• This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1421 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

How are we playing diplomacy? Card as written or house rule? I'm still foggy on how IH's play of it got resolved.

I believe D'rek said that we will continue using it as it says on the card for this game, and potentially house rule it in the future.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1422 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Blend that pn has some risk associated with it that I'm not willing to take on at the moment. What else do you have?

How's about you take that PN and I promise not to use the swathe of Action Cards I have to fuck with your access to money instead of using them on Khell?

We have had a mutually beneficial alliance to this point, I wouldn't want to break that over a space dock and PDS that you can likely just get on another round anyway.

Sorry for trying to follow your example and try to get the best deal possible for myself.

No need to apologize, but let's be honest here - I've been helping to ensure that you're able to keep Khell in check. That can change real quick via my action cards, and the moment you attack me, you go from being able to trade with everyone to only being able to trade with myself, Nico and Khell.

I think it remains in your interest to work with me to retain your economic dominance over Khell, and I will continue to help you on that front, in exchange for a little help on my part!

Work against me, however, and there WILL be sanctions. I'd much rather not break our alliance, but I'm not going to cripple myself for you.

Nor would I cripple myself for you. Of the cards remaining Construction is my best choice. And frankly you would benefit from having 3 pds in a system that can help defend you that get 1 extra shot and can hit past fighters first. I'm not against taking something else as Logistics and Diplomacy (especially if we are house ruling it) can be pretty benefical but that pn can hurt me more politically than its worth. Isn't there another pn or action card you could swap that for? If so I would gladly take another strategy and leave you Construction.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1423 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Blend that pn has some risk associated with it that I'm not willing to take on at the moment. What else do you have?

How's about you take that PN and I promise not to use the swathe of Action Cards I have to fuck with your access to money instead of using them on Khell?

We have had a mutually beneficial alliance to this point, I wouldn't want to break that over a space dock and PDS that you can likely just get on another round anyway.

Sorry for trying to follow your example and try to get the best deal possible for myself.

No need to apologize, but let's be honest here - I've been helping to ensure that you're able to keep Khell in check. That can change real quick via my action cards, and the moment you attack me, you go from being able to trade with everyone to only being able to trade with myself, Nico and Khell.

I think it remains in your interest to work with me to retain your economic dominance over Khell, and I will continue to help you on that front, in exchange for a little help on my part!

Work against me, however, and there WILL be sanctions. I'd much rather not break our alliance, but I'm not going to cripple myself for you.

Nor would I cripple myself for you. Of the cards remaining Construction is my best choice. And frankly you would benefit from having 3 pds in a system that can help defend you that get 1 extra shot and can hit past fighters first. I'm not against taking something else as Logistics and Diplomacy (especially if we are house ruling it) can be pretty benefical but that pn can hurt me more politically than its worth. Isn't there another pn or action card you could swap that for? If so I would gladly take another strategy and leave you Construction.

Cripple you?

You can do all that NEXT round and let me get Lodor well protected THIS round and it'll have pretty much zero adverse effects on you.

The only real reason you would NEED Construction this round is if you were worried that I might attack you. It remains in my interest not to attack you so that you can deal with Khell. I can ensure that you continue to retain your economic dominance over Khell, or I can make it a lot more difficult for you.

At this point it's up to you, I don't have anything else I'm really willing to give up. Take the PN I showed you (or don't) and retain our alliance, or take the Construction strategy and I'll do what I can to make it easier for Khell to start picking off planets in your systems.

This post has been edited by Blend: 03 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1424 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

And I've got to get back to work. I'm either taking Logistics or construction if I can't work out a trade with Blend.

#1425 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

How are we playing diplomacy? Card as written or house rule? I'm still foggy on how IH's play of it got resolved.

As written.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1426 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

Blend im not worried about you nor do I have any desire to attack you. I pissed off Nico. He has 2 dreads and a cruiser in striking range. Morgoth gets tech by winning fights. Who has the most tech and is super squishy? Oh thats right! It's me! Plus he has an armada within striking range plus he wants a shit ton of command tokens right away for what I can probably assume is to build a huge ass fleet. Plus he has support for the throne from the 2 other players he can attack leaving me as a logical target. So yeah, passing up on building 2 more pds is what I would consider a crippling move so the fact I'm even willing to consider not taking construction is a huge conssession to our alliance and the fact I want compensation for the addition risk I'm putting myself in is more than reasonable. Add in the fact you can consider my pds yours for any activity in Lodor it actually benefits us both where you taking it only benefits you and me only by having you as a meat shield.

