• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3061 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Tapper time to decide.

The empty space hex next to Moll Primus, please.
If that is not allowed, then Lazar-Sakulag.

Too close to letting people in my back door. Lazar-Sakulag it is.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3062 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Just to be clear ceasefire PN swap would get my votes for, otherwise I'd just be ditching economic equality. And I'd be holding the trade PN until after you production biomes me to minimise Nico looting assuming that's ok. I assume refreshing trade PNs would be taken as read.

#3063 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

Gah. Damn work stuff is goin down and can't really chat.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3064 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Just to be clear ceasefire PN swap would get my votes for, otherwise I'd just be ditching economic equality. And I'd be holding the trade PN until after you production biomes me to minimise Nico looting assuming that's ok. I assume refreshing trade PNs would be taken as read.

Not interested in a game long ceasefire, unfortunately. I can pick away at Twelve, but I don't hold any illusions that I'll be able to hold anything from him for very long unless he's too busy dealing with others. I'm eventually going to have to turn back your way.

I'll agree to a two-round ceasefire (without PN exchange), my trade agreement and production biomes next round if you swap out Economic Initiative and throw at least half your votes on FOR the Wormhole agenda.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3065 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 May 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

Not interested in a game long ceasefire, unfortunately. I can pick away at Twelve, but I don't hold any illusions that I'll be able to hold anything from him for very long unless he's too busy dealing with others. I'm eventually going to have to turn back your way.

I'll agree to a two-round ceasefire (without PN exchange), my trade agreement and production biomes next round if you swap out Economic Initiative and throw at least half your votes on FOR the Wormhole agenda.

Ok that's fair I guess. Ceasefire for two rounds would be acceptable, if you include one of your votes as directed by me on an agenda of my choice. It will also be in my interests to hamper twelve to keep you from attacking me.

#3066 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 May 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

Ok that's fair I guess. Ceasefire for two rounds would be acceptable, if you include one of your votes as directed by me on an agenda of my choice. It will also be in my interests to hamper twelve to keep you from attacking me.

Sure, I'll give you 1 of my 6 votes....
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3067 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

Lazar-Sakulag? Come on, you were just at Quann, like two doors down. Don't you people want to see a different part of the galaxy for a change?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3068 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

@ Twelve:

PDS' at the ready! They're coming for us!

#3069 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Ok sorry tatts taking the deal with blend.

#3070 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:24 PM

I count opening a wormhole in MY space an act of aggression Tatts, where is your honour?

#3071 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

Oh actually just checked my PM's D'rek tells me I'm too late to play that card! my mistake

#3072 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

Sorry for the wasted negotiations :D I thought I'd done well there.

#3073 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

@ D'rek:

I edited my pass post to include the Spec Ops resynthesised after the carrier blew up, as I've just seen you added that. I don't know if you included them in your latest map update (I have no idea how many were left on Jord)?

#3074 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 May 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

I count opening a wormhole in MY space an act of aggression Tatts, where is your honour?

Come on man, my ships won't be able to get there or be around there at all.

#3075 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 29 May 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 29 May 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 29 May 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

I passed.

Morgoth, Tapper. One of you is going to have to take the politics card. I need a different one. That wormhole gambit fucked my plans: completely wasted 2 tokens on it.

Urgh.

A. Both Morghy and I have held up our side of the bargain: you got two #2 picks in a row without any obligations whatsoever up until this round, giving you arguably the best deal of all three of us.
B. Now one of us has to take Politics again (it is a good card, no doubt, but it does deny choice) while you can have a third pick for whatever you need, again?
B2: I hope you realize that neither of us has to take Politics. We only have to if we want to continue this mutually beneficial deal, which right now, seems way less beneficial to us than to you.
C. The table will demand that the other one of us takes Imperial to keep it from Khell, and I think we're at a stage where they do have a point.
D. And you don't even ask. You just tell us what we have to do. Seriously?

With regards to B and B2: we approach a point where we need to assess if we want to renew our deal.
Even if one of does pick up Politics, how can we trust you to hold up your side of the bargain when you tell us to our face that you don't intend to do so in the original version?

Finally: the reason you need a different strategy card is because you you were seizing an opportunity that didn't pay off. That can happen.
You were not under attack (like Nico) and neither you were the victim of something out of left field threatening your game plan and board state (like Tatts).
Why not just put your 2 CTs in tactical, hope we get 5 TGs for the Economic Equality Directive and spend them all on Leadership? I am more than willing to trade additional TG for one of your PNs if the Directive does grant 5 TG.

If I grab Technology I can research x-89. Morgoth can attack me to get that. Then he can take out Rex. Had I got the tech from the agenda I was going to pay whoever had the Technology card to play it first turn then use the secondary for the x-89.

Do you have another idea for taking Rex away from Khell? His troops are obviously a pita to take out.

And if I were to grab Technology, I can research X89 next turn as well. (Dacxive for the votes, Neural and X89 for the Primary of Technology).
It could then also be Morgoth's, within a turn.

