• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#4001 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:37 AM

Khell can you pick up troops from Lazar sakulag as you have a CT down in that system? I thought that meant any troops in that system could not move again.

#4002 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:39 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 June 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Khell can you pick up troops from Lazar sakulag as you have a CT down in that system? I thought that meant any troops in that system could not move again.

Not sure, that is possible. If so, I'll just take 5 from Jord.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4003 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 June 2018 - 06:27 AM, said:

Hey IH, I can exhaust all the cultural planets of a player for the Agenda phase. Is that somethibg you’d be interested in me playing?

Potentially, will see how the action phase plays out!

#4004 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:09 AM

Morgy you are up

#4005 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Blend I have some commodities to trade if you are interested?

Also what would it be worth to remove your border with Nico?

#4006 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 June 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

As you have already activated that system, your ships cannot exit it. Not sure your action is at all possible unfortunately.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4007 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

View PostBlend, on 09 June 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

As you have already activated that system, your ships cannot exit it. Not sure your action is at all possible unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure I can go through the system, I just can't stop there.

#4008 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 June 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

We will have to wait for a Drek ruling, but I am 90% certain you cant even move through the system if you have a token on it.

Its why the Diplomacy primary is useful for keeping people out of your area.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4009 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 June 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

Blend I have some commodities to trade if you are interested?

Also what would it be worth to remove your border with Nico?

Well I wont be swapping any commodities until I have fewer than 3 TGs or Nico no longer borders me if I can help it.

#4010 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostBlend, on 09 June 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

We will have to wait for a Drek ruling, but I am 90% certain you cant even move through the system if you have a token on it.

I've moved through systems with tokens in them before, so...

#4011 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

That's an interesting move, Khell - especially considering we haven't been at war yet :lol:
D'rek has my provisional for a case like this (bottom of the combat PM), and I think I might need to tweak my ideas a little for my own action and Warfare/Logistics secondaries...
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4012 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 June 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

I've moved through systems with tokens in them before, so...

If that is true I have misunderstood the rules.

As I understand it, once a token is on a space, troops in that space cannot move OUT of that space, that includes moving through it, or so I thought. Guess we shall see what Drek has to say.

#4013 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:31 AM

View PostTapper, on 09 June 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

That's an interesting move, Khell - especially considering we haven't been at war yet :lol:
D'rek has my provisional for a case like this (bottom of the combat PM), and I think I might need to tweak my ideas a little for my own action and Warfare/Logistics secondaries...

Yeah, apologies, it was pretty much the only option available to me to try and achieve anything this round.

#4014 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:31 AM

You can. Here's the glossary:

49.2 TACTICAL ACTION MOVEMENT
49.3 Most ships have a move value printed on their faction sheets
and technology cards. This value indicates the distance from its
current system that a ship can move.

To resolve movement, players perform the following steps:

49.4 STEP 1—MOVE SHIPS: A player can move any number of his eligible ships into the active system, obeying the following rules:
• The ship must end its movement in the active system.
• The ship cannot move through a system that contains ships that are controlled by another player.
• The ship cannot move if it started its movement in another system that contains one of its faction’s command tokens.
• The ship can move through systems that contain its own faction’s command tokens.
• The ship can move out of the active system and back into it if its move value is high enough.
• The ship must move along a path of adjacent systems, and the number of systems the ship enters cannot exceed its move value.

49.5 When a ship with a capacity value moves or is moved, it may transport ground forces and fighters.
49.6 The active player’s ships move simultaneously.

#4015 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Good to know.... Been playing as if I couldnt all game.... well shit.

Thanks for clarification Tapper!

#4016 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostBlend, on 09 June 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Good to know.... Been playing as if I couldnt all game.... well shit.

Thanks for clarification Tapper!

You're welcome!
I wish FFG had put it with the Learn to Play rules, as it deals with so many little rules and side rules... I understand why it is a different document in the box, but as PDF, there's no reason to not include it all in one.

#4017 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

I don't know if it will make any difference to what you do Tapper, but if I do manage to take Mallice I did not intend to keep it after the end of the round. I won't move to defend it if you try to take it back (next round) and I was even going to move all the troops out with Transit Diodes so you wouldn't even have to fight for it if you preferred that.

I can, uh, also offer you a PN as compensation should I take it?

Edit: And/or votes.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 09 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

#4018 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 June 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

I don't know if it will make any difference to what you do Tapper, but if I do manage to take Mallice I did not intend to keep it after the end of the round. I won't move to defend it if you try to take it back (next round) and I was even going to move all the troops out with Transit Diodes so you wouldn't even have to fight for it if you preferred that.

Oh, I am not mad at you trying to take a planet for VP.
I don't particularly want to throw dozens of ground forces into the meatgrinder against you and neither am I looking for a long war against you in retaliation, so if you take Mallice, I might want to have a chat about a peaceful return.

Timing could be better, though (I sort of mostly need Mallice for the Leadership CT up until I research Hyper Metabolism).

From a diplomatic perspective, you could have tried to negotiate your occupation/retreat immediately after I took my last move - you know, early enough to not come as a surprise, but too late for me to do something about it :lol:

As such, I am not going to change my provisional from the start of the round to D'rek for handling the combat and as my next action I will move sufficient amounts of ships to retake the space and have a decent presence afterward to prevent another sneak attack - I am sure you understand.

I think Morgoth and Gnaw will be relieved that I will finally move some of my ships, too :lol:

I am not too keen on ground combat against you, so I will ask D'rek to wait with posting my provisional turn if you manage to take the planet, just so we can perhaps work something out regarding a retreat.

#4019 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostTapper, on 09 June 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I don't particularly want to throw dozens of ground forces into the meatgrinder against you and neither am I looking for a long war against you in retaliation, so if you take Mallice, I might want to have a chat about a peaceful return.

Timing could be better, though (I sort of mostly need Mallice for the Leadership CT up until I research Hyper Metabolism).

From a diplomatic perspective, you could have tried to negotiate your occupation/retreat immediately after I took my last move - you know, early enough to not come as a surprise, but too late for me to do something about it :lol:

As such, I am not going to change my provisional from the start of the round to D'rek for handling the combat and as my next action I will move sufficient amounts of ships to retake the space and have a decent presence afterward to prevent another sneak attack - I am sure you understand.

I think Morgoth and Gnaw will be relieved that I will finally move some of my ships, too :lol:

I am not too keen on ground combat against you, so I will ask D'rek to wait with posting my provisional turn if you manage to take the planet, just so we can perhaps work something out regarding a retreat.

Yes, I should have told you before, you're right. I guess that instinctive Sol sneakiness got the better of me. And also I was toying between Mallice and about three other options - but in the end all the others would have required expending more CTs than I was comfortable with. Ah well.

I was wondering if you'd be able to take the space back because of that token that's sitting their from construction - but in any case as I said I am not going to do anything about it either way. If we can work out a retreat that would be handy - and if you have to crush me then that's understandable too!

#4020 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 June 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 09 June 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Yes, I should have told you before, you're right. I guess that instinctive Sol sneakiness got the better of me. And also I was toying between Mallice and about three other options - but in the end all the others would have required expending more CTs than I was comfortable with. Ah well.

I was wondering if you'd be able to take the space back because of that token that's sitting their from construction - but in any case as I said I am not going to do anything about it either way. If we can work out a retreat that would be handy - and if you have to crush me then that's understandable too!

sprrllgftyft*
I forgot about the Construction CT. Oh well - it changes less than you might think.

* = the sound a Sardakk Staff Lieutenant makes when aphyxiated between the bulges in the High Leader Kkim's carapace after bringing bad news.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

21 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users