• This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#2961 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:49 PM

I passed.

Morgoth, Tapper. One of you is going to have to take the politics card. I need a different one. That wormhole gambit fucked my plans: completely wasted 2 tokens on it.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2962 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Khell should totally take it. Nothing else of worth for him to grab.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2963 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Who's turn? Have most passed
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2964 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

Nicos but he is out of tokens so unless he has an action card to use I think he will pass as well

#2965 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 May 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

Nicos but he is out of tokens so unless he has an action card to use I think he will pass as well

I think since D’rek took my turns while I was gone.. that should let me take morgoths turn.

Morgoth def can do something .

As a note I think Morgoth would agree with me.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2966 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:38 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 29 May 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 29 May 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

I think since D’rek took my turns while I was gone.. that should let me take morgoths turn.

Morgoth def can do something .

As a note I think Morgoth would agree with me.

What exactly can he do? The only thing I can see is that he can move that 1 destroyer but not sure what that would accomplish. So out side an action card his only real move option is to pass.

#2967 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

Nm you guys are free to play...

Thought something awesome could happen.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2968 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

View PostGnaw, on 29 May 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

I passed.

Morgoth, Tapper. One of you is going to have to take the politics card. I need a different one. That wormhole gambit fucked my plans: completely wasted 2 tokens on it.

Urgh.

A. Both Morghy and I have held up our side of the bargain: you got two #2 picks in a row without any obligations whatsoever up until this round, giving you arguably the best deal of all three of us.
B. Now one of us has to take Politics again (it is a good card, no doubt, but it does deny choice) while you can have a third pick for whatever you need, again?
B2: I hope you realize that neither of us has to take Politics. We only have to if we want to continue this mutually beneficial deal, which right now, seems way less beneficial to us than to you.
C. The table will demand that the other one of us takes Imperial to keep it from Khell, and I think we're at a stage where they do have a point.
D. And you don't even ask. You just tell us what we have to do. Seriously?

With regards to B and B2: we approach a point where we need to assess if we want to renew our deal.
Even if one of does pick up Politics, how can we trust you to hold up your side of the bargain when you tell us to our face that you don't intend to do so in the original version?

Finally: the reason you need a different strategy card is because you you were seizing an opportunity that didn't pay off. That can happen.
You were not under attack (like Nico) and neither you were the victim of something out of left field threatening your game plan and board state (like Tatts).
Why not just put your 2 CTs in tactical, hope we get 5 TGs for the Economic Equality Directive and spend them all on Leadership? I am more than willing to trade additional TG for one of your PNs if the Directive does grant 5 TG.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2969 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 29 May 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Nm you guys are free to play...

Thought something awesome could happen.

So..... Are you going to do anything or do you pass to?

#2970 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostTapper, on 29 May 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

I passed.

Urgh.

A. Both Morghy and I have held up our side of the bargain: you got two #2 picks in a row without any obligations whatsoever up until this round, giving you arguably the best deal of all three of us.
B. Now one of us has to take Politics again (it is a good card, no doubt, but it does deny choice) while you can have a third pick for whatever you need, again?
B2: I hope you realize that neither of us has to take Politics. We only have to if we want to continue this mutually beneficial deal, which right now, seems way less beneficial to us than to you.
C. The table will demand that the other one of us takes Imperial to keep it from Khell, and I think we're at a stage where they do have a point.

With regards to B and B2: we approach a point where we need to assess if we want to renew our deal.
Even if one of does pick up Politics, how can we trust you to hold up your side of the bargain when you tell us to our face that you don't intend to do so in the original version?

Finally: the reason you need a different strategy card is because you you were seizing an opportunity that didn't pay off. That can happen.
You were not under attack (like Nico) and neither you were the victim of something out of left field threatening your game plan and board state (like Tatts).
Why not just put your 2 CTs in tactical, hope we get 5 TGs for the Economic Equality Directive and spend them all on Leadership? I am more than willing to trade additional TG for one of your PNs if the Directive does grant 5 TG.

