• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 13 June 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 13 June 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

If you are looking at me Morgoth can you hold off until next round? You can take Nevant for tech if you like but I need it this round. I'd at least like discussion with you on it.

I am not interested in your stuff, Tatts. I have more than enough work ahead of me trying to keep what I currently have.

Okay that suits me, I have no plans in attacking you either, we have similar VP right now, and we're a little ways off the top of the pack. Co-ordinated effort may be a way to even things up top though. Like this round with Twelve.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I enjoy how many of us are still contending for the win, though I'd be surprised if Khell doesn't take it with his current lead.

He cannot gain points without his home system. Depends if anyone is strong enough to take it.

I came to the conclusion that if I were to go for Sol I would lose all chance of taking the victory myself. I don't particularly care to stop Khell from winning if those same actions hinder my chance at victory. Besides, when he is less threatened at home suddenly he's a threat to twelve. My time to take Khell's homeworld was a couple of rounds ago, but he kept a carrier in the wrong place and that was that.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4322 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

I'm going to pass when it comes round to me btw, so don't wait for my move.

And I'm happy to join you guys in any coordinated effort to give the rest of us a chance.

Khell could potentially get to 8 VP this round, and has a pretty much guaranteed 2vp next round from the unit tech objective. So it all depends on if khell can eke out another VP somewhere from a secret objective or something before someone makes a move on his homeworld.

#4323 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:28 AM

Khells relocation of his troops from mecatol to his homeworld certainly makes things harder though!

#4324 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

Blend has Passed.
I have passed.
IH is passing.
Khell has passed.
Tapper has passed.

Nico's turn currently.
Gnaw has not yet passed.
Morgoth has not yet passed
Twelve has not yet passed.

Nico - Gnaw - Morgoth - Twelve is current turn order as everyone else has passed.

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 13 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4325 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:06 AM

I would assume Nico is passing, but you never know. It would seem that Gnaw twelve and I all have an action planned.

#4326 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

Nico has a CT left and a refreshed home system so is probably going to build something.

#4327 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 13 June 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

A real 'new world order' feel to this round.

My predicted struggle to the finish line has become even harder than I could have imagined. The resource shortage which has been present all game for me is finally going to bite hard I think.

Twelve's seeming invincibility has been shattered.

All of Blend's deal and profit-making amounted to little when Tapper came calling.

IH waited like a patient snake in the grass for everyone else to make their moves before feeding on the delicious scraps.

Gnaw rolled dice like a champ and now looks poised to take the mantle of Mecatol ownership. I doubt Tatts will bother taking Imperial from him next strategy phase. May the crown rest heavy.

Morgoth is veritably hounding Twelve and probably has the most powerful fleets now. I wonder if there's some secret objective at play there.

Tapper is also looking very strong, although I think Blend's counterattack did more damage than was expected. Positionally, though, it looks like he could pick up VPs all over the place.

Nico...continues to exist. He does have all those resources though, so one day we may see that manifest into an avenging fleet.

Tatts is in a similar situation to me in that he has a bit of a move and resource shortage on his hands. In a way, I think it would really benefit him to take control over his own wormhole placement rather than selling it every round.

Good Luck to Gnaw in his Mecatol Rex campaign. From this stage, at this point, Morgoth, IH and Tapper are looking like they could challenge you, but you're in the best spot currently. We'll see during the status stage where everyone is at.

I am going to have a hard time scoring most other 2 VP objectives - but then, I think it will be so for most of us, actually.
At the start of the game, I thought "first to 4 1-pointers, 3 2-pointers, 1x secret objective = win".

Now I think it is much more likely that people will fulfill 5x 1-point, 2x 2-point, 2x secret objective (and/or Custodian token/Imperial) for winning, or the winner being whomever is at 10 (maybe even just 9) points and has the highest initiative in the final round.

With regards to my own position: Blend did more damage than I figured he would - but the first round of combat was always going to be really, really rough: the combination of Warfare's +1 and the flagship is really strong. I was always going to have to destroy at the least 1 Exotrireme to take care of the Flagship and his dread after the first round, even if his rolls were less good.

I also think you're a bit unkind to Blend in your one-sentence recap, Khell. His main problem all game long has been gaining Strategy tokens, as a result, he has had to make difficult choices on where to allocate them.

