• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3261 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

Yeah as of right now all my vote are for the economic initiative directive. I thought you did a vote count earlier. Between yours, gnaws and Tappers committed votes and the fact that both Khell, and I are committed to the other I think you have enough to pass it. I'll double check the math to be sure though
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3262 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Twelve. One vote.

Think of how disappointed you will be if Tatts’ ships don’t go BOOM!

I'm going to do a vote check. If I think it's needed I'll throw in a few.

#3263 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, I think if both you and Khell are putting your votes in Economic Initiative, then it shouldn't be a problem either way. So above deal is what I offer. Agreed?

Twelve, I will show you another Action Card you may find more useful than the one I showed you. Let me know which of the two you would like.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3264 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Alright, alright..

So, Twelve:

I trade an Action Card to you in exchange for the one you've shown me and will give you the 2TGs from Production Biomes next round. Agreed?

Gnaw:

I give you my Trade Agreement PN, a promise of non-agression for one round, and promise to refresh my commodities in exchange for the Naalu token PN which I promise to use in the upcoming round. Agreed?

Agreed.

#3265 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Alright, alright..

So, Twelve:

I trade an Action Card to you in exchange for the one you've shown me and will give you the 2TGs from Production Biomes next round. Agreed?

Gnaw:

I give you my Trade Agreement PN, a promise of non-agression for one round, and promise to refresh my commodities in exchange for the Naalu token PN which I promise to use in the upcoming round. Agreed?

Agreed
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3266 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

Why are we trusting Khell to do anything at this point?

Anything that helps us is counterproductive to his goals, no?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3267 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

True, but for it to be an issue, Twelve would have to vote AGAINST the Wormhole objective alongside Khell, if I did the maths right, and I trust that Twelve will do as he has said, he has yet to betray our alliance.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3268 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Twelve - lemme know which action card you want of the two I've shown you and I'll send D'rek a PN to confirm our trade.

#3269 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:34 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

True, but for it to be an issue, Twelve would have to vote AGAINST the Wormhole objective alongside Khell, if I did the maths right, and I trust that Twelve will do as he has said, he has yet to betray our alliance.

Ah. Okey. I thought we were looking at trusting him to throw votes at the TG agenda. If he’s AGAINST ours then we know he can’t fuck it up for us except by accident. Oh shit. It’s Khell. He’s really good at fucking things up by accident!

#3270 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Ah. Okey. I thought we were looking at trusting him to throw votes at the TG agenda. If he’s AGAINST ours then we know he can’t fuck it up for us except by accident. Oh shit. It’s Khell. He’s really good at fucking things up by accident!

Yes, well, there's always a chance that someone's gonna fuck everything up - it's happened to me like three times so far this game - but I think that without support from pretty much everyone that's not you, I, or Tapper that can vote, he can't fuck over the Wormhole vote at this point (unless there's an action card we haven't seen out there that can do something we haven't seen yet)

#3271 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

Blend 6 total 5 for wormhole
Khell 12 total 0 for/against wormhole
Morgoth 11 can't vote
IH 11 not sure where committed
Tapper 12 total 11 for wormhole
Tattersail 7 would like it to fail
Twelve 17 total 0 for/against wormhole
Gnaw 11 total 10? For wormhole
Nico 3 total not sure where committed.

So by my count we have 26 committed to passing the wormhole directive. If Tatts, IH and Nico put all their votes to against, which will cost them a fleet token which Nico can't afford to do and I'm pretty sure IH doesn't want either, that would be 20 against.

Unless I'm way off on my assumptions I think you guys are winning this in a landslide already without me chipping in.

#3272 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:43 PM

Because if he votes against he is down to just 1 fleet token. If he wants to win he can't afford to have that small of a fleet. His command ship is good but not that good. And didn't someone buy his votes? If they did it's binding.

#3273 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:43 PM

Yeah, plus IH can't vote on the Wormhole agenda cause he placed the Rider on it, so it's very unlikely that anyone can screw the vote. So no need to chip in Twelve, sorry, wasn't mathing properly earlier.

#3274 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:47 PM

Blend. I will accept the new card. Thanks.

#3275 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Yeah, plus IH can't vote on the Wormhole agenda cause he placed the Rider on it, so it's very unlikely that anyone can screw the vote. So no need to chip in Twelve, sorry, wasn't mathing properly earlier.

Yup forgot about this. You guys have this locked up.

#3276 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

Alright, I've PM'd D'rek about both trades.

Thanks guys, nice doing business with you! :headbang:

#3277 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:54 PM

My pleasure and good luck. I hope it helps.

#3278 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

My pleasure and good luck. I hope it helps.

I guess we shall see how things go - hopefully someone doesn't decide to sabotage me, plus holding what I'm hoping to take after I take it is also a concern of mine.

#3279 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Twelve - just so it's clear, you won't get the TGs from Production Biomes until I actually activate it as a Strategic Action during the upcoming round.

#3280 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

Trade blend action card for action card and production biomes 2 trade goods

This is not a very clear way of writing it (reads like it could be an AC, production biomes, and 2 additional trade goods), and the production biomes doesn't happen until a later phase so it is non-binding and misleading to write it here.

I'll update the PM AC lists in a bit.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

22 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users