparently offended your sense of.... something?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4787 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostTapper, on 03 November 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

As Nom did not activate trade, I require someone or someones to lend me 5 trade goods. You will be paid back as soon as the refreshes happen. This will also be to the benefit of all who are not named Tapper.

This was the only conceivable play I could make to try and compete with Morgoth. Instead, it seems I have handed him a win since everyone is suddenly focused on me: some because they see me as a frontrunner (spoiler: I am not, but that will probably be only seen when Morgoth moves to 11/12 points when he plays Imperial), but in your case, because I apparently offended your sense of.... something?

You're arguing that even though you have 8 VP, own MR, and can make yourself Speaker you're not a frontrunner...? Yes, Morgoth is *also* a frontrunner, but don't get silly about obvious things, now.

#4788 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostD, on 03 November 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

You're arguing that even though you have 8 VP, own MR, and can make yourself Speaker you're not a frontrunner...? Yes, Morgoth is *also* a frontrunner, but don't get silly about obvious things, now.

I would put myself at the forefront of the chasing pack, of which anyone with 7 points is also a member :(

I put myself in a good position, but mostly for next turn. I need 6 points.

Looking at the scoring objectives available: the production one is easy to deny me (once I saw Diplo wasn't played yet, I considered attacking a different system to get that, but ultimately, MR is MR and this move had drama, flair and just a little payback to Khell for his blackmail early game sprinkled on top).

The CT one less so, but any action I take works against it and as long as Leadership is played before Diplomacy, Rex is not going to give me CT this turn. Doing just the 1-pt ones is not going to be enough to win.

Morgoth can theoretically gain 4 points this round, either 2+2, or 2+1+secret objective. That puts him in pole position and makes him the immediate threat.

#4789 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 02 November 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

@Khell: im willing to pass on the battleststation but not sure about the price

I'm also willing to give you a free refresh so you can pay for it:D

Probably not to IH though

@D'rek: I'll keep that in mind

@twelve: I'll give you a free refresh but I'm not giving one to Morghy

Yes I'm aware youv'e got their trade pns

I would appreciate a free refresh Sir Nom
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4790 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:16 AM

Excuse me, when did I say you offended my sense of anything. My plan this round has been foiled by the taking of MR, as I needed that influence. So all I can do is try and limit those in the lead. I can't do anything about Morgoth, so...

#4791 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:18 AM

View PostTapper, on 03 November 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

I would put myself at the forefront of the chasing pack, of which anyone with 7 points is also a member :(

Looking at the scoring objectives available: the production one is easy to deny me (once I saw Diplo wasn't played yet, I considered attacking a different system to get that, but ultimately, MR is MR and this move had drama, flair and just a little payback to Khell for his blackmail early game sprinkled on top).

The CT one less so, but any action I take works against it and as long as Leadership is played before Diplomacy, Rex is not going to give me CT this turn. Doing just the 1-pt ones is not going to be enough to win.

Morgoth can theoretically gain 4 points this round, either 2+2, or 2+1+secret objective. That puts him in pole position and makes him the immediate threat.

Payback for the blackmail? Please, this is far worse :evil: Payback would have been you saying, "hey, I'm going to take MR unless you pay me a king's ransom."

#4792 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:19 AM

View PostD, on 03 November 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I will settle for a loan of 1TG. Not for Tatts' PN obviously, but I'll give 2TG back.

#4793 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:46 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 November 2018 - 01:19 AM, said:

View PostD, on 03 November 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I will settle for a loan of 1TG. Not for Tatts' PN obviously, but I'll give 2TG back.

If I were not currently at 0, I'd take you up on that.

#4794 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:51 AM

Same
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4795 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 November 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 03 November 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Payback for the blackmail? Please, this is far worse :evil: Payback would have been you saying, "hey, I'm going to take MR unless you pay me a king's ransom."

The payback was never my main motivation.
And we can both argue whether it is worse to lose MR late game or lose the TG you need for extra transports early game until we're blue in the face.

Anyway, you relied on massed Infantry as a deterrent against people taking MR. Guess what, that doesn't work very well against Sol (as you know from last game). Since you never bothered to reinforce MR with ships or upgrade your Infantry, I'd still be able to take it without Plague, or if Flanking Speed was Sabotaged.

My move further can't have been a total surprise given my promise to IH to evacuate Mallice. Those ships need to go somewhere.

If you mean losing the CT from Mecatol's Influence is terrible: it is not my fault you didn't use Leadership on your first turn, amd you do get the 3 CT from Leadership. either.

And let's be honest, part 1: what ransom could you have paid?

And let's be honest, part 2: how much compassion did you display for, say, Tatts' game plan when you invaded his Home System?

#4796 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

Ah so Mallice was for IH then
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#4797 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:33 AM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 04 November 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

Nom says innocently.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4798 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 04 November 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

Well, I took it from him, so when I say I will leave it next round on my first action, that is mostly for his benefit. If someone else moves faster than he does, I am not going to go back and defend it on his behalf.

#4799 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:40 AM

Leadership first turn would have been best for your strategy Khell, but if I am honest that's what I wanted you to do. I had nefarious plans.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4800 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 November 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Leadership first turn would have been best for your strategy Khell, but if I am honest that's what I wanted you to do. I had nefarious plans.

Yes, you nefariously gave him 6 TG... waiting until capitalism brings his civilization down from within?
:(

Share this topic:

• 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

36 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users