• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

TI4 Game # 2 Signup Thread

#141 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 10 July 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

But, sure why not. Bliss and I can work something out I think.

I am expecting this to be a genuinely very good system, and that you will place it where you promised, and if unable, at an other advantageous position for me.

We can consider this an early, friendly overture, one hivemind to another.

I'm always open to friendliness since I stil don't understand what I'm doing.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#142 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 July 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Ah I have misunderstood this placement rule I don't place the 4th tile I place tile 4. Hmm maybe should have looked at this more. Ah well hope I don't get too screwed

That wasn't' how it worked? So you can essentially place the 4th tile anywhere you want?
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#143 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

No, each of you have received 5 tiles. You will then take turns placing tiles in the numbered order on the current map in the OP.

So Khell will place any one of his 5 tiles on hex # 1, then Bliss will place any of her 5 tiles in hex # 2, and so on and so forth. When it gets to Tapper, he'll place a tile on hex # 9, then he'll place a second tile on hex # 10, and it goes back down to Khell from there.

#144 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:32 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 10 July 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

I am expecting this to be a genuinely very good system, and that you will place it where you promised, and if unable, at an other advantageous position for me.

Well, we'll have a problem as neighbours quite quickly, because one of my traits is gaining trade goods, and one of yours is stealing trade goods. So unless I get your racial promissory note which means you don't pillage me so long as I don't attack you, the only option I will have is to go after you, because I will get nowhere fast if you continually steal my trade good every time I get it.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#145 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 10 July 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

Well, we'll have a problem as neighbours quite quickly, because one of my traits is gaining trade goods, and one of yours is stealing trade goods. So unless I get your racial promissory note which means you don't pillage me so long as I don't attack you, the only option I will have is to go after you, because I will get nowhere fast if you continually steal my trade good every time I get it.

I mean, Bliss can just choose not to pillage you whenever she feels like it/to keep you on your best behaviour. She doesn't *have* to pillage you every time.

@Bliss so if you ever decide to trade Khell your Promise of Protection card make sure to charge him a ton for it :)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#146 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

For those who've already chosen their races and HW locations, I'll be starting to prepare your game PMs when I get home from work tonight! :)

#147 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

View PostD, on 10 July 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

I mean, Bliss can just choose not to pillage you whenever she feels like it/to keep you on your best behaviour. She doesn't *have* to pillage you every time.

@Bliss so if you ever decide to trade Khell your Promise of Protection card make sure to charge him a ton for it :)

Don't fall for D'rek's evilness Bliss. The beauty of Promise of Protection is that you have a permanent peaceful neighbour in me. That's what you get out of it. Because if I do much as activate one of your systems, you can start stealing from me again. Meanwhile, you could still attack me whenever you felt like it.

#148 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 10 July 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

Don't fall for D'rek's evilness Bliss. The beauty of Promise of Protection is that you have a permanent peaceful neighbour in me. That's what you get out of it. Because if I do much as activate one of your systems, you can start stealing from me again. Meanwhile, you could still attack me whenever you felt like it.

I can't tell which one of you that I trust the least.

#149 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

It's not like anything bad happens to you if you do decide to attack her when you have Promise of Protection. It just lets her start pillaging you again. So you could enjoy building up peacefully with Promise of Protection and all the TGs you get uncontested, and then immediately turn around and attack with the ships you bought from them.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#150 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 10 July 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

#151 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

Don't trust anyone, but I'm across the map from you so it's not like I can extort anything out of you even if I wanted to, while Khell is right next door. Have fun with that!

#152 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

You are already a master of this game
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#153 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

View PostD, on 10 July 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

It's not like anything bad happens to you if you do decide to attack her when you have Promise of Protection. It just lets her start pillaging you again. So you could enjoy building up peacefully with Promise of Protection and all the TGs you get uncontested, and then immediately turn around and attack with the ships you bought from them.

I could, but it's not like the Mentak stay static in all that time. Bliss would also have the time and opportunity to build up her strength and make herself an extremely unattractive proposition to attack - unlike the picture you paint of her staying in exactly the same position as at the start of the game :D

#154 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Hmm. Race selection isn’t quite as cookie cutter a thing as it was when now that we have some clarifications.
Give e a few. Thinking Muaat, Xxcha, or Syphilis.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#155 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 10 July 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 July 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

I could, but it's not like the Mentak stay static in all that time. Bliss would also have the time and opportunity to build up her strength and make herself an extremely unattractive proposition to attack - unlike the picture you paint of her staying in exactly the same position as at the start of the game :D

Easier for her to build herself up if she takes some of your plentiful trade goods, though

#156 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

IH, are you around?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#157 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostGnaw, on 10 July 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

IH, are you around?

I wouldn't count on it...

(And if you're going to propose to him to let you have tile 31... I also wouldn't count on it... but then again if you're Muaat you can just park a War Sun there and what's he gonna do about it, I guess)

edit I take it back, he's here!

This post has been edited by D'rek: 10 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

#158 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

View PostGnaw, on 10 July 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Hmm. Race selection isn’t quite as cookie cutter a thing as it was when now that we have some clarifications.
Give e a few. Thinking Muaat, Xxcha, or Syphilis.

Syphilis is the best STD
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#159 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

I am around for a little bit

#160 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Are you going to be as trustworthy a neighbor as I suspect you will? And what race would you suggest at this point? You and Morgoth control my path to Rex.

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users