Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hi everyone

#1 User is offline   blink503 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

Hello I am currently reading Deadhouse gates. I just wanted to say hello to the people of this great community.Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

Hi, welcome, watch out for spoilers, and please post your thoughts in the DG forum when you've finished the book.
I (and others) think it's pretty awesome and its always fun to get the reactions from someone who just finished it.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Welcome, blink503! Excited to read your thoughts on DG when you finish.

#4 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

Welcome! Great Forum! Been around for about a year, and I come more and more each day.

#5 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:02 AM

Welcome blink, damn glad to meet ya.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

Ah, a new victim bold Malazan reader! Welcome to the boards. Always good to see fresh blood for the Garglebeast new readers and their impressions of the fetid remains, oh gods the feebly twitching limbs series as they progress through the books. Just make sure not to run access any threads from later books, so you RUN don't read any spoilers RUN!!!. Have fun!
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#7 User is offline   Zetubal 

• Captain
  • Interests:Language

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

Welcome.

Don't worry about Gorefest - he just wants to play.

#8 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

Hello Blink and welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your first read of the series.

As others have said, be wary of spoilers from the later books' subforums and remember not to post anything spoilerific in any threads you start :D
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

View Postnicetrout, on 02 May 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

Welcome! Great Forum! Been around for about a year, and I come more and more each day.

Excellent, the subliminal posts are working as planned. Schedule this one for implant surgery.

And we're glad you do.

View PostGorefest, on 03 May 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

Ah, a new victim bold Malazan reader! Welcome to the boards. Always good to see fresh blood for the Garglebeast new readers and their impressions of the fetid remains, oh gods the feebly twitching limbs series as they progress through the books. Just make sure not to run access any threads from later books, so you RUN don't read any spoilers RUN!!!. Have fun!

Note to self: dial down Gorefest's implanted Abyssmal thinkspace subroutine nanites.

View PostPrimateus, on 03 May 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Hello Blink and welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your first read of the series.
As others have said, be wary of spoilers from the later books' subforums and remember not to post anything spoilerific in any threads you start :D

To be clear on the spoilers thing people keep mentioning, it's best to stay out of the subforums for the books beyond the one you're currently reading, so in your case, stay clear of MEMORIES OF ICE and later while you're reading GATES. For the DEADHOUSE GATES subforum, you're more than welcome to post questions, thoughts, running reactions to stuff you read, etc. Just be careful opening other threads because most of them are started by people who have finished the book.

Also, we have a 'General' forum that covers all the books, ever, and is wholly spoiler loaded. It's better to finish the series and receive your implants before you go there and also we need your bank account information, credit card numbers, a 4x6 matte photo and three DNA samples.

Hence Primateus' point which might not be clear... please do not put spoilers in thread titles... so the first thing someone opening the subforum (or looking at the empire home page) sees is not 'OMFG KALAM JUST STABBED WHATSISFACE RIGHT IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!!'.

OMFG KALAM IS AWESOME would be ok.

You're more than welcome to post spoilers in your actual posts and you don't need to spoilerblock them unless you're trying to protect someone else you know is behind you in the book.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

Blink182 is so 321 ago.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#11 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

View PostAbyss, on 03 May 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

Hence Primateus' point which might not be clear... please do not put spoilers in thread titles... so the first thing someone opening the subforum (or looking at the empire home page) sees is not 'OMFG KALAM JUST STABBED WHATSISFACE RIGHT IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!!'.

OMFG KALAM IS AWESOME would be ok.

You're more than welcome to post spoilers in your actual posts and you don't need to spoilerblock them unless you're trying to protect someone else you know is behind you in the book.

That is exactly the message I was trying to convey.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#12 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Do, or not do. There is no try.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users