• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1581 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:52 AM

Ambassador joker gives you a thumbs up !
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1582 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:21 AM

Also, Nico, you don't get the 2TGs from me until I activate Production Biomes, which I can only do after I have researched it. I currently have 0 TGs.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1583 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:41 AM

Morgoth and ItGnaws - I would like to set up some sort of scheme to keep us in the top half spots for the Speaker token for a while longer - without it falling to me allthe time to take Politics. Are you guys game?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1584 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

Twelve - I would like to line up a deal. D'rek will show you my offer - I am sure it will allow you to spring a surprise here or there.

Our Benevolent Brood Queen Kkim Sardakkian has a solid interest in a Research Agreement (once you retrieve your racial PN).
I can appreciate how you wouldn't want to give me nasty combat stuff like the X-89 Bacterial Weapon or battle ship upgrades, so as a sweetener, I will promise that I'd only use the PN on Duranium Armor (2 red), Assault Cannon (3 red), Fleet Logistics (2 blue), Light/Wave Deflector (3 blue), Transit Diodes (2 yellow) or the upgrades Carrier II (2 blue) or Space Docks II (2 yellow - although I do think that one goes to Nico, now?).

#1585 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

Tapper. Im always open to listen to a deal. I Was going to research space dock upgrades this round but Nico wouldn't commit to actually using the pn so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to research. I would like it back as soon as possible so any help on getting Nico to use it this round would be appreciated
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1586 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

And where is Tatts? He's usually right on top of hus game I'm fairly certain he is going to pop technilogy but there are a few other secondaries played that probably need his input on.

#1587 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Is it my turn? I've been away this weekend. Bank holiday in UK too, weathers scorching hot
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1588 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:27 PM

View PostTapper, on 06 May 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

Morgoth and ItGnaws - I would like to set up some sort of scheme to keep us in the top half spots for the Speaker token for a while longer - without it falling to me allthe time to take Politics. Are you guys game?

Oh, I likes that idea.
Guess that means morgoth or I take it next?

Oh, Morgy; could really use that refresh next go round...

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 06 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1589 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostTapper, on 06 May 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Twelve - I would like to line up a deal. D'rek will show you my offer - I am sure it will allow you to spring a surprise here or there.

Our Benevolent Brood Queen Kkim Sardakkian has a solid interest in a Research Agreement (once you retrieve your racial PN).
I can appreciate how you wouldn't want to give me nasty combat stuff like the X-89 Bacterial Weapon or battle ship upgrades, so as a sweetener, I will promise that I'd only use the PN on Duranium Armor (2 red), Assault Cannon (3 red), Fleet Logistics (2 blue), Light/Wave Deflector (3 blue), Transit Diodes (2 yellow) or the upgrades Carrier II (2 blue) or Space Docks II (2 yellow - although I do think that one goes to Nico, now?).

Hey Tapps make me speaker and I will use this PN this round, otherwise I may just keep holding onto it. I don’t really need space docks 2 I decided.

Really need something else like a war sun would be useful too.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1590 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostD, on 04 April 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

What is this, Tales of the Desert?

Yes.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1591 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

View PostGnaw, on 06 May 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Oh, I likes that idea.

Preferably one of you, yes. Speaker to you this round and you taking Politics next, promoting Tatts to Speaker is the easiest way to success, but I think it's important the three of us plan.

#1592 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 06 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 06 May 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Hey Tapps make me speaker and I will use this PN this round, otherwise I may just keep holding onto it. I don’t really need space docks 2 I decided.

Really need something else like a war sun would be useful too.

Yeah, I'd quite like a couple of war suns, a dreadnaught fleet, some sweet high-level tech, a few dozen trade goods, the first choice in strategy card picks, a couple of really useful action cards, and general agreement with me in the agenda phase.

So Tapper, Twelve, etc., if you could get on that as well, that would be good. Because I really need something like that, okay? Stop messing around.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1593 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

View PostTapper, on 06 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Oh, I likes that idea.

Preferably one of you, yes. Speaker to you this round and you taking Politics next, promoting Tatts to Speaker is the easiest way to success, but I think it's important the three of us plan.

Or, and I’m just throwing it out, you and Morgy rotate it with the understanding that I don’t pick the cards you all want? If we add Tatts, then we run the risk of him taking it and opening bidding for the speaker to all the rest of the lesser species.

#1594 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Twelve, any chance you could make a move while the leisurely Solarians are around? Otherwise they’ll go to bed early and we’ll not see them fair another 20+ hours...

#1595 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

View PostGnaw, on 06 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

Oh, I likes that idea.

