• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3881 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

Speaking of command tokens, morgoth, you can't put a space dock on zohbat as you have already activated that system. That has been a common mistake almost everyone has made this game ad that secondary requires you to put a command token down on the system and you have already activated that system.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3882 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

View Posttwelve, on 07 June 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

Khell, I gained 1 tactical back for using logistics. And I'm at 3 strategic as I haven't spent any yet this round.

Yeah, I counted that. And yes, if you're all correct as you all seem very confident about, then there's no problem I think.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3883 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 07 June 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 07 June 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Khell I think you are assuming action cards take a command token? The vast majority don't. My mageon implants also don't. It depends on the card and component action.

I thought that anything that said, 'Play as an Action' counted for a token? (as in, you play it on its own, not as part of a tactical action or something else).

It means you cannot do that card AND an other action unless you have fleet logistics like Blend.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3884 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 07 June 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 07 June 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

Pretty confident mine are correct - are you remembering that I don't have to pay to use the Trade secondary?

I'm not counting it, and actually, if Production Biomes is a component action, you might be on -2.

You started off with 1, 3, 2; You then did an AC component action and a tactical action, 0, 3, 1; you then took 2CTs with Leadership, 1, 3, 2; and did an AC component action, 1, 3, 1 AND activated production biomes (1, 3, 0?); you then did imperial secondary and another AC component action, 1, 3, -2.

Production biomes does cost a strategic token per the text in Blends action post.

#3885 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Okay, I see I've been looking at standalone Action Cards all wrong (I think I probably fell into this belief because my most oft-used component action, Orbital Drop, DOES require a strategy token).

So everything should be okay, except for the one bugbear:

Please can everyone try to fully update their posts each time?

Sorry to waste all your time (and mine, but at least now I understand).

#3886 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

View Posttwelve, on 07 June 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 07 June 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 07 June 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

Pretty confident mine are correct - are you remembering that I don't have to pay to use the Trade secondary?

I'm not counting it, and actually, if Production Biomes is a component action, you might be on -2.

You started off with 1, 3, 2; You then did an AC component action and a tactical action, 0, 3, 1; you then took 2CTs with Leadership, 1, 3, 2; and did an AC component action, 1, 3, 1 AND activated production biomes (1, 3, 0?); you then did imperial secondary and another AC component action, 1, 3, -2.

Production biomes does cost a strategic token per the text in Blends action post.

Which, taking off all those ACs, should put him on 1, 3, 0?

Edit: Gah, sorry, 1, 3, 1.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 07 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

#3887 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

View Posttwelve, on 07 June 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Speaking of command tokens, morgoth, you can't put a space dock on zohbat as you have already activated that system. That has been a common mistake almost everyone has made this game ad that secondary requires you to put a command token down on the system and you have already activated that system.

Yes he can.

The issue that came up before was that if you use the CONSTRUCTION Secondary in a system you cannot later activate that system for a Tactical Action later (because there is already a CT there). The opposite order is fine, though.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3888 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

Also, this is why I have yet to use a standalone AC this whole game - because I felt my tokens were too precious :lol:

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 07 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

#3889 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 07 June 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

Please can everyone try to fully update their posts each time?

^^this

Also, people have sometimes started being lazy with indicating when they use a CT - posting just "Activate Imperial Secondary" rather than "IMPERIAL Secondary: Spend 1 CT. Draw 1 Secret objective." The latter helps a lot for reminding everyone when a CT (or other things) are being spent/not spent.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3890 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

I try and go back and clean up my posts. Usually might take a day or so to do.

#3891 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 07 June 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Also, this is why I have yet to use a standalone AC this whole game - because I felt my tokens were too precious :lol:

Ah yes. I fall into that trap myself so often; assuming something rather than asking for clarification. Sucks doesn't it?

And, if it makes you feel any better, there is an errata data sheet from the publisher that specifically states that the holder of the Custodian Token has to use Command Tokens to utilize action cards. So even though you were right for the wrong reason you were still right in the end,
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3892 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

View PostGnaw, on 07 June 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

Ah yes. I fall into that trap myself so often; assuming something rather than asking for clarification. Sucks doesn't it?

And, if it makes you feel any better, there is an errata data sheet from the publisher that specifically states that the holder of the Custodian Token has to use Command Tokens to utilize action cards. So even though you were right for the wrong reason you were still right in the end,

What's a Custodian token? You sure you're looking at a TI4 document?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3893 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 June 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

It's what I got for taking Mecatol Rex. But I do believe Gnaw is yanking my chain :lol:

#3894 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:39 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 07 June 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

It's what I got for taking Mecatol Rex. But I do believe Gnaw is yanking my chain :lol:

Oh, LOL. I thought he was referring to the Speaker Token. Makes sense! I do believe that he's right about that though. LoL
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3895 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 June 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 07 June 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Oh, LOL. I thought he was referring to the Speaker Token. Makes sense! I do believe that he's right about that though. LoL

I am, I am. I remember reading an errata sheet. I have an appointment right now but afterwards I'll look it up and post it once I'm finished editing it to make it say what it should say.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3896 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

Hey Nico it's your turn. I so want to work a deal with you so you get Abryz/Fria back when I leave instead of Tatts. But I don't think you would go for it for one and 2 the moral police would cry I'm breaking my deal with Tatts even though I wouldn't be as I would still leave the system, just not leave it for ghosty ghosty.

I believe Tatts did a similar lawyering with Morgoth earlier in the game in regards to a certain cruiser fiasco.

But do I have it in me to do it is the question? Hmmmmmmm......

#3897 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

View Posttwelve, on 07 June 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Hey Nico it's your turn. I so want to work a deal with you so you get Abryz/Fria back when I leave instead of Tatts. But I don't think you would go for it for one and 2 the moral police would cry I'm breaking my deal with Tatts even though I wouldn't be as I would still leave the system, just not leave it for ghosty ghosty.

I believe Tatts did a similar lawyering with Morgoth earlier in the game in regards to a certain cruiser fiasco.

I don't plan to hold the system. I plan to use it to get a vp. Nico can have it then, the whole point was to get you back into your area of the board and stop your invasion into our territory.

#3898 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:41 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 07 June 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

I don't plan to hold the system. I plan to use it to get a vp. Nico can have it then, the whole point was to get you back into your area of the board and stop your invasion into our territory.

Then why not let Nico have it now?

#3899 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:31 PM

View Posttwelve, on 07 June 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 07 June 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Then why not let Nico have it now?

#3900 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

Thanks Gnaw.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

22 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users