• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3121 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

Gnaw you can complete the expand borders objective, why wouldn't you do that?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3122 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 May 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Of course, given the deal with IH is off, this may all be moot - if I don't have to cease fire on him, then I probably will go after him and keep our alliance intact, for another round at least.

I mean do you really want to get in a conflict with me? I've got enough action cards and forces that I can make any offensive against me extremely punishing, sure you may eventually win but you'll have to be constantly guarding your back against me for the rest of the game. As it stands I have no motivation to attack you, you aren't the points leader or likely to be and I have your support for the throne, so any attack is going to cost me VP.

On the other hand you have twelve whose forces are stretched across the galaxy and is a major threat to many and most likely to grab the points lead after khell. His ability to counter attack is going to be severely limited as I'm sure he's going to have to deal with morgoth eager for tech, and Nico is surely going to be at the least distracting. Why not move against the real threat? I've also been thinking on how to move against twelve and khell and make sure the game lasts long enough for me to have a chance at the win.

@ Blend.

I will shift my firepower and action cards also toward you if you go through IH. I have some nasty suprises coming for certain....

12 is the objective and given time we should be able
Pierce his stretched empire. He will probably be focusing on me again this turn and concentrated effort to rip apart his empire by a few of us will do wonders.

He will not be able to keep going offensive. This plus a unknown like tatts we can keep his mighty empire at bay...

I mean he could move right on to tatts through his backdoor this turn.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#3123 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Gnaw you can complete the expand borders objective, why wouldn't you do that?

Because I'm an idiot nd was thinking it was 6 systems....

Thanks.

Edit: now I’m not in last place by myself.

Just tied for it. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 30 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3124 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 30 May 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 May 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Of course, given the deal with IH is off, this may all be moot - if I don't have to cease fire on him, then I probably will go after him and keep our alliance intact, for another round at least.

I mean do you really want to get in a conflict with me? I've got enough action cards and forces that I can make any offensive against me extremely punishing, sure you may eventually win but you'll have to be constantly guarding your back against me for the rest of the game. As it stands I have no motivation to attack you, you aren't the points leader or likely to be and I have your support for the throne, so any attack is going to cost me VP.

On the other hand you have twelve whose forces are stretched across the galaxy and is a major threat to many and most likely to grab the points lead after khell. His ability to counter attack is going to be severely limited as I'm sure he's going to have to deal with morgoth eager for tech, and Nico is surely going to be at the least distracting. Why not move against the real threat? I've also been thinking on how to move against twelve and khell and make sure the game lasts long enough for me to have a chance at the win.

@ Blend.

I will shift my firepower and action cards also toward you if you go through IH. I have some nasty suprises coming for certain....

12 is the objective and given time we should be able
Pierce his stretched empire. He will probably be focusing on me again this turn and concentrated effort to rip apart his empire by a few of us will do wonders.

He will not be able to keep going offensive. This plus a unknown like tatts we can keep his mighty empire at bay...

I mean he could move right on to tatts through his backdoor this turn.

Thing is, Twelve and I have had a mutually beneficial alliance throughout this game. You shifting your firepower at me only ensures that Twelve will be able to destroy you instead of maybe only doing a bit of damage. I have to think of myself here, if I go after Twelve, I lose a pretty powerful shield. That only really leaves me IH to go after as the moment I pop up on the other side of the wormhole (not the one Tatts just placed, but the original one) Gnaw's got like 3 PDS's pointed at me, so there's no point in me going that way.

As it stands, about the only other option I have is Khell through the wormhole that Tapper placed.

Realistically, why would I turn my back on Twelve now when he's going to need me the most as you all eye him hungrily?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3125 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:41 PM

@ Blend : That’s kind of what I figured your his support toward his victory.

Gotcha.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#3126 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:42 PM

Anyhow I really got to finish packing .. SEEYA Tuesday.

#3127 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

As I told Twelve, I *WILL* have to turn on him eventually if I want to have any chance of actually winning this game, but considering you're all threatening me now, I'm thinking less and less that it will be this round that it happens.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3128 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

@ Tatts.

Btw if I get knocked out by 12 this round you both lose -1VP.

So have at him!

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 30 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

#3129 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

Nico, can you post your status phase action before you bail?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3130 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:18 PM

I posted it for him. But it will be a couple hours until I can get to a proper computer to update the map and post the start of agenda phase.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3131 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

That is a neat Action Card Tatts

#3132 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

So does it just affect Tatts or everyone?

#3133 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 May 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

So does it just affect Tatts or everyone?

Just Tatts I believe.

#3134 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Nevermind it's just him

This post has been edited by twelve: 30 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

#3135 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

Hey Gnaw - you still have that 0 token PN on you? Any chance we could make some kind of deal wherein I get that?

#3136 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 30 May 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

My trade PN twice
Ceasefire PN if/when I get it back
Votes on 2 agendas of your choice
You can put the wormhole were you want (that is non threatening to my homeworld) in a status round of your choice, except next one as that is Tappers' choice.

Ah man. I was looking forward to blowing up tatts ships. Bummer.

I was looking forward to a tech.
On the other hand, I also get a status quo on this agenda while quite a few other players lose a CT - that is, unless Gnaw, Blend, you and I can reach a concensus? I do think we have the votes to get a FOR through?

I’m all in on FOR.

How are we stacking up on this?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3137 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostGnaw, on 30 May 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 30 May 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

My trade PN twice
Ceasefire PN if/when I get it back
Votes on 2 agendas of your choice
You can put the wormhole were you want (that is non threatening to my homeworld) in a status round of your choice, except next one as that is Tappers' choice.

Ah man. I was looking forward to blowing up tatts ships. Bummer.

I was looking forward to a tech.
On the other hand, I also get a status quo on this agenda while quite a few other players lose a CT - that is, unless Gnaw, Blend, you and I can reach a concensus? I do think we have the votes to get a FOR through?

I’m all in on FOR.

How are we stacking up on this?

Will discuss once it's officially agenda phase and we know what Morgoth's rider is.

#3138 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:32 PM

Evil laugh

#3139 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:33 PM

Though at this point, I assume he's gonna put it on FOR wormhole.

#3140 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:12 AM

View PostBlend, on 30 May 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Though at this point, I assume he's gonna put it on FOR wormhole.

He is indeed. I'll have it posted soon.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

23 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users