Or, and I'm just throwing it out, you and Morgy rotate it with the understanding that I don't pick the cards you all want? If we add Tatts, then we run the risk of him taking it and opening bidding for the speaker to all the rest of the lesser species.

Or, the three of us rotate it and on my turn I make you speaker. I get last pick of cards that way. But I have the '0' tag (once I get my PN back from Blend) and wouldn't be quite so fucked.
If we do a 3 person rotation:
1) you have diplomacy and make me speaker.
2) I am speaker and take Diplomacy. Make you speaker.
3) You are speaker and Morgoth has Diplomacy. Makes me speaker.
4) I am speaker and Tapper has diplomacy. Makes me speaker. Go to 2.

Morgoth never is speaker but is getting to pick essentially second since each of the times he's not taking Diplomacy one of us is.

Btw, we're essentially talking about a pact that leads us to splitting the Empire three ways under the beneficial (to us) rule of one of us, correct?

#1596 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

@ Gnaw I don’t see any of you having suffienct fleets to combat 12s newly minted dread fleet. So good luck with that spitting the empire 3 ways.

#1597 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostGnaw, on 06 May 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Twelve, any chance you could make a move while the leisurely Solarians are around? Otherwise they'll go to bed early and we'll not see them fair another 20+ hours...

Sorry for the delay. I was all set to posts earlier but got dragged away for while unexpectedly. Action is done so it's off to the Solarns to go.

#1598 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

Oh, I likes that idea.

Or, and I’m just throwing it out, you and Morgy rotate it with the understanding that I don’t pick the cards you all want? If we add Tatts, then we run the risk of him taking it and opening bidding for the speaker to all the rest of the lesser species.

The issue mostly is that the Speaker cannot be with the same 2 rounds in a row. So, if you and me alternate the Token, it would put you first on your turns and last on mine, me second in your turns and first on mine, Morghy third on yours and second on mine.

If you feel that's fine and Morghy is okay with taking Politics whenever I do not (every other round) we have a plan, but it is a bit of a strain on all of us and gives us the card we personally want only on half the turns.

If not, then we might need to include Tatts on odd rounds and alternate the token between you and him.
That has the risk of him picking Politics to break the cycle. It also diminishes the advantage for Morgoth of this set-up. But, it is better for you, and it allows Morgoth and me to pick the Speaker token less frequently because you can also take it, which benefits me and him both - 2 rounds to select the card we want and a third to take Politics, vs once every two.

For Tatts, the benefit is that he can choose whatever he wants every other round. Now that Mecatol is occupied, that likely won't be Imperial anymore, either - Warfare, Logistics, Diplomacy or Construction seem more likely. Now that he has wormhole tech, the first two really aren't bad and Starpoint New-Albion is a gateway station with good numbers for Diplo.

#1599 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostTapper, on 06 May 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Oh, I likes that idea.

Or, and I'm just throwing it out, you and Morgy rotate it with the understanding that I don't pick the cards you all want? If we add Tatts, then we run the risk of him taking it and opening bidding for the speaker to all the rest of the lesser species.

The issue mostly is that the Speaker cannot be with the same 2 rounds in a row. So, if you and me alternate the Token, it would put you first on your turns and last on mine, me second in your turns and first on mine, Morghy third on yours and second on mine.

If you feel that's fine and Morghy is okay with taking Politics whenever I do not (every other round) we have a plan, but it is a bit of a strain on all of us and gives us the card we personally want only on half the turns.

If not, then we might need to include Tatts on odd rounds and alternate the token between you and him.
That has the risk of him picking Politics to break the cycle. It also diminishes the advantage for Morgoth of this set-up. But, it is better for you, and it allows Morgoth and me to pick the Speaker token less frequently because you can also take it, which benefits me and him both - 2 rounds to select the card we want and a third to take Politics, vs once every two.

For Tatts, the benefit is that he can choose whatever he wants every other round. Now that Mecatol is occupied, that likely won't be Imperial anymore, either - Warfare, Logistics, Diplomacy or Construction seem more likely. Now that he has wormhole tech, the first two really aren't bad and Starpoint New-Albion is a gateway station with good numbers for Diplo.

Gah. I was saying Diplomacy when I meant Politics. And was so concerned with getting the rotation right that I missed the part about not getting it twice in a row.
Hmmm

#1600 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

Twelve, there's a problem with your turn. You place a CT in the Zohbat-Mellon system for the CONSTRUCTION secondary. Then you activate the same system for a Tactical Action. But you cannot activate a system which already has a CT in it.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

54 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users