• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So it begins......again!

#1 User is offline   Steamer 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

Hello fellow Malazaners on the path to ascendancy

I have decided to re-read the whole series.
We technically I "tapped out" last time at Toll the Hounds due to other life commitments including a lengthy romance with an absolutely delicious BBW (Posted Image)and travels through the German countryside for a few years.

Anyway back on point I am delighted to begin Gardens of the Moon again very soon and wander through the Malazan universe

I can remember little bits and pieces but will pay closer attention to many things this time around.

I plan to use these forums alot to ask questions so please bear with me :)

Thank you

SteamerPosted Image

#2 User is offline   koehkont 

• Sergeant

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:39 AM

I am kinda curious what a BBW is? My first guess would be Baby Bruce Willis, in which case I will take my hat off for you.
Enjoy the reread! Probably you'll have lots of moments where all your memory titbits come together and create some "Oh hell yeah that was awesome" moments when remembrance fully crashes into you.
Cheers!

#3 User is offline   Zetubal 

• Captain
  • Interests:Language

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

View Postkoehkont, on 18 June 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

I am kinda curious what a BBW is?

Scillara.

#4 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

Or Tattersail.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#5 User is offline   Mako2401 

• Corporal

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

Enjoy the reread, I still haven't read it once, at Memories of Ice, but I can see this being a fun reread. Kind of reminds me of Dark souls to be honest, the first time you have no idea what you're doing, but then when you play it the second/ third time everything is just right.

#6 User is offline   Not Noto 

• Corporal

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

Or Sweetlard!

#7 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

Re-reads are amazing. There is so much information and so many connections you dont make the first time through. Enjoy!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#8 User is offline   Steamer 

• Sergeant

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

View PostMako2401, on 18 June 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

Enjoy the reread, I still haven't read it once, at Memories of Ice, but I can see this being a fun reread. Kind of reminds me of Dark souls to be honest, the first time you have no idea what you're doing, but then when you play it the second/ third time everything is just right.

Makoi......perfect analogy!

Massive Dark Souls fan right here......bumbling blindly in the dark the first time around (except for the Gutter and the Black Gulch) and then it gets a tiny bit easier

I had a look at my old posts on here and bits and pieces are coming back to me so i cant wait to read them again and go beyond toll the hounds this time.

#9 User is offline   Burn's Bridge 

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

Closing my eyes to avoid spoilers but just want to say have fun!

#10 User is offline   Dutch 

• Bridgeburner
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen, American Football, Quick Ben

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

Rereads are fun indeed.

Last year around February/March I started my 5th reread reading all Erikson\Esslemont books (including the Korbald Broach and Bauchelein books) except the Kharkanas ones (that one will proceed when Walk in Shadow finally comes out).

You really appreciate all the ground work and will have many aha moments when things fall in place that you missed during your first read / reread.

For me it was a bit murky since my last reread was in 2012, so there were many times when I was like Oh yes!!!!

Books that you might not have liked during the first read (might) get better during your reread. I really did not like Toll the Hounds during my first read, but thoroughly enjoyed it since my first reread of the series just before Dust of Dreams was released.

BBW's are fun yes. I had a friends with benefits relationship with one for a while before I turned 30.

But anyway, enjoy your reread :)
Sappers have a saying, he muttered. "Wide eyed stupid"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users