• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#2161 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

View PostBlend, on 15 May 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 15 May 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 15 May 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 15 May 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 15 May 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Nico are you going to vote Wellon for second agenda?

Vote for Lazar y'all!

Worth anything?

It's not crucial to me to get it, but if you agree to vote for me then Blend might offer you something good in return for your votes on him instead.

Okay, you have my axe (7)

Great!

***Sol diplomat to the Sol ambassador: "Can you believe these dweebs still use axes?!"***

So what, Khell you are throwing your 12 and Tatts' 7 at Lazar for Cybernetic?

If you're gonna be like that, I will pull my 6 votes and, if they will follow, Tapper's 5 and IH's 4 and stick them on Zohbat for first agenda.

Or against? Whatever side is opposite from where you currently claim to be standing....

Reading from phone on the bus so gonna have to wait til I get in to work to really decipher where everyone claims their votes are.

I'm not bothered where the second agenda goes to be honest, doesn't Thibah already have a yellow prerequisite?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2162 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

Vote for Lazar y'all!

Worth anything?

It's not crucial to me to get it, but if you agree to vote for me then Blend might offer you something good in return for your votes on him instead.

Great!

***Sol diplomat to the Sol ambassador: "Can you believe these dweebs still use axes?!"***

If you're gonna be like that, I will pull my 6 votes and, if they will follow, Tapper's 5 and IH's 4 and stick them on Zohbat for first agenda.

Or against? Whatever side is opposite from where you currently claim to be standing....

Reading from phone on the bus so gonna have to wait til I get in to work to really decipher where everyone claims their votes are.

I no longer care which way (any) of the votes go, but I do want to make people work for them. So for example, I will put all 12 of my votes on Zohbat unless Twelve goes through with his pledges to the people whose votes he wants. In that case, I will put all 12 of my votes on Lazar, unless you can offer either myself or Tatts something nice so as not to do that. I don't know what Tatts would like. I'm happy to receive my Trade Agreement PN back.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2163 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Vote for Lazar y'all!

Worth anything?

Great!

I'm not bothered where the second agenda goes to be honest, doesn't Thibah already have a yellow prerequisite?

It has a blue req, actually.

If you would prefer to keep Morgoth from getting tech from his galactic threat, I would suggest voting Thibah.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2164 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

No way, screw that, I can't afford to be paying off half the board to get a small vote to go my way.

I would much rather let the first vote shake out however it shakes out and ensure I get Thibah with what I currently have. If I feel like it isn't going to go the way I want it to, I will just help the powerful players get stronger so they can wipe you out.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2165 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostBlend, on 15 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

No way, screw that, I can't afford to be paying off half the board to get a small vote to go my way.

I would much rather let the first vote shake out however it shakes out and ensure I get Thibah with what I currently have. If I feel like it isn't going to go the way I want it to, I will just help the powerful players get stronger so they can wipe you out.

Don't worry about it Blend, I'll vote Thibah with you.

#2166 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:34 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 15 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Don't worry about it Blend, I'll vote Thibah with you.

Aww, afraid of not getting your Rider through? And Blend was like thirty seconds from breaking too :killingme:

#2167 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:36 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 15 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 15 May 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 11 May 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Seems like a lots been going on!

Back in civilisation, what have I missed?

My votes up for sale for 2tg/political secrets PN/promise of votes in future agendas.

If you throw a few votes on Thibah for Cybernetic, I'll choose you to receive the 2 TGs from Production Biomes next round.

@ Tatts: here.

That's only 15/17 votes total if they all vote that way, not enough to guarantee outcome especially with Khell also having quite a few votes.

The only reason people are looking at Cybernetic now is because there is no other outcome possible on Colonial Redistribution than Twelve winning it.

Before, Cybernetic would have been a perfectly safe place to stash your rider, because Twelve doesn't care, no other single player has more than 12 votes and Blend eliminated me and IH (12 and 11 respectively) from competing for it by asking us to support him for Thibah. Khell already has a yellow tech planet so he might not be too interested, either, even if he didn't prioritise Colonial Redistribution.

I only acquired the rider during the status phase, before that I did not have a card that would make me care one way or the other as to which agenda to vote on. As I came on this morning I had to place the rider quickly due to the rules about delaying an action card/rider. So I honestly didn't give it too much thought. I just got it down quick.

I like the idea of riders being played before the status phase. To avoid the issue of not knowing that you have a rider until after you draw action cards is to draw them early but don't allow the use of those cards until the status phase unless it's a rider. Thoughts?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2168 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

So how does everyone see their game going? How do you rate your chances of winning, and what would you like to see happen for those chances to increase?

#2169 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

View Posttwelve, on 15 May 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 15 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 15 May 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 11 May 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Seems like a lots been going on!

Back in civilisation, what have I missed?

My votes up for sale for 2tg/political secrets PN/promise of votes in future agendas.

If you throw a few votes on Thibah for Cybernetic, I'll choose you to receive the 2 TGs from Production Biomes next round.

@ Tatts: here.

That's only 15/17 votes total if they all vote that way, not enough to guarantee outcome especially with Khell also having quite a few votes.

