Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#4301 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:47 PM

View Posttwelve, on 12 June 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 12 June 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 12 June 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Was really wanting Khell to block his path and was thinking of dropping a unit there as well but didn't expect him to make his move so quick.

Couldn't do it. The more space I leave him the more other places he has to go.

If I move ships to the wormhole can you stand down your pds? Trying to figure out my best options and want to keep as many choices available.

Hmm. The problem(s) with you doing that is that my Carrier will be busting out through that wormhole first thing next round in its escape from the ill-fated mission to Mallice. I may not want it to stop in Quann, and worse (for me) engaging in battle with you, whether intentional or not, loses me that SftT VP.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4302 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:57 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 12 June 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Was really wanting Khell to block his path and was thinking of dropping a unit there as well but didn't expect him to make his move so quick.

If I move ships to the wormhole can you stand down your pds? Trying to figure out my best options and want to keep as many choices available.

Hmm. The problem(s) with you doing that is that my Carrier will be busting out through that wormhole first thing next round in its escape from the ill-fated mission to Mallice. I may not want it to stop in Quann, and worse (for me) engaging in battle with you, whether intentional or not, loses me that SftT VP.

It's not my most ideal option granted and it will leave my homeworld woefully underdefended but I really, really, really want to be in a position to punish Morgoth for attacking me this round. I can still move there and take the hit I guess but I forgot that you had that carrier you wanted back in your territory. I'll probably pout and sulk and wonder how things went so epically wrong this round and do something else.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4303 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:26 AM

I’m at the baseball game so if it’s my turn give me a moment

Time warp ?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4304 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:27 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 13 June 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

I'm at the baseball game so if it's my turn give me a moment

Time warp ?

Tapper passed, so yeah it’s your turn. Should blend or Tatts wish to use the secondary they can edit it in I would think.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4305 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

View Posttwelve, on 12 June 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

It's not my most ideal option granted and it will leave my homeworld woefully underdefended but I really, really, really want to be in a position to punish Morgoth for attacking me this round. I can still move there and take the hit I guess but I forgot that you had that carrier you wanted back in your territory. I'll probably pout and sulk and wonder how things went so epically wrong this round and do something else.

Thankfully I have another round to shore up my defences. What will happen if you send your home fleet towards me and lose it do you think? It might seem that I have my main fleet somewhat locked in place, but I wonder why no one has asked me yet which Creuss PN I am in possession of.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 13 June 2018 - 07:25 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4306 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

Man, that PDS accuracy.

#4307 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 June 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 12 June 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Thankfully I have another round to shore up my defences. What will happen if you send your home fleet towards me and lose it do you think? It might seem that I have my main fleet somewhat locked in place, but I wonder why no one has asked me yet which Creuss PN I am in possession of.

Even I have forgotten that tbh, unless someone else traded it to you? I'd have to look it up unless you spill
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4308 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:25 AM

Wow, was this possible?

I traded with Nico in the agenda phase and he traded with you, what I traded with him, in the same agenda phase?

View PostNicodimas, on 02 May 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

Khell choose my homeworld, I offer nothing, just the resources would be nice and I won't pillage ya.

On forgot that D'rek... shows Morgoth a PN.

See what I mean??? Yours for 1: 1 of yours back. You can see it's use.

Posted Image

Trade 1 promissory note to Morgoth, in exchange for 1 promissory note.

I've been hoping Nico would play it a lot sooner, so I could trade it again. Pretty cool card isn't it?

#4309 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:32 AM

If you are looking at me Morgoth can you hold off until next round? You can take Nevant for tech if you like but I need it this round. I'd at least like discussion with you on it.

#4310 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

Khell he's doing that thing again :p

#4311 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

A real 'new world order' feel to this round.

My predicted struggle to the finish line has become even harder than I could have imagined. The resource shortage which has been present all game for me is finally going to bite hard I think.

Twelve's seeming invincibility has been shattered.

All of Blend's deal and profit-making amounted to little when Tapper came calling.

IH waited like a patient snake in the grass for everyone else to make their moves before feeding on the delicious scraps.

Gnaw rolled dice like a champ and now looks poised to take the mantle of Mecatol ownership. I doubt Tatts will bother taking Imperial from him next strategy phase. May the crown rest heavy.

