• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3661 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 05 June 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Blend/Tatts I'd be willing to enter into a 3 way trade for action cards if you want. Also blend I'd quite like the action card you took off me back :lol:

I asked this a while back, if there's anything you'd be able to help me with.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3662 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

Hmm, I just remembered, when my action was sabotaged, I could choose to just throw away the command tokens I would have used in lieu of taking another action. Couldn't twelve have done the same thing, or was this a different type of situation?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3663 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

Blend/Tatts I'd be willing to enter into a 3 way trade for action cards if you want. Also blend I'd quite like the action card you took off me back :lol:

Also, this is your main thing isn't it, action cards. What did Blend say, 1 TG to broker a deal?

#3664 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Problem with this is that technically I can't show Tatts or you action cards that aren't my own, so you could show me action cards, but I wouldn't be allowed to privately show them to you as they wouldn't be my action cards.

And IH - I really like this action card, I'd really like to keep it! :lol:
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3665 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 05 June 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Also, this is your main thing isn't it, action cards. What did Blend say, 1 TG to broker a deal?

LoL, yeah right, so that I can just make Nico more rich?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3666 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 05 June 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

So for the action card you showed me, you want wormhole placement? Or one of my action cards?

Honestly, of the two action cards you showed me, the first one is more interesting to me. But to be totally honest, I'd much rather have the Wormhole placement.

#3667 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostBlend, on 05 June 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 05 June 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

So for the action card you showed me, you want wormhole placement? Or one of my action cards?

Honestly, of the two action cards you showed me, the first one is more interesting to me. But to be totally honest, I'd much rather have the Wormhole placement.

We will see what Gnaw does, if the ships move I won't need the card.

I'll speak to you about it soon.

#3668 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

My offer of my Trade Agreement in exchange for the wormhole placement still stands, so keep that in mind as well.

#3669 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:32 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 05 June 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hmm, I just remembered, when my action was sabotaged, I could choose to just throw away the command tokens I would have used in lieu of taking another action. Couldn't twelve have done the same thing, or was this a different type of situation?

Different situation.

Your was an AC that had to be played during a Tactical Action. Sabotaging the card cancelled its effect, but the Tactical Action itself was not cancelled and had to be completed. Since there wasn't any tactical actions you wanted to do without that card you did a tactical action in the Supernova - activate the system and nothing else.

In Twelve's case its a component action from an AC that is played "as an action" so sabotaging the card stops it from being played, and hence leaves Twelve with no action yet performed in his turn, thus he must make a different action.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3670 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

Blend I'm serious if you trade Tatts an actuin card for action card I'll give you my trade pn.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3671 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

View Posttwelve, on 05 June 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Blend I'm serious if you trade Tatts an actuin card for action card I'll give you my trade pn.

I realize that, but there's literally only one action card that I have and am willing to give up (even in exchange for your Trade Agreement) that he can even use, and he has already said he's not interested in it right now, but might be later.

Very sorry, but I can't do what I don't have the cards to do.

#3672 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

View PostD, on 05 June 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 05 June 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Different situation.

Your was an AC that had to be played during a Tactical Action. Sabotaging the card cancelled its effect, but the Tactical Action itself was not cancelled and had to be completed. Since there wasn't any tactical actions you wanted to do without that card you did a tactical action in the Supernova - activate the system and nothing else.

In Twelve's case its a component action from an AC that is played "as an action" so sabotaging the card stops it from being played, and hence leaves Twelve with no action yet performed in his turn, thus he must make a different action.

Coolio, thanks for the explainer!

#3673 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

View PostBlend, on 05 June 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 05 June 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

I realize that, but there's literally only one action card that I have and am willing to give up (even in exchange for your Trade Agreement) that he can even use, and he has already said he's not interested in it right now, but might be later.

Very sorry, but I can't do what I don't have the cards to do.

What if I gave an action card to Blend to give to Tatts? Blend gets paid Twelve's TA PN as payment for being the middleman. I get Tatts' AC, whatever it is. And in exchange for this service, I get to be left alone for the remainder of the round by everyone involved (Twelve, Blend, Tatts).

#3674 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

I've no issues with the above agreement as there's nothing else I can do to Khell this round anyway. If there were, I'd definitely NOT be taking that deal, but there it is...

#3675 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

Gnaw - are you just holding off on making your move as punishment for everyone else making YOU wait? If so, can we just move on please? :lol:

#3676 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

In case Twelve is unsure, the AC I would give Tatts is a particularly harmless component action.

#3677 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 05 June 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

In case Twelve is unsure, the AC I would give Tatts is a particularly harmless component action.

Might be fine Khell but I'm going to try a different approach for a moment with Tatts.

Tatts, you want Abyz Fria right? I'm okay with that. Will you allow me to leave the system first without a fight? I needed the space port for my secret objective. With that done I don't need it anymore. This way you can have it without losing any ships. I don't think your odds are as good as you think but I'd rather not fight at all
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3678 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 05 June 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 05 June 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

It's no fun turtling up, i approve tatts 😁

Are you going to use technology this turn?

Gnaw are you going to move for me?

View PostMorgoth, on 05 June 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

I can't continue to leave my system open to the elements so you'll need to wait another turn I'm afraid.

Tatts, may I borrow New Albion? If Nico will play Diplomacy next round and then Morgoth Technology thereafter.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3679 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

View PostBlend, on 05 June 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

Gnaw - are you just holding off on making your move as punishment for everyone else making YOU wait? If so, can we just move on please? :lol:

sorry slept in
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3680 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostGnaw, on 05 June 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 05 June 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

I can't continue to leave my system open to the elements so you'll need to wait another turn I'm afraid.

Tatts, may I borrow New Albion? If Nico will play Diplomacy next round and then Morgoth Technology thereafter.

Instead of hemming me in at the start why didn't you just ask? I would've moved my ships and it'd have been easier on us both.

Now I only have 1 tactical action left to me.

Do you need New Albion this turn or can I move my ships out start of next turn. Gracefully

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

29 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users