The only reason people are looking at Cybernetic now is because there is no other outcome possible on Colonial Redistribution than Twelve winning it.

Before, Cybernetic would have been a perfectly safe place to stash your rider, because Twelve doesn't care, no other single player has more than 12 votes and Blend eliminated me and IH (12 and 11 respectively) from competing for it by asking us to support him for Thibah. Khell already has a yellow tech planet so he might not be too interested, either, even if he didn't prioritise Colonial Redistribution.

I only acquired the rider during the status phase, before that I did not have a card that would make me care one way or the other as to which agenda to vote on. As I came on this morning I had to place the rider quickly due to the rules about delaying an action card/rider. So I honestly didn't give it too much thought. I just got it down quick.

I like the idea of riders being played before the status phase. To avoid the issue of not knowing that you have a rider until after you draw action cards is to draw them early but don't allow the use of those cards until the status phase unless it's a rider. Thoughts?

Status comes before Agenda and riders are placed at the beginning of Agenda. My way was much better, no votes cast or announced until after riders are played. That way people have more of a bargaining chip, or need to make a particular agenda pass.

#2170 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 15 May 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

So how does everyone see their game going? How do you rate your chances of winning, and what would you like to see happen for those chances to increase?

I have just been playing round by round, managing my own little segment of the board, even now with the Galaxy at my door I'm not set on what to do.

#2171 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

I'm really enjoying this game. I don't know how I'm doing - it's weird playing a very non-threatening race when you've got big dicks all over the board. I'm tied for second last with two other people, but I think that I should be able to consistently pump out at least 1 VP per round, which, I guess, means that I need to do something about those of you in the lead... *shrugs*

#2172 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 15 May 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

This is why I think riders should be played before the status phase, if you draw a rider tough luck play it next time.

Or this works to.

#2173 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

Vote for Lazar y'all!

Worth anything?

Great!

What! Hey now! That is sooo not cool! Let's not do something a lot of us will regret.

#2174 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

I rate my chances below 4% because I will likely not acquire tech quickly enough to satisfy those VP-objectives in a timely fashion. My secret objective is not very good for my race, and if there are objectives for trampling some hapless poor mammalians from the other side of the galaxy underneath my iron pincered appendages, they singularly failed to show up yet.

For my chances to increase, I think I will need offense to trump defense.
Right now, ships are so slow that everyone sees attacks coming and fleets will likely face 2 rounds of PDS-fire instead of 1 (because they stop in the adjacent system instead of swooping in quickly).
On top of that, large amounts of ground forces can make most planets fortresses with fairly little production effort, carriers are sluggish and expensive and fleet limit is still fairly low, I think.
Once X89 becomes used by a third of the galaxy, it will make huge amounts of ground forces a waste of money, and when ships are faster, frontlines will become a lot more fluid.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2175 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

I'm constantly astonished that I'm not bottom considering the series of bad moves I've made. I think the chances of me winning are slim to none if the status quo continues. I was trying for a peaceful strategy but it doesn't seem to be paying off and I'm now massively behind on the plastic on the board front.

Hoping I can survive long enough to turn things around! On the plus side my hand of action cards means that even though I'm behind on most things, the small amount of plastic I have on the board is unreasonably effective.

#2176 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

Hey y'all, I'm back.

I will let both the Riders stand. They were played quickly enough.

I agree that in hindsight going for some sort of "you have to submit start of agenda phase effects via PM and the mod announces them all at the start of the agenda phase" -like system would probably have worked better as a house-rule.

I'm not going to change it now, because (IIRC) all of the Riders except 1 have been played anyways. Bear in mind you guys don't have to do any agenda negotiation/vote discussion before the agenda phase starts. I am absolutely okay with the Agenda phase lasting a good 20-30 hours or so each time, if there is good discussion happening in it. In-person games tend to have a lot of discussion during the agenda phases, too, it's not un-TI-like.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2177 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

Is there any more negotiations to do? I'm excited to see how the votes fall for this agenda phase!

#2178 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 15 May 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

I'm constantly astonished that I'm not bottom considering the series of bad moves I've made. I think the chances of me winning are slim to none if the status quo continues. I was trying for a peaceful strategy but it doesn't seem to be paying off and I'm now massively behind on the plastic on the board front.

Hoping I can survive long enough to turn things around! On the plus side my hand of action cards means that even though I'm behind on most things, the small amount of plastic I have on the board is unreasonably effective.

My initial focus was to defense up so I don't get walked all over then worry about points. I think I've done pretty good in that regard as I'm sitting in the middle of the pact in points and have a good solid defense up and running.

#2179 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

View PostBlend, on 15 May 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Is there any more negotiations to do? I'm excited to see how the votes fall for this agenda phase!

Im tapped out and secured 34 votes for not losing my planet plus have already cast my votes. It could be our awesome mod is trying to tally the votes and we just need to be patient.

#2180 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

View Posttwelve, on 15 May 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 15 May 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Im tapped out and secured 34 votes for not losing my planet plus have already cast my votes. It could be our awesome mod is trying to tally the votes and we just need to be patient.

And I haven't voted yet. Give me trade good and PNs and I will submit my votes to D'rek so that the game can progress :killingme:

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

31 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users