Malazan Empire: Mafia Resources Thread - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia Resources Thread A thread for resources that make Mafia easier on this forum

#1 User is offline   Makaze 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

Hello! I am Makaze, and I wanted a place to post some scripts that might help you guys play Mafia, but I didn't see a good place to post them with your current threads. Hopefully this thread is alright. I might have more tools for you on down the line, but for now, this one is something you might seriously want.

ISOs

What are ISOs?

ISO stands for "Posts by a user in a thread in isolation". ISOs are searches for all the posts in particular thread by a single user in that thread. These ISOs are useful in Mafia games because it cuts down on time spent reading page after page of a long thread just to figure out how you feel about one person.

The script: https://gist.github....7440aaa6a768e9b

This script adds an ISO button to the top right of each post that will automatically search the current thread for posts by the user who made the post you linked from.

To install this script: Install the Greasemonkey extension (for Firefox) or the Tampermonkey extension (for Chrome and Safari), then visit the script link and click the "Raw" button to the top right of the code. This will open an installation page.

After installing, go to any thread on this site and observe the small
ISO button in the top right of the post.

Preview:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Makaze: 09 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

#2 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

Confirming this works, met this guy on the mafia discord thing.

Glad to have you aboard

#3 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:32 AM

Right on.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#4 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

relatively sure this hook has been asked for multiple times over the years, but it costs money afaik

This post has been edited by Macros: 22 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

#5 User is offline   Makaze 

• Recruit

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

View PostMacros, on 22 May 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

relatively sure this hook has been asked for multiple times over the years, but it costs money afaik

Adding it on the server side right now is as simple as the admin adding the anchor attribute to the postbit template. It can be done by any user if you know what variables are available in the template.

Note that this becomes fundamentally impossible without changing core forum software code if you upgrade to the newest version of Invision.

i.e. never do that, ever

This post has been edited by Makaze: 22 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

#6 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:07 AM

I put this in silencers court then.

I forsee problems if its forum wide, some of the threads in the inn have 100s of posters, there would need to be someway to limit this to games or mafia subforum

#7 User is offline   Makaze 

• Recruit

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:47 PM

View PostMacros, on 23 May 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

I put this in silencers court then.

I forsee problems if its forum wide, some of the threads in the inn have 100s of posters, there would need to be someway to limit this to games or mafia subforum

That would also be relatively easy since every modern forum software supports conditional statements based on the forumid attribute. Just make that piece of HTML conditional on the MAFIA forum's forumid number.

With that said, the code I posted is far more complex than the server-side solution would be, and installing my code would be kind of counterproductive. My code can be installed using Greasemonkey for Firefox or Tampermonkey for Chrome by particular members on a user-side basis, and only the users who have done so will see it on their ends.

This post has been edited by Makaze: 24 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users