I also think Tatts is in a better position than most on the board. Nico collapsed, Twelve has different fish to fry and Gnaw is likely going for Mecatol.
Also, this being our first game, it is going to be very interesting what lessons we all learned and what we do differently in a new game!
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4328 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:32 AM

Be kind to Morgoth and never fight a land war in Sol.

#4329 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

Well, I've given my provisional to D'rek. Hopefully we'll progress rather quickly through the last few actions and then we'll see what happens!

#4330 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

I've definitely made a lot of mistakes I can learn from (and make brand new ones next game). It will be very interesting starting out with a new race and figuring out the strategy for them. As someone who has taken very little advantage of PDS, it'd be interesting to play as the Xxcha and have their mobile PDSII of a flagship!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4331 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

This is it Gnaw :p

Did I mention that you doing this will help me achieve a secret objective? :p

#4332 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostTapper, on 13 June 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

I also think you're a bit unkind to Blend in your one-sentence recap, Khell. His main problem all game long has been gaining Strategy tokens, as a result, he has had to make difficult choices on where to allocate them.

Very much this - a lot of my wheeling and dealing has been because I didn't have any choice. I've had the 3CTs from Status Phase plus about 2 additional per round (sometimes 3) because that was literally all I could afford, where many of you were getting the 3CTs from status phase then buying an additional 5-7 per round. The wheeling and dealing was legitimately so that I could survive long enough to be a thorn in your sides and potentially get another of my secret objectives. Each time I've tried taking planets from people, it was so that I could try getting objectives. It never worked out, but them's the breaks.

Of course, everyone also decided that because I was allied with Twelve they'd prevent me from doing anything useful as a way to hurt Twelve, so I had 3 big moves get completely fucked over by sabotages or other action cards. Tapper's taking Lodor was basically the icing on the cake, and I wish I had made everyone wait on me so that I could get a really good look at everything before submitting my retaliation. I had completely forgotten about the Exo-Triremes, for example. So now I'm stuck just limping along, hoping I won't be taken out, and hoping I can pull some kind of magic outta my ass (spoiler, probably not).
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4333 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 June 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 13 June 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

Very much this - a lot of my wheeling and dealing has been because I didn't have any choice. I've had the 3CTs from Status Phase plus about 2 additional per round (sometimes 3) because that was literally all I could afford, where many of you were getting the 3CTs from status phase then buying an additional 5-7 per round. The wheeling and dealing was legitimately so that I could survive long enough to be a thorn in your sides and potentially get another of my secret objectives. Each time I've tried taking planets from people, it was so that I could try getting objectives. It never worked out, but them's the breaks.

Of course, everyone also decided that because I was allied with Twelve they'd prevent me from doing anything useful as a way to hurt Twelve, so I had 3 big moves get completely fucked over by sabotages or other action cards. Tapper's taking Lodor was basically the icing on the cake, and I wish I had made everyone wait on me so that I could get a really good look at everything before submitting my retaliation. I had completely forgotten about the Exo-Triremes, for example. So now I'm stuck just limping along, hoping I won't be taken out, and hoping I can pull some kind of magic outta my ass (spoiler, probably not).

Space lions never say die!

#4334 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:39 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 13 June 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

This is it Gnaw :p

Did I mention that you doing this will help me achieve a secret objective? :p

Glad to be of service!
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4335 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:42 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 13 June 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

I've definitely made a lot of mistakes I can learn from (and make brand new ones next game). It will be very interesting starting out with a new race and figuring out the strategy for them. As someone who has taken very little advantage of PDS, it'd be interesting to play as the Xxcha and have their mobile PDSII of a flagship!

I've been regretting not taking the muatt ever since round 2.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4336 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

You only took the Matriarch with you as your non-fighter? Well, say goodbye to it.

#4337 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

*shrug* It's not like I wasn't going to lose it next round anyway.

#4338 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:32 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 June 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

*shrug* It's not like I wasn't going to lose it next round anyway.

I'm just teasing you, I don't have shit :p

#4339 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:58 PM

I forgot you could fire your PDS' as well.

All three come home to Jord, I couldn't have asked for more. Well fought!

#4340 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Does Morgoth have any systems with unactivated ships other than 1 system with a destroyer?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

59 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 59 guests, 0 anonymous users