• View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

View PostGnaw, on 05 June 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 05 June 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 05 June 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 05 June 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

LoL....

Well, honestly, I dont currently have it so wasnt gonna be receiving the goods this round anyway, so yeah....

Yeah. I have yours. Use warfare your next turn and I'll give you yours back. And if trade does get played (not certain what the order is off the top of my head) in the meantime I won't use it.

It is a shame you would go against the spirit of our deal like that.

Still gonna have to sweeten the pot, frankly.

I would definitely like that Trade Agreement back, but I wont negotiate for you to use it or give it back to me.

Huh? What spirit?

You got the Naalu token in exchange for your TG PN. Now I’m offering not to use it as part of a new deal? Where’s the conflict?

Ermmmm.... I gave that to you with the expectation that you'd be using it this round. If you don't, then there's a conflict, wouldn't you say?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3722 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:01 PM

View PostBlend, on 05 June 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

LoL....

Well, honestly, I dont currently have it so wasnt gonna be receiving the goods this round anyway, so yeah....

Yeah. I have yours. Use warfare your next turn and I'll give you yours back. And if trade does get played (not certain what the order is off the top of my head) in the meantime I won't use it.

I would definitely like that Trade Agreement back, but I wont negotiate for you to use it or give it back to me.

Huh? What spirit?

You got the Naalu token in exchange for your TG PN. Now I'm offering not to use it as part of a new deal? Where's the conflict?

Ermmmm.... I gave that to you with the expectation that you'd be using it this round. If you don't, then there's a conflict, wouldn't you say?

You WANT me to take your stuff? I'm confused. Especially since for me to use it requires you to spend a CT??

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 05 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3723 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:04 PM

View Posttwelve, on 05 June 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Khell, now that you have a dock in Quan, will you be building ships there? I was going to ask you if it would be alright to park a cruiser there to block the wormhole but if you are going to do it instead that is fine by me.

Depends on what else happens in the round to an extent but it's pretty likely yeah.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3724 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:04 PM

View PostGnaw, on 05 June 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 05 June 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

LoL....

Huh? What spirit?

You got the Naalu token in exchange for your TG PN. Now I'm offering not to use it as part of a new deal? Where's the conflict?

You WANT me to take your stuff? I'm confused. Especially since for me to use it requires you to spend a CT??

No it doesn't, I get free refreshes as part of my racial ability.

I do want you to use it as I want the Trade Agreement back so that I can trade it to Tatts before end of the round.

Hold on, I'm looking at my shit, I might take Tatts' offer to take you up on your offer if I can figure out a way to make something good happen.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3725 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:12 PM

I will throw in my ceasefire pn. There are a number of people who would pay for that I'm sure. Nico especially who is also sitting on a pile of trade goods at the moment.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3726 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

And the ball is back in Twelve's court - so far the better offer is Twelve's Trade Agreement and his Ceasefire PN in exchange for me holding off on using Warfare. Unless you guys can come up with something better, that will be the deal I take.

#3727 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:31 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 05 June 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Is Nico still playing or is Drek playing as him? Been waiting on an answer on whether he is going to accept my deal for a free trade refresh in return for no looting or not...

Thought Nico would be back by today... I will tentatively answer this with a no.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3728 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:14 AM

IH would you give me two component/take an action cards for my ceasefire PN?

Blend to broker the deal you could take the action card you liked?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3729 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:15 AM

I'll add to that Blend that you should take Twelve's offer, even if we do this component action deal, if he backs out then play warfare next go.

#3730 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

so much diplomacy. I can't keep track of it all!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3731 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostTapper, on 05 June 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 05 June 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Tapper, unless I get the free refresh for trade I won't be researching anything you don't already have. If you can help convince IH to give me one then you won't be able to use my pn.

Not unexpected. I can hold on to it.

I have been thinking on what to tell IH without sounding like a tool trying to get his 'free' research at any cost in this round.

In the end, the only two things I can really say are:
1. Twelve offered free refreshment to everyone, I don't know if IH offered to return the favor unconditionally;

2. Twelve is pretty much overextended on the map and now subject to pressure.
The one thing we do not want, is for Twelve to collapse himself in turn and be reduced control only 2-3 core systems (Jol-Nar, Everra and Quecen/Harron), with one other player taking the other planets in quick succession.
If Twelve would collapse in such a fashion, it also means there's one less player with the capacity to fight that player. Nico and Khell are already somewhat hamstrung and have a hard time projecting power through a lack of fleets, and Tatts lost a big fleet, too.
I think everyone is much better served by a gradual erosion in which Twelve is still a credible threat to other frontrunners like Khell, Tatts (in points, less so in fleets) and Morgoth.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3732 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 06 June 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

so much diplomacy. I can't keep track of it all!

I think it mostly boils down to: everyone trades favors and Blend and Nico end up richer.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3733 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

View PostD, on 06 June 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Is Nico still playing or is Drek playing as him? Been waiting on an answer on whether he is going to accept my deal for a free trade refresh in return for no looting or not...

Thought Nico would be back by today... I will tentatively answer this with a no.

Make him give both you and I a free refresh so I can give you your TGs.

#3734 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 06 June 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

View PostD, on 06 June 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Make him give both you and I a free refresh so I can give you your TGs.

I'd do that for no looting of me or any of my trades (ie I could give one tg to someone and it wouldn't be looted)

#3735 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:13 AM

View PostTapper, on 06 June 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

Tapper, unless I get the free refresh for trade I won't be researching anything you don't already have. If you can help convince IH to give me one then you won't be able to use my pn.

I have been thinking on what to tell IH without sounding like a tool trying to get his 'free' research at any cost in this round.

1. Twelve offered free refreshment to everyone, I don't know if IH offered to return the favor unconditionally;

The one thing we do not want, is for Twelve to collapse himself in turn and be reduced control only 2-3 core systems (Jol-Nar, Everra and Quecen/Harron), with one other player taking the other planets in quick succession.
If Twelve would collapse in such a fashion, it also means there's one less player with the capacity to fight that player. Nico and Khell are already somewhat hamstrung and have a hard time projecting power through a lack of fleets, and Tatts lost a big fleet, too.
I think everyone is much better served by a gradual erosion in which Twelve is still a credible threat to other frontrunners like Khell, Tatts (in points, less so in fleets) and Morgoth.

I've said I'll give twelve a free refresh in return for him refreshing me earlier in the game.

#3736 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

I have same points as Nico, IH, Morgoth, less than Twelve and Khell, and after this turn you will over-take me, when you stated you can get 2 VP's.

#3737 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:16 AM

IH, are you willing to trade action cards for my ceasefire PN?

I don't care what they do really, as long as they are done/take place instead of a tactical action.

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 06 June 2018 - 08:17 AM

#3738 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 06 June 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

I have same points as Nico, IH, Morgoth, less than Twelve and Khell, and after this turn you will over-take me, when you stated you can get 2 VP's.

I know, right? Tapper is totally trying to sneak under the radar. The bugs haven't made a single wave all game.

#3739 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 06 June 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

IH would you give me two component/take an action cards for my ceasefire PN?

Blend to broker the deal you could take the action card you liked?

That doesn't seem anywhere near valuable enough for two good action cards. I'd want at least an action card in return on top of that plus some trade goods.

#3740 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:26 AM

I certainly don't want twelve to collapse. I just don't want him to control too much of the board.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

51 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users