Morgoth is veritably hounding Twelve and probably has the most powerful fleets now. I wonder if there's some secret objective at play there.

Tapper is also looking very strong, although I think Blend's counterattack did more damage than was expected. Positionally, though, it looks like he could pick up VPs all over the place.

Nico...continues to exist. He does have all those resources though, so one day we may see that manifest into an avenging fleet.

Tatts is in a similar situation to me in that he has a bit of a move and resource shortage on his hands. In a way, I think it would really benefit him to take control over his own wormhole placement rather than selling it every round.

#4312 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Haha! Yeah, it's super scary isn't it :p

#4313 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 13 June 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

My predicted struggle to the finish line has become even harder than I could have imagined. The resource shortage which has been present all game for me is finally going to bite hard I think.

All of Blend's deal and profit-making amounted to little when Tapper came calling.

IH waited like a patient snake in the grass for everyone else to make their moves before feeding on the delicious scraps.

Gnaw rolled dice like a champ and now looks poised to take the mantle of Mecatol ownership. I doubt Tatts will bother taking Imperial from him next strategy phase. May the crown rest heavy.

Morgoth is veritably hounding Twelve and probably has the most powerful fleets now. I wonder if there's some secret objective at play there.

Tapper is also looking very strong, although I think Blend's counterattack did more damage than was expected. Positionally, though, it looks like he could pick up VPs all over the place.

Nico...continues to exist. He does have all those resources though, so one day we may see that manifest into an avenging fleet.

Tatts is in a similar situation to me in that he has a bit of a move and resource shortage on his hands. In a way, I think it would really benefit him to take control over his own wormhole placement rather than selling it every round.

Good Luck to Gnaw in his Mecatol Rex campaign. From this stage, at this point, Morgoth, IH and Tapper are looking like they could challenge you, but you're in the best spot currently. We'll see during the status stage where everyone is at.

#4314 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

If you are looking at me Morgoth can you hold off until next round? You can take Nevant for tech if you like but I need it this round. I'd at least like discussion with you on it.

I am not interested in your stuff, Tatts. I have more than enough work ahead of me trying to keep what I currently have.

#4315 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

Good Luck to Gnaw in his Mecatol Rex campaign. From this stage, at this point, Morgoth, IH and Tapper are looking like they could challenge you, but you're in the best spot currently. We'll see during the status stage where everyone is at.

I think it's all going to depend on the next objective and who gets imperial/politics. If it's a tech objective twelve will most likely get the win. Control morgoth or tapper. Something else it's all up in the air.

#4316 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, I think people needed to see just how weak the -1 ability makes the Jol Nar fleets. Though he is still a powerhouse, but no longer quite so dominant, which is all I wanted. Well, that and tech. Glorious glorious tech! It was more than a little annoying to see him pull out two retreat cards, however, and that he hit with all three pds shots.

Tapper is in an excellent position to pick up points, but the question remains what sort of objectives will be revealed in the following two rounds. That's the deciding factor I think. Most will be impossible for me to accomplish, or require an absurd realignment of fleets. We'll see.

You do have a serious point advantage though, I still expect you to win through in the end.

#4317 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 June 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

I am not interested in your stuff, Tatts. I have more than enough work ahead of me trying to keep what I currently have.

Okay that suits me, I have no plans in attacking you either, we have similar VP right now, and we're a little ways off the top of the pack. Co-ordinated effort may be a way to even things up top though. Like this round with Twelve.

#4318 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Haha! Yeah, it's super scary isn't it :p

Bah, you people are so impatient :p

#4319 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Okay that suits me, I have no plans in attacking you either, we have similar VP right now, and we're a little ways off the top of the pack. Co-ordinated effort may be a way to even things up top though. Like this round with Twelve.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I enjoy how many of us are still contending for the win, though I'd be surprised if Khell doesn't take it with his current lead.

#4320 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 June 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 13 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I enjoy how many of us are still contending for the win, though I'd be surprised if Khell doesn't take it with his current lead.

He cannot gain points without his home system. Depends if anyone is strong enough to take it.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

53 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 53 guests, 0 anonymous users