As for how to deal with Khell:
Twelve, Blend and IH all have the research pre-requisites for X89, it could be theirs with the secondary.
Tatts I think is capable of researching the War Suns next turn (no clue if he could afford building them) which will allow him to bombard Khell.

Listen, I am not at all opposed to you taking Mecatol. But I do think you can afford to wait a turn.

The reality simply is that you taking Technology still means Morgoth or I would need to take Imperial to keep Khell from scoring one last poin t with it.

For Morgoth and me both, the next round is one in which we could realistically expect a choice between Leadership, Construction, Technology (6 CT for 6 TG for him) and Imperial (taking one for the team).

In other words, the awesome position you were in the last two rounds. Instead, you state you are going to lock us into a choice.

Like I said: if you need a helping hand to recover an additional CT (if possible through Trade Goods) to make up for your loss of it this round, I am fine lending you a hand - that's what allies are for. But a prerequisite for being an ally is being trustworthy and that means keeping a deal.

Politics it is.
And even with x89 I couldn’t take Rex. I don’t have a ship with bombardment close enough.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3076 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostGnaw, on 30 May 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

I passed.

Morgoth, Tapper. One of you is going to have to take the politics card. I need a different one. That wormhole gambit fucked my plans: completely wasted 2 tokens on it.

Urgh.

A. Both Morghy and I have held up our side of the bargain: you got two #2 picks in a row without any obligations whatsoever up until this round, giving you arguably the best deal of all three of us.
B. Now one of us has to take Politics again (it is a good card, no doubt, but it does deny choice) while you can have a third pick for whatever you need, again?
B2: I hope you realize that neither of us has to take Politics. We only have to if we want to continue this mutually beneficial deal, which right now, seems way less beneficial to us than to you.
C. The table will demand that the other one of us takes Imperial to keep it from Khell, and I think we're at a stage where they do have a point.

With regards to B and B2: we approach a point where we need to assess if we want to renew our deal.
Even if one of does pick up Politics, how can we trust you to hold up your side of the bargain when you tell us to our face that you don't intend to do so in the original version?

Finally: the reason you need a different strategy card is because you you were seizing an opportunity that didn't pay off. That can happen.
You were not under attack (like Nico) and neither you were the victim of something out of left field threatening your game plan and board state (like Tatts).
Why not just put your 2 CTs in tactical, hope we get 5 TGs for the Economic Equality Directive and spend them all on Leadership? I am more than willing to trade additional TG for one of your PNs if the Directive does grant 5 TG.

If I grab Technology I can research x-89. Morgoth can attack me to get that. Then he can take out Rex. Had I got the tech from the agenda I was going to pay whoever had the Technology card to play it first turn then use the secondary for the x-89.

Do you have another idea for taking Rex away from Khell? His troops are obviously a pita to take out.

And if I were to grab Technology, I can research X89 next turn as well. (Dacxive for the votes, Neural and X89 for the Primary of Technology).

Twelve, Blend and IH all have the research pre-requisites for X89, it could be theirs with the secondary.
Tatts I think is capable of researching the War Suns next turn (no clue if he could afford building them) which will allow him to bombard Khell.

Listen, I am not at all opposed to you taking Mecatol. But I do think you can afford to wait a turn.

The reality simply is that you taking Technology still means Morgoth or I would need to take Imperial to keep Khell from scoring one last poin t with it.

For Morgoth and me both, the next round is one in which we could realistically expect a choice between Leadership, Construction, Technology (6 CT for 6 TG for him) and Imperial (taking one for the team).

In other words, the awesome position you were in the last two rounds. Instead, you state you are going to lock us into a choice.

Like I said: if you need a helping hand to recover an additional CT (if possible through Trade Goods) to make up for your loss of it this round, I am fine lending you a hand - that's what allies are for. But a prerequisite for being an ally is being trustworthy and that means keeping a deal.

Politics it is.
And even with x89 I couldn’t take Rex. I don’t have a ship with bombardment close enough.

If people left me alone I'd be willing to research x89 and clear out rex, I wouldn't be able to hold it, and I'd need some assurances that I could pull my ships out afterwards but if it breaks the stalemate I'm happy to do it.

#3077 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 30 May 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

I passed.

Urgh.

Politics it is.

If people left me alone I'd be willing to research x89 and clear out rex, I wouldn't be able to hold it, and I'd need some assurances that I could pull my ships out afterwards but if it breaks the stalemate I'm happy to do it.

Great plan.

Committing genocide on Rex might, *just might* go against that whole Support for the Throne thing you got going on there though.

#3078 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 30 May 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Come on man, my ships won't be able to get there or be around there at all.

You're placing something in my space which I don't like. That's aggressive.

#3079 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

Our deal was 3TGs and Truce next round for all your votes against wormhole directive, yes?

#3080 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

@ Gnaw: did you see my post on how you can still research?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users