• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3221 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Khell has said he's putting his votes on the other agenda, so if he was telling the truth, that means that we're down to 27 potential votes AGAINST the Wormhole agenda, which is 1 less than FOR if we all actually put the votes we said we'd put there...
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3222 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

I'd still be willing to assign my Production Biomes next round to buy a couple of extra votes on the FOR side of that agenda, just in case there's some treachery. Anyone interested?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3223 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'd still be willing to assign my Production Biomes next round to buy a couple of extra votes on the FOR side of that agenda, just in case there's some treachery. Anyone interested?

Not me
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3224 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

You realise you’re losing a token when you vote against right?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3225 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

I would also like to confirm a couple of deals that I tried to make last night:

Twelve - I really want that action card you showed me. If you're not interested in the one I showed you, would you take the 2 TGs from my Production Biomes for it instead?

Gnaw - I know you said you want to have your Naalu token this round for yourself, but I'll reiterate that I'm willing to give you my trade agreement with a promise to refresh this round and a non-agression pact with you for this round for it. I've a plan for this round, and I'd really like to be at the top of the round to ensure I can do what I want to do before the opportunity is lost. If this isn't enough, is there something else I can do to sweeten the pot?

#3226 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:33 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Twelve - I really want that action card you showed me. If you're not interested in the one I showed you, would you take the 2 TGs from my Production Biomes for it instead?

Gnaw - I know you said you want to have your Naalu token this round for yourself, but I'll reiterate that I'm willing to give you my trade agreement with a promise to refresh this round and a non-agression pact with you for this round for it. I've a plan for this round, and I'd really like to be at the top of the round to ensure I can do what I want to do before the opportunity is lost. If this isn't enough, is there something else I can do to sweeten the pot?

Fuck it. Ok.
And if you come through that wormhole at me my mission this game will be to end you...
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3227 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 04:07 AM, said:

Sorry no. But if you want me to use it for you the offer is on the table.

I now see what you were saying here... It probably WOULD work better if we worked in tandem for this. Particularly if you are right before me in initiative order.

Alright, you keep the card, and if you're willing to play it for me where I ask you, I'd be willing to give you the 2 TGs from Production Biomes in this upcoming round. How does that sound?

#3228 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 31 May 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

Wait - IH has 3 space docks already built, that means he's out of Space Dock tokens, right? Doesn't that mean he can't build another one anyway?

Huh, I had not realised that we had a limit on the number of each unit we could build but that makes total sense.

So yes I can't build another space dock. I guess I can't move it either?

I guess the rider is played now unless I can discard it instead of my regular discard Drek?

Chalk it up to the learning experience.

You only have 3 "plastic" space dock pieces, but you can still choose to use the card effect to build one - if you do, you'll have to destroy one of your existing space docks to free up the plastic piece to place the new one.

(Same goes for anytime someone builds a ship and they don't have any pieces left to build it with)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3229 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

Fuck it. Ok.
And if you come through that wormhole at me my mission this game will be to end you...

Wow, I really didn't think I'd get it from you.

So deal made then?

#3230 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:41 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

Fuck it. Ok.

Wow, I really didn't think I'd get it from you.

So deal made then?

D'rek, is it possible to do this trade now, during the agenda phase?

#3231 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Blend - 6 votes
Khell - 12 votes
Morgoth - 11 votes
IH - 11 votes
Tapper - 12 votes
Tatts - 7 votes
Twelve - 17 votes (!)
Gnaw - 11 votes
Nico - 3 votes

-----

If myself, Gnaw and Tapper throw all our votes at FOR the wormhole agenda, that makes 6+12+11 = 29 votes
IH can't vote on it, so that leaves...
12+11+7+17+3 = 50 votes that could go otherwise...

So, Khell, Morgoth, Tatts, Twelve, Nico - what are your plans?

Morgoth can't vote and with me putting everything on the economic agenda you guys get your for vote to go through regardless of what everyone else is doing.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3232 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Sure. Give them to me so I can't sway the vote.

#3233 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

I'll do it for the action card as Nico would get half of trade goods even though I want the trade goods more.

#3234 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

LoL - patiently waiting for Twelve to get through all my posts. LoL

#3235 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

I now see what you were saying here... It probably WOULD work better if we worked in tandem for this. Particularly if you are right before me in initiative order.

Alright, you keep the card, and if you're willing to play it for me where I ask you, I'd be willing to give you the 2 TGs from Production Biomes in this upcoming round. How does that sound?

Cool I like this better. I assume you want me to use it as my first action but if you get zero initiative I don't see how I can go before you.

#3236 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

At work so shouldn't even be texting. But whatever. I'm willing to use the card when and where you want Blend just let me know and I'll pull the trigger. I'll gladly take the 2-1 trade good for the service of using it on your behalf. (Damn pirates)

#3237 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Cool I like this better. I assume you want me to use it as my first action but if you get zero initiative I don't see how I can go before you.

Yeah, I'm working through possibilities at the moment...

Would you be willing to throw 1 vote on FOR wormhole, trade the Action Cards, AND I'll give you the Production Biomes? I know that means only 1 TG for you when I use it, but it's still a TG.

If you'd be willing to do that above, I'd be able to use the Naalu token to go first, then use the action card immediately and do what I would be using that action card to do at the same time.

Thoughts?

#3238 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

Lol, if this much-heralded action card doesn't say 'Eliminate three players of your choosing and gain 5VPs' I'm going to be sorely underwhelmed.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3239 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 31 May 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Lol, if this much-heralded action card doesn't say 'Eliminate three players of your choosing and gain 5VPs' I'm going to be sorely underwhelmed.

It’s the build one cruiser card. Blend is getting a little desperate.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3240 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 31 May 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 31 May 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

It’s the build one cruiser card. Blend is getting a little desperate.

I am in no way desperate, I was just trying to figure out the best way to play it properly.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

26 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users