Now given where my head is at and the threats I'm facing am I really asking that much from you for passing up on Construction card?

#1427 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Blend im not worried about you nor do I have any desire to attack you. I pissed off Nico. He has 2 dreads and a cruiser in striking range. Morgoth gets tech by winning fights. Who has the most tech and is super squishy? Oh thats right! It's me! Plus he has an armada within striking range plus he wants a shit ton of command tokens right away for what I can probably assume is to build a huge ass fleet. Plus he has support for the throne from the 2 other players he can attack leaving me as a logical target. So yeah, passing up on building 2 more pds is what I would consider a crippling move so the fact I'm even willing to consider not taking construction is a huge conssession to our alliance and the fact I want compensation for the addition risk I'm putting myself in is more than reasonable. Add in the fact you can consider my pds yours for any activity in Lodor it actually benefits us both where you taking it only benefits you and me only by having you as a meat shield.

Now given where my head is at and the threats I'm facing am I really asking that much from you for passing up on Construction card?

Well, from what I can see, Morgoth would need to upgrade ships to get anything besides his cruiser into one of your hexes, and same goes for Nico - are either of them really threats to you this round? You've got a PDS on Zohbat already, and the Construction secondary would get you another one this round, which would certainly be a deterrent, particularly if I get a PDS onto Lodor. And frankly, you have a bajillion infantry on any of the systems that either of them could reach.

I think you're inflating the threat to more than it actually is.

#1428 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

Well, from what I can see, Morgoth would need to upgrade ships to get anything besides his cruiser into one of your hexes, and same goes for Nico - are either of them really threats to you this round? You've got a PDS on Zohbat already, and the Construction secondary would get you another one this round, which would certainly be a deterrent, particularly if I get a PDS onto Lodor. And frankly, you have a bajillion infantry on any of the systems that either of them could reach.

Further to this, you currently have access to 10 resources via your planets, I have access to 5. I need to be able to take Lodor and ensure that I can keep it if I want to remain competitive in this game, despite my access to more commodities than the rest of you.

#1429 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

*popcorn*
Posted Image
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1430 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

Tapper are we trading commodities? How many? I’m up for 3 for 3 for simplicity’s sake.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1431 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

Further to this, you currently have access to 10 resources via your planets, I have access to 5. I need to be able to take Lodor and ensure that I can keep it if I want to remain competitive in this game, despite my access to more commodities than the rest of you.

They may have action cards that allow them to move fleets farther than normal. I'm not sure I can risk it.

But hey it doesn't hurt to ask. Morgoth, Nico, either one of you have plans of attacking me this round?

If not Morgoth what are the chances I get the free commodities refresh? Nico what tech do you want me to research? Is there a deal I can make with either of you to prevent an attack on one of my held systems this next round?

#1432 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

My suspicion is that Morgoth will attack me. *shrug*

#1433 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:57 PM

@ 12: Research bacterial weapon
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1434 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:01 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 03 May 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

I wish. What about dreads II?

#1435 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:09 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 03 May 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

I wish. What about dreads II?

B-I-O W-E-A-P-O-N

Compliance is Mandatory. Figure it out.

You asked.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1436 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:21 PM

Well it won't be for a round or 2 before I can get to them. I was hoping there was something else you were looking for that
might fall more into my goals as well. But if you are willing to wait that's fine too.

#1437 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

Well it won't be for a round or 2 before I can get to them. I was hoping there was something else you were looking for that
might fall more into my goals as well. But if you are willing to wait that's fine too.

It’s good just keep giving me the PN back, works for me.

#1438 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Well Blend, I don't want to hold everyone else up any longer. I have one last proposal for you if you accept then I'll take Logistics else either counter or I'm taking Construction.
Offer is We swap trade agreement pns and you throw in that earlier pn and I'll take Logistics. You can place a turn or 2 restriction before I can cash in on it but you can cash mine in the next time I get a free refresh. That is a net cost of 2 trade goods not due for 2 rounds. Is this acceptable?

#1439 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 03 May 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

As long as you are still willing to pay a higher and higher price for it.

#1440 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 03 May 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

As long as you are still willing to pay a higher and higher price for it.

@ Blend: Nice neighbor you got here. Have fun with that.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users