Malazan Empire: Mafia Championship 5 sign up - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia Championship 5 sign up Who is available?

#1 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:29 PM

Thingyman, on 17 April 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

sup Tatter, hope you're doing well :p

I was hoping you might again be willing to share the invitation to this year's Mafia Championship? I'd be stoked to see your community participate once more, and your help would be super appreciated :)

The invite in bbcode format (so you can copypaste to your forum, if you wanna do that):
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

The invite in Google Docs format: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Kind regards,
Thingyman

I'm hoping for a Mentalist/Bubba/Vengeance participation. Old guard representation.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

Just copypasting the actual invite here:

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 5)

Hello there! :p

It is with great pleasure that I hereby invite your community to take part in Season 5 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The whole thing started back in 2013, and since then more than 225 different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

I hope it sounds like a fun and exciting event :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITE?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 1. If this is too soon for you to decide on anyone, let me know and we can work something out.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 5 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 170 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • 10 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 10 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd places will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
  • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 4 will discuss and vote to determine 25 players in total deserving of a second chance: 1 will advance directly to the finale, and the 24 other players will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the 2nd places that advanced directly to these. From each game, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote.
  • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 5 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

The setup explained very briefly (more details on host site)
This (view picture below) is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies. First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup.

Posted Image

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Relevant mechanics info
  • Day start.
  • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
  • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
  • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
  • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
  • Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. SEASON 5 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifying Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates during the months of May and June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

Wildcard games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

Kind regards,
Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Thingyman#6075).
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#3 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

I would love to do it. Alas I am to busy at work to have time.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#4 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

I can do it Posted Image

#5 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

Ment do you want to represent?

If not I would to love play some old-school dirty Bubba.....Walk in the room, punch everyone in the face, and double tap the one who whines the most.

#6 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

View PostThingyman, on 17 April 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Important notes
[*]Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.[/list]

Emphasis on this Bubba
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#7 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 17 April 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

View PostThingyman, on 17 April 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Important notes
[*]Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there's a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.[/list]

Emphasis on this Bubba

I wouldn't have stepped up otherwise......have you read my manifestos on low posting?

*An editorial from Bubba*<br style="color: rgb(44, 54, 68); font-size: 11.7px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246);">
And now the cancer in Mafia is exposed. A thread asked "Is mafia dying?" Yes. "Why is it dying?" It is dying because it is no longer fun. "What? how can you say this?" I say this because it is true. "What do you mean it is no fun?" The fun part of mafia was interacting with other people. It was ranting, and finger pointing, case making and list making. It was the inside jokes, the friend making, the rivalry's and the utter betrayals. Mafia was fun because people talked. Just sitting in a room full of people not talking.......it's just fucking boring. Low posting as a stratagem is supper effective. But at what cost? It has changed the collective. Victories...feel hollow. Putting in a hell of a showing....only to lose to someone who just hid. Not fun. When people interacted there was the chance for someone to make mistakes that could be turned into cases. Now it is just straw manning to make others believe BS. When people talk, people have fun.

shit I rage quit my last game here because no one was posting.

Plus this is all during my summer job. I have the Internet access and the time at work to follow a thread.

#8 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

View PostBubba, on 17 April 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

If not I would to love play some old-school dirty Bubba.....Walk in the room, punch everyone in the face, and double tap the one who whines the most.

Go for it. I dunno how busy I'll be with work in the foreseeable future. If I get some free time, I might try modding again.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#9 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:51 PM

View PostMentalist, on 17 April 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

View PostBubba, on 17 April 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

Go for it. I dunno how busy I'll be with work in the foreseeable future. If I get some free time, I might try modding again.

If Mamazanempire wants me I'm up for it. I will in no way be Butt hurt if you all decide on someone else. Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:23 AM

and the crowd are on the edge of their seats, they are looking down into the pit. Out of the doorway steps a giant husk of a man. He stops and raises one fist. I. AM. BUBBA. He shouts. The crowd erupt in a great cheer, they start to chant, Bubba, Bubba, Bubba!

#11 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

Bubba, Buhhh-bbbbaaa, BUBBA!!!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#12 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:40 AM

Just so you know, Bubba, we've won this competition every single year, so there's a lot for you to live up to.

#13 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

Bubba, bubba, BUBBA!!!

I would love to rep us sometime in this but I simply wouldn't have time.

Plus there's no telling how a group of hundreds of strangers would react to my gut

#14 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 18 April 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Just so you know, Bubba, we've won this competition every single year, so there's a lot for you to live up to.

If you mean surviving past day one in the first game to equal a win.....I'm your man....some of the time....maybe....I will try my best.

#15 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:49 AM

I think Bubbas a good rep.

Mafia as fun as it is, takes wayyyy to much time (see the last time i modded a game)

#16 User is offline   Thingyman 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Is Bubba confirmed as your rep, or are you still discussing? :p

#17 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

View PostThingyman, on 21 April 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

Is Bubba confirmed as your rep, or are you still discussing? :p

100% Bubba

#18 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Bubba, have you played on other sites before?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#19 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:41 PM

View PostMessremb, on 21 April 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

No, but I set up an account on MU and have been doing my research. I'm trying to learn all the different terms they use over there. Following a few games to get a idea on how their games flow.

#20 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

View PostBubba, on 21 April 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 21 April 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

No, but I set up an account on MU and have been doing my research. I'm trying to learn all the different terms they use over there. Following a few games to get a idea on how their games flow.

That's approximately 3,000 times more research prep than I did.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users