• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3241 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

D’rek: latest player cards in post 2 of the game thread. Are those up to date?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3242 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 31 May 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 31 May 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Lol, if this much-heralded action card doesn't say 'Eliminate three players of your choosing and gain 5VPs' I'm going to be sorely underwhelmed.

It’s the build one cruiser card. Blend is getting a little desperate.

I am in no way desperate, I was just trying to figure out the best way to play it properly.

That’s what someone desperate would say!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3243 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Mine is correct.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3244 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

I would also like to confirm a couple of deals that I tried to make last night:

Twelve - I really want that action card you showed me. If you're not interested in the one I showed you, would you take the 2 TGs from my Production Biomes for it instead?

Gnaw - I know you said you want to have your Naalu token this round for yourself, but I'll reiterate that I'm willing to give you my trade agreement with a promise to refresh this round and a non-agression pact with you for this round for it. I've a plan for this round, and I'd really like to be at the top of the round to ensure I can do what I want to do before the opportunity is lost. If this isn't enough, is there something else I can do to sweeten the pot?

Fuck it. Ok.
And if you come through that wormhole at me my mission this game will be to end you...

Wow, I really didn't think I'd get it from you.

So deal made then?

D'rek, is it possible to do this trade now, during the agenda phase?

Yes, you can trade PNs in the agenda phase.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3245 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

I think they're all accurate/up-to-date. Anything you were thinking was wrong?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3246 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:24 PM

View PostD, on 31 May 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Twelve - I really want that action card you showed me. If you're not interested in the one I showed you, would you take the 2 TGs from my Production Biomes for it instead?

Gnaw - I know you said you want to have your Naalu token this round for yourself, but I'll reiterate that I'm willing to give you my trade agreement with a promise to refresh this round and a non-agression pact with you for this round for it. I've a plan for this round, and I'd really like to be at the top of the round to ensure I can do what I want to do before the opportunity is lost. If this isn't enough, is there something else I can do to sweeten the pot?

Fuck it. Ok.
And if you come through that wormhole at me my mission this game will be to end you...

So deal made then?

So, Gnaw, can we make it official then?

My Trade Agreement PN, a promise to refresh my commodities this round, and a 1-round pact of non-agression in exchange for the Naalu token PN.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3247 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostD, on 31 May 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Fuck it. Ok.

So deal made then?

So, Gnaw, can we make it official then?

My Trade Agreement PN, a promise to refresh my commodities this round, and a 1-round pact of non-agression in exchange for the Naalu token PN.

Agreed.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3248 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 31 May 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 31 May 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Lol, if this much-heralded action card doesn't say 'Eliminate three players of your choosing and gain 5VPs' I'm going to be sorely underwhelmed.

It’s the build one cruiser card. Blend is getting a little desperate.

I am in no way desperate, I was just trying to figure out the best way to play it properly.

I'm assuming it's an elaborate ploy to make me so curious I steal it :)

The Yssasiril watch :headbang:

#3249 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

View PostD, on 31 May 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

I think they're all accurate/up-to-date. Anything you were thinking was wrong?

Didn’t think any were wrong. Was just curious.

#3250 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 04:07 AM, said:

Sorry no. But if you want me to use it for you the offer is on the table.

I now see what you were saying here... It probably WOULD work better if we worked in tandem for this. Particularly if you are right before me in initiative order.

Alright, you keep the card, and if you're willing to play it for me where I ask you, I'd be willing to give you the 2 TGs from Production Biomes in this upcoming round. How does that sound?

Cool I like this better. I assume you want me to use it as my first action but if you get zero initiative I don't see how I can go before you.

Yeah, I'm working through possibilities at the moment...

Would you be willing to throw 1 vote on FOR wormhole, trade the Action Cards, AND I'll give you the Production Biomes? I know that means only 1 TG for you when I use it, but it's still a TG.

If you'd be willing to do that above, I'd be able to use the Naalu token to go first, then use the action card immediately and do what I would be using that action card to do at the same time.

Thoughts?

No vote for but I'll trade the action card for the 2 trade goods and because you will have to discard an action card anyway, any card you don't really want would be nice but not necessary.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3251 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

I now see what you were saying here... It probably WOULD work better if we worked in tandem for this. Particularly if you are right before me in initiative order.

Alright, you keep the card, and if you're willing to play it for me where I ask you, I'd be willing to give you the 2 TGs from Production Biomes in this upcoming round. How does that sound?

Cool I like this better. I assume you want me to use it as my first action but if you get zero initiative I don't see how I can go before you.

Would you be willing to throw 1 vote on FOR wormhole, trade the Action Cards, AND I'll give you the Production Biomes? I know that means only 1 TG for you when I use it, but it's still a TG.

If you'd be willing to do that above, I'd be able to use the Naalu token to go first, then use the action card immediately and do what I would be using that action card to do at the same time.

Thoughts?

No vote for but I'll trade the action card for the 2 trade goods and because you will have to discard an action card anyway, any card you don't really want would be nice but not necessary.

Well, unless I can count on you for one vote, then we might as well go back to you playing the Action Card on your turn in exchange for Biomes as I won't be able to do what I had hoped by having the card in my hand. It's basically gonna mean that I traded for the Naalu token for nothing, but whatever, I can save it for another round.

Are you planning to vote for everyone to get 5TGs on the Economic Initiative?

#3252 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Thoughts?

Well, unless I can count on you for one vote, then we might as well go back to you playing the Action Card on your turn in exchange for Biomes as I won't be able to do what I had hoped by having the card in my hand. It's basically gonna mean that I traded for the Naalu token for nothing, but whatever, I can save it for another round.

No no, no. I’m going to need that the following round.

#3253 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Thoughts?

Well, would you be willing to throw a vote at FOR the Wormhole Initiative?

#3254 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Thoughts?

Well, would you be willing to throw a vote at FOR the Wormhole Initiative?

Wait, nevermind, I forgot your votes are going there anyway!

#3255 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

Why do you need the one vote? I'm sure you have enough already for it. If I thought my votes were needed I would add my weight to it no problem but I don't think you do and I don't want Morgoth to have access to any of my tech if I can help it.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3256 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

I will throw in the one vote i was holding back for the tech planet.

#3257 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Why do you need the one vote? I'm sure you have enough already for it. If I thought my votes were needed I would add my weight to it no problem but I don't think you do and I don't want Morgoth to have access to any of my tech if I can help it.

Because I want to keep Thibah for a tech pre-req for the research, but if I don't use the Thibah vote, we may very well be tied for the wormhole vote.

I hadn't really thought of Morgoth's tech thing, though...

If you're putting all your votes on the Economic Initiative and so is Khell I guess it would probably be safe to do that anyway...

#3258 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

I will throw in the one vote i was holding back for the tech planet.

You sure?

If that's the case, then I will take Twelve's Action Card trade and the Naalu token and use the Naalu token in the upcoming round.

#3259 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:22 PM

Twelve. One vote.

Think of how disappointed you will be if Tatts’ ships don’t go BOOM!

#3260 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

Alright, alright..

So, Twelve:

I trade an Action Card to you in exchange for the one you've shown me and will give you the 2TGs from Production Biomes next round. Agreed?

Gnaw:

I give you my Trade Agreement PN, a promise of non-agression for one round, and promise to refresh my commodities in exchange for the Naalu token PN which I promise to use in the upcoming round. Agreed?

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users