• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3001 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

@IH

All your votes on the against wormhole directive please, as it prevents Blend from getting free tech, and to sweeten the deal I will give you my Trade PN. That's 4 commodities right there.

@Twelve

8 of your votes on the against wormhole directive for 7 of mine on a future agenda AND you can place my wormhole in the next status phase, (not this one, as Tapper has that choice), on the proviso that the placement is non threatening to me.

Even at 4tg that's still effectively a vote for free, I'd lose one CT which costs 3tg, and Nico would loot one of the TG.

You prevent your aggressive neighbour from gaining a tech and it will be the first time I've given out my trade PN too. We cannot trade action cards can we? So what are you suggesting, as I need/want your votes.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3002 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

You aren't losing out on anything and you gain nothing by voting for.

#3003 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

That is not true, Tatts :D

If Against wins, everyone who voted Against immediately lose a CT from Fleet. It doesn't have to hurt immediately, but unless replenished, it still affects the production cap a player has.

To maintain the fleet cap at the level they currently have, every would-be vote-against-er has to put one of their 2 or 3 Status-phase CTs into the Fleet Pool (with no current guarantee of success on the vote: if they lose the vote, that pre-emptive CT is stuck in the Fleet pool).

That cuts the amount of CT they can put into Tactical short by 1, meaning there is suddenly a little bit of a risk that they are forced into a Pass before Leadership is played, which is the next opportunity when they can add more tokens. I think I could run it to 2 or 3 rounds easily before I'd be forced to play Leadership.
If Morgoth rearranges his CTs between Tactical and Strategic just a tiny bit, he takes Leadership and tweaks his pools a little, there might be 3 Tacticals before he plays it - or up to 6 if Technology is played early.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3004 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:26 PM

Khell back round to you.

#3005 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

Yes! Something worked!

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 30 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3006 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

That is not true, Tatts :D

If Against wins, everyone who voted Against immediately lose a CT from Fleet. It doesn't have to hurt immediately, but unless replenished, it still affects the production cap a player has.

To maintain the fleet cap at the level they currently have, every would-be vote-against-er has to put one of their 2 or 3 Status-phase CTs into the Fleet Pool (with no current guarantee of success on the vote: if they lose the vote, that pre-emptive CT is stuck in the Fleet pool).

That cuts the amount of CT they can put into Tactical short by 1, meaning there is suddenly a little bit of a risk that they are forced into a Pass before Leadership is played, which is the next opportunity when they can add more tokens. I think I could run it to 2 or 3 rounds easily before I'd be forced to play Leadership.
If Morgoth rearranges his CTs between Tactical and Strategic just a tiny bit, he takes Leadership and tweaks his pools a little, there might be 3 Tacticals before he plays it - or up to 6 if Technology is played early.

It is true as of our deal, like IH said, he'd be getting that command token cost back via my trade PN. Twelve and Khell will both be getting something too. What are the people who want a free tech offering? Destroying my ships isn't in IH's plans, but Blend gaining an extra tech may be for him. especially after Blend looked like he was entering IH's space last round.

You are talking about Leadership being played, is that what you or Morgoth are after strategy wise? I mean if I had Leadership I wouldn't hold it just to screw IH over. I played it first go last round.

#3007 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Lol. That AC - no one ever lets me carry out my awesome manoeuvres.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3008 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

I'm ready to speak about a truce Morgoth :D
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3009 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

Alrighty, everyone's passed. But it'll take me a little bit to check stuff, update the map, and post the start of status phase in-between actually working, so bear with me.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3010 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

@IH

All your votes on the against wormhole directive please, as it prevents Blend from getting free tech, and to sweeten the deal I will give you my Trade PN. That's 4 commodities right there.

@Twelve

8 of your votes on the against wormhole directive for 7 of mine on a future agenda AND you can place my wormhole in the next status phase, (not this one, as Tapper has that choice), on the proviso that the placement is non threatening to me.

Even at 4tg that's still effectively a vote for free, I'd lose one CT which costs 3tg, and Nico would loot one of the TG.

You prevent your aggressive neighbour from gaining a tech and it will be the first time I've given out my trade PN too. We cannot trade action cards can we? So what are you suggesting, as I need/want your votes.

For my votes? Hmm I think I'd need a multi-round ceasefire/votes on future agendas on top of what you are offering.

Blend might gain tech but he'd lose ships and become more of a target for Morgoth as a result.

I'd abstain from the wormhole agenda for what you are currently offering if that helps.

#3011 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

@IH

@Twelve

For my votes? Hmm I think I'd need a multi-round ceasefire/votes on future agendas on top of what you are offering.

Blend might gain tech but he'd lose ships and become more of a target for Morgoth as a result.

I'd abstain from the wormhole agenda for what you are currently offering if that helps.

2 round ceasefire and my votes on a future agenda then? Obviously I am offering my votes to Twelve as well but you both may not need my votes at the same time.

#3012 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

Wish I'd seen the deal you made with khell before as well as I could just make your problem go away for the right price.

#3013 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

If I made the wormhole agenda go away what would you offer?

#3014 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

IH - don't make any deals until the agenda phase. I'll have an offer for you that I think you'll like, but I'm not making any offers or any negotiations until I see where Morgoth puts his rider.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3015 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

If I made the wormhole agenda go away what would you offer?

Seriously, please don't make this deal yet - unless you have to make it go away BEFORE the agenda phase, at which point I will negotiate now.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3016 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Wish I'd seen the deal you made with khell before as well as I could just make your problem go away for the right price.

You can take the agenda away? swap it?

Maybe that's why he wanted it done so quickly. I was standing to lose those TG's in the Agenda phase anyway to be fair so didn't mind the cost.

What can I offer you, a game length cease fire, my trade PN Twice, and future votes on 2 agendas.

#3017 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

You can take the agenda away? swap it?

Maybe that's why he wanted it done so quickly. I was standing to lose those TG's in the Agenda phase anyway to be fair so didn't mind the cost.

What can I offer you, a game length cease fire, my trade PN Twice, and future votes on 2 agendas.

Add to this, next status, not this one, you can put the wormhole were you want.

#3018 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

Yes I think I can get rid of the wormhole trade agenda and it swaps for a new one before the agenda phase. Need to confirm the timings with Drek, but that sounds like a good deal Tatts. Do you have your ceasefire PN or any others to act as collateral as a lot of that is on trust?

Blend I'll listen to counteroffers but that's a seriously good deal from Tatts.

#3019 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 May 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

I'm ready to speak about a truce Morgoth :D

Music to my ears. Our several rounds long war resulted in absolutely nothing. It is the Virus’ Way
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3020 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Yes I think I can get rid of the wormhole trade agenda and it swaps for a new one before the agenda phase. Need to confirm the timings with Drek, but that sounds like a good deal Tatts. Do you have your ceasefire PN or any others to act as collateral as a lot of that is on trust?

Blend I'll listen to counteroffers but that's a seriously good deal from Tatts.

Right now Gnaw holds my ceasefire PN, i'm working within the limits of what I have. I have not broken my word this game. You can see that with Tapper and my deal, if the wormhole agenda passed and I lost my flagship that'd mean I'd need my wormhole placed closer to home, but instead of reneging that deal with Tapper, I kept my promise in good faith. He chooses where it goes next.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users