If I grab Technology I can research x-89. Morgoth can attack me to get that. Then he can take out Rex. Had I got the tech from the agenda I was going to pay whoever had the Technology card to play it first turn then use the secondary for the x-89.

Do you have another idea for taking Rex away from Khell? His troops are obviously a pita to take out.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 29 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2971 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

That'd mean Morgoth taking Politics unless he cannot and Tapper Imperial

#2972 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

View PostGnaw, on 29 May 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 29 May 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

I passed.

Urgh.

If I grab Technology I can research x-89. Morgoth can attack me to get that. Then he can take out Rex. Had I got the tech from the agenda I was going to pay whoever had the Technology card to play it first turn then use the secondary for the x-89.

Do you have another idea for taking Rex away from Khell? His troops are obviously a pita to take out.

And if I were to grab Technology, I can research X89 next turn as well. (Dacxive for the votes, Neural and X89 for the Primary of Technology).
It could then also be Morgoth's, within a turn.

As for how to deal with Khell:
Twelve, Blend and IH all have the research pre-requisites for X89, it could be theirs with the secondary.
Tatts I think is capable of researching the War Suns next turn (no clue if he could afford building them) which will allow him to bombard Khell.

Listen, I am not at all opposed to you taking Mecatol. But I do think you can afford to wait a turn.

The reality simply is that you taking Technology still means Morgoth or I would need to take Imperial to keep Khell from scoring one last poin t with it.

For Morgoth and me both, the next round is one in which we could realistically expect a choice between Leadership, Construction, Technology (6 CT for 6 TG for him) and Imperial (taking one for the team).

In other words, the awesome position you were in the last two rounds. Instead, you state you are going to lock us into a choice.

Like I said: if you need a helping hand to recover an additional CT (if possible through Trade Goods) to make up for your loss of it this round, I am fine lending you a hand - that's what allies are for. But a prerequisite for being an ally is being trustworthy and that means keeping a deal.

#2973 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:18 AM

I think you guys to alieve you of all these decisions should make me speaker.

I will fix all this.

( plus I got 12 right where I want him .. you see this !)

#2974 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostGnaw, on 29 May 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

Had I got the tech from the agenda I was going to pay whoever had the Technology card to play it first turn then use the secondary for the x-89.

But, correct me if I am wrong, you DO gain tech, don't you?

FOR: Each player who has 1 or more ships in a system that contains a wormhole may research 1 technology. Then, destroy all ships in systems that contain an alpha or beta wormhole.

Your fighter is on a hex that contains a fixed Delta wormhole, regardless of the removal of the Alpha wormhole. I think it therefore qualifies for the tech requirement, and it doesn't for the destruction requirement.

#2975 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:19 AM

Type ii drive and War suns if my ships are destroyed in Quann. Yet I'd need to head towards a wormhole from Creuss. Without my flagship on that side of the board I cannot get there.

#2976 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

sorry guys, my grandmother was very ill this week end and things got a little lost on the way. She's improving, albeit very slowly. I did send a provisional to D'rek for a pass action I think? But maybe I just dreamt it.

edit: ah, I sent it before I was attacked.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 30 May 2018 - 06:57 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2977 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 30 May 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

sorry guys, my grandmother was very ill this week end and things got a little lost on the way. She's improving, albeit very slowly. I did send a provisional to D'rek for a pass action I think? But maybe I just dreamt it.

edit: ah, I sent it before I was attacked.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Morgoth. I hope everything goes well with her recovery.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2978 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:11 AM

Is it my turn? I've been waiting for Tapper, but it's just occurred to me that he passed before, is that right?

@ Tatts: You've had some time to think. Do you want to go ahead with our deal?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2979 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:21 AM

Gnaw, that is a serious breach of trust, one that you chose to do at the specific moment where you would have to sacrifice something for the agreement we made.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2980 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 May 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

Is it my turn? I've been waiting for Tapper, but it's just occurred to me that he passed before, is that right?

@ Tatts: You've had some time to think. Do you want to go ahead with our deal?

I don't want to discuss the agendas until the agenda phase my good friend, although I don't think I'd be giving you TG's, I'd still look to work something out.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

32 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users