Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#2341 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 16 May 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Just so everyone knows, now that Gnaw has fucked over my entire round of planning, I am now UPDATING all my provisionals to take into account that motherfucking asshole move. :)

I think you've just scrawled 'DESTROY GNAW' in large crayon letters over your previous provisionals.

LoL, unfortunately that's going to have to wait until next round at the very least!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2342 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostD, on 16 May 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 16 May 2018 - 04:50 AM, said:

@ Drek are we going to run out of action cards ?

Probably next round, yes.

What happens then? We just don't get action cards anymore?

I'll shuffle the discard pile and/or add additional cards.

I'm thinking of not putting any played/discarded Riders back in, though. You guys don't seem to like them.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2343 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Just so everyone knows, now that Gnaw has fucked over my entire round of planning, I am now UPDATING all my provisionals to take into account that motherfucking asshole move. :)

I love you Gnaw :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2344 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

So does that entire round of provisionals still include attacking me?

Sorry for the delay been a busy day at work, looking at the map now

#2345 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

View Posttwelve, on 16 May 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 16 May 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

oh, already there's drama!

Twelve, we managed to work out a deal for trade last round. What do you think of working out something new for this one?

You agree not to attack me this whole action phase no matter how tempting I may leave myself open for it? I'd also ask for a trade good but by the time you have one to give nico would steal it.

That seems a little excessive for saving me one strategic token. Instead I'd offer to trade you a commodity for a commodity, rather than straight up giving you a trade good. The galaxy is my oyster as it stands, so I am happy to offer you a cease fire for the round.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2346 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 16 May 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

Honestly, it's going to really depend on what YOU do.

You're really my most viable option for invasions at the moment. Make yourself less so and I'll be forced to look elsewhere.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2347 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:27 PM

Hey Twelve - you willing to talk about what you're going to research this round? I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to copy whatever you research, and how that might affect what I can do going forward.

#2348 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 16 May 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 16 May 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 16 May 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

oh, already there's drama!

Twelve, we managed to work out a deal for trade last round. What do you think of working out something new for this one?

You agree not to attack me this whole action phase no matter how tempting I may leave myself open for it? I'd also ask for a trade good but by the time you have one to give nico would steal it.

That seems a little excessive for saving me one strategic token. Instead I'd offer to trade you a commodity for a commodity, rather than straight up giving you a trade good. The galaxy is my oyster as it stands, so I am happy to offer you a cease fire for the round.

I wasn't asking for a commodity nor a trade good as it would just get stolen but a 1 round cease fire is acceptable.Not sure if I was included in your plans or not but having a little more peace of mind weather real or imaginary would be nice.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2349 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Hey Twelve - you willing to talk about what you're going to research this round? I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to copy whatever you research, and how that might affect what I can do going forward.

Thinking cruiser and dread upgrades but may do something like 1 ship and 1 racial or military tech. Still cant decide.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2350 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

Fair enough, I'm going to steal one of your action cards to give you an idea of quite how annoying a war with me is going to be. I almost certainly can't beat anyone on the board in a prolonged fight, but I can probably cripple anyone and make it very difficult for them to come back from.

Pay me the tg I'm owed and we can go back to being friendly neighbours, all is forgiven (I have no real motivation to attack you, it just costs me VP).

#2351 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 16 May 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

Honestly, it's going to really depend on what YOU do.

You're really my most viable option for invasions at the moment. Make yourself less so and I'll be forced to look elsewhere.

Well, I think he made his feelings known in the Yssaril-iest way possible.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2352 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 16 May 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

Fair enough, I'm going to steal one of your action cards to give you an idea of quite how annoying a war with me is going to be. I almost certainly can't beat anyone on the board in a prolonged fight, but I can probably cripple anyone and make it very difficult for them to come back from.

Pay me the tg I'm owed and we can go back to being friendly neighbours, all is forgiven (I have no real motivation to attack you, it just costs me VP).

I mean, I don't need my action cards to hurt you.

For the record, I do still plan to give you the TGs I owe you for your support in that last vote - but likely going to be using my Production Biomes later in the round.

#2353 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

View Posttwelve, on 16 May 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Thinking cruiser and dread upgrades but may do something like 1 ship and 1 racial or military tech. Still cant decide.

I would definitely copy the dread upgrade if you go that way, probably not any of the others unless you go with Transit Diodes.

#2354 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

Sigh... :)
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2355 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

I'm starting to think we're all going to have to make a concerted effort of driving Morgoth into the ground. He's getting quite out of hand.

#2356 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 16 May 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 16 May 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Sure thing tatts, let’s make it so.

Speaking of deals. If I offer you a free refresh can I get a slight reprieve from pillage?

Don't fucking trust him - he offered no pillaging in exchange for my production biomes last turn and went back on that deal. He's nothing but a crook.

Well you never game me the biomes right ?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2357 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 16 May 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 16 May 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 16 May 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Sure thing tatts, let’s make it so.

Speaking of deals. If I offer you a free refresh can I get a slight reprieve from pillage?

Don't fucking trust him - he offered no pillaging in exchange for my production biomes last turn and went back on that deal. He's nothing but a crook.

Well you never game me the biomes right ?

I hadn't fucking played it yet - it was going to be yours until you decided to pillage me instead. I said WHILE we were making the deal that I planned to use it late in the round, and you said that we had a deal, then pillaged me. So fuck you. It's your fault.

#2358 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

How about this blend I’ll stop pillaging you if you trade with me some needed action cards? Will that work for you ?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2359 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

2 v 2, right? Is this battle basically down to RNGeesus?

#2360 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

View PostBlend, on 16 May 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

I'm starting to think we're all going to have to make a concerted effort of driving Morgoth into the ground. He's getting quite out of hand.

It's super easy to tell when Morgoth is planning something against you, because he stops interacting with you on thread :)

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

56 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 56 guests, 0 anonymous users