Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1301 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 03 May 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

Isn't Blend the only one who can trade Action cards?

I was under the impression anyone could trade ACs like goods and PNs - is that not so?

As it is one of my racial abilities I assume not.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1302 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

what are we waiting for, do you guys know? I haven't been paying attention.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1303 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

I was under the impression anyone could trade ACs like goods and PNs - is that not so?

How exactly does it work?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1304 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:08 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 03 May 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

what are we waiting for, do you guys know? I haven't been paying attention.

D'rek to come on and tally the votes I guess, as long as everyone's submitted.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1305 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 03 May 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

It just says that I can trade action cards. I will copy the actual text over when I get to work. Or you can Google ti4 race sheets and find the Hacan race sheet to see for yourself.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1306 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

It just says that I can trade action cards. I will copy the actual text over when I get to work. Or you can Google ti4 race sheets and find the Hacan race sheet to see for yourself.

I posted a link to all the race sheets at the very start of this thread
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1307 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 May 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

Damn I just tallied the votes. If Blend, IH, Nico, and Tatts all voted all their votes against stp and you and I vote for it we come up 2 short of getting it to pass. 26-27 Never mind. I'm not going into debt when I don't even end up with what I need to have happen.

Would you be willing to throw a few vote for compensated disarmament my way for Everra?

IH since I just can't get the votes to pass stp would you be willing to send votes for compensated disarmament on Everra? Right now it sounds like Khell is throwing his votes towards Nico's homeworld. I think both you and I would not be happy to see Nico gain the benefit of the trade goods?

Oh for...

Here I am, practically willing to give away my votes for nothing, and yet you somehow get the idea that I've chosen to do something else, and are bartering with people whose votes you need on the second agenda!

The second agenda isn't going to pass. I likely need both Tapper and IH to get it passed and they both backed out. So since I am likely screwed I'm trying to make some lemonade.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1308 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 03 May 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

I posted a link to all the race sheets at the very start of this thread

I've seen it and read it...

Spoiler

What I mean, how does it work when Morgoth and I want to trade an action card with you as the arbiter?

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 03 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

#1309 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

From the sounds of it, anyone can trade action cards with Blend, rather than only Blend being able to pass them - 'part of the transaction'. So Tatts could pass an AC to Blend, who could then pass it to Morgoth.

#1310 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 May 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

From the sounds of it, anyone can trade action cards with Blend, rather than only Blend being able to pass them - 'part of the transaction'. So Tatts could pass an AC to Blend, who could then pass it to Morgoth.

Problem currently being that I've got a full hand of ACs, so if anyone passed any cards to me, I'd have to discard a card. So yeah, won't be acting as the middle man right now anyway.

#1311 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 May 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

Problem currently being that I've got a full hand of ACs, so if anyone passed any cards to me, I'd have to discard a card. So yeah, won't be acting as the middle man right now anyway.

Hah, another thing I did not realise. So there is a max number of ACs we can hold?

#1312 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

You can pass cards to me if you want me to store them for you. My banking rates are very reasonable.

#1313 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 May 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Hah, another thing I did not realise. So there is a max number of ACs we can hold?

#1314 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 May 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

You can pass cards to me if you want me to store them for you. My banking rates are very reasonable.

And that is when your "Direct Hit" is retrieved from the vault as "Determine Policy" and the holding player explains to you that as a result of interest, its name now has more letters in it.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1315 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

View PostTapper, on 03 May 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

And that is when your "Direct Hit" is retrieved from the vault as "Determine Policy" and the holding player explains to you that as a result of interest, its name now has more letters in it.

So cynical Tapper, I've got a reputation as an honest broker to maintain here.

Seriously though I would store action cards for either an upfront/withdrawal fee of a few TG, or more preferably a number of guaranteed votes in support of whatever agenda I wanted. Would help me as I'd know you wouldn't want to get on my bad side by attacking me, and would help you with potentially many more action cards and the knowledge that if I backstabbed you I'd know I'd lose your political support.

#1316 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

Votes are all in, I'm tallying them up now

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1317 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 May 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Seriously though I would store action cards for either an upfront/withdrawal fee of a few TG, or more preferably a number of guaranteed votes in support of whatever agenda I wanted. Would help me as I'd know you wouldn't want to get on my bad side by attacking me, and would help you with potentially many more action cards and the knowledge that if I backstabbed you I'd know I'd lose your political support.

Oh, I am not saying you'll cheat, but a Hacan-Yssaril banking venture is bound to be susceptible to the interests of both in timing of how and when cards are kept :D.
I mean, is Blend going to facilitate a trade back if he thinks it is likely that it will be used to sink his ship a round later? Would you? I am not saying you'd keep it, but would you not stall or negotiate its return?
I know I probably would.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1318 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

View PostTapper, on 03 May 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 May 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Oh, I am not saying you'll cheat, but a Hacan-Yssaril banking venture is bound to be susceptible to the interests of both in timing of how and when cards are kept :D.
I mean, is Blend going to facilitate a trade back if he thinks it is likely that it will be used to sink his ship a round later? Would you? I am not saying you'd keep it, but would you not stall or negotiate its return?
I know I probably would.

I would straight up just keep the card in that instance, for the record.

#1319 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

I was more considering banking blends cards as the trust issues are less, I agree a wider banking trade would be more problematic as two people would need to be on board.

#1320 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

So who hasn't voted yet? At this point there isn't goin to be any deals made so I think everyone has what they need info wise to make a vote.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users