Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1941 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

View PostTapper, on 11 May 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 11 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

@ tapper you could have said don’t pillage me , oh but powerful Mentak and I will gladly give you speaker.. rather than offend thee...

(See that’s how this game sounds in my head). But we are neighbors, wanna trade PNs? Got some good stuff over here. I’ll turn pillage off too ( I didn’t actually notice we are neighbors, but rolling with it)

Well, but that would be a rather large and permanent concession for a small and immediately revocable gesture in return from your side, wouldn't it?

With regard to trading PNs: I am always looking to establish a mutually beneficial situation when I can, so make me an offer :-)

I know pillage being what is it is pretty cool huh ? It’s basically single handily provoked 12 into war with me over taking Rex , jokes on him we will still be neighbors.

Well theirs always next time, you know ?

Yeah check out these PNs, shows PNs to tapper. 1:1 for certain.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1942 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

I would like to nominate either twelve or Morgoth's planets for colonial redistribution as they are the two in the strongest positions by far at this point going forward.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1943 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

Of course I've been saying this for a while and you've all ignored it. I've also offered my 12 votes around and you've ignored that too. PNs, mostly ignored. You all seem very myopic about the fact that I have Mecatol and happen to be in the lead by like one point.

Does this happen in other games? I mean, what's the point of Mecatol having so much influence if everyone decides to ignore whoever has Mecatol or work against them (despite threats closer to home)? Is t because this game has so many players?

#1944 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 11 May 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Of course I've been saying this for a while and you've all ignored it. I've also offered my 12 votes around and you've ignored that too. PNs, mostly ignored. You all seem very myopic about the fact that I have Mecatol and happen to be in the lead by like one point.

Does this happen in other games? I mean, what's the point of Mecatol having so much influence if everyone decides to ignore whoever has Mecatol or work against them (despite threats closer to home)? Is t because this game has so many players?

I’m not ignoring you so I’ll take your votes and make it worth your while + it hurts 12.

Vote Zombat !

Gives 5 TGs to Sol Freely.

That should assist you in that next VP.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1945 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

*To my knowledge TI plays very very differently each time, I played a bunch years ago. I just got 4 and am trying to get it to the table as much as possible, people usually pick scythe though, but it’s not due to the amount of fun , but time it takes.

However I hear once you get a good group TI4 goes very quick which is my goal. When the expansion comes out .. oh my !!

Sidebar: TI is more of an event due to its thematics than ‘board game’ it’s still an hour/player.. just new players compound that.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 11 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

#1946 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

I have votes but no one is asking.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1947 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:22 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 11 May 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Well, I've already paid Tapper and will be paying IH for votes that I'm pretty sure will secure the outcome I want for one of the agendas. I've no interest either way on the other agenda, personally.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1948 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 11 May 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 11 May 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 11 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

@ tapper you could have said don’t pillage me , oh but powerful Mentak and I will gladly give you speaker.. rather than offend thee...

(See that’s how this game sounds in my head). But we are neighbors, wanna trade PNs? Got some good stuff over here. I’ll turn pillage off too ( I didn’t actually notice we are neighbors, but rolling with it)

Well, but that would be a rather large and permanent concession for a small and immediately revocable gesture in return from your side, wouldn't it?

With regard to trading PNs: I am always looking to establish a mutually beneficial situation when I can, so make me an offer :-)

I know pillage being what is it is pretty cool huh ? It’s basically single handily provoked 12 into war with me over taking Rex , jokes on him we will still be neighbors.

Well theirs always next time, you know ?

Yeah check out these PNs, shows PNs to tapper. 1:1 for certain.

No. I know we will still be neighbors. Was why I had decided to not attack. But when I saw a way to profit from what I was trying to talk myself into I couldn't pass it up.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1949 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 11 May 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I would like to nominate either twelve or Morgoth's planets for colonial redistribution as they are the two in the strongest positions by far at this point going forward.

I'm last in points and Tapper is in just as good of a situation if not better.

#1950 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

View Posttwelve, on 11 May 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Tapper doesn’t have PDS2, stastically speaking extremely valuable...you grab those home front systems and get 4 PDS-2 running . Yikes !

#1951 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

I'm waiting fot the agenda phase before discussing
. Don't want to five people with riders an advantage

#1952 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

View Posttwelve, on 11 May 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

I am?

(Not trying to be coy here, just wanting to know what makes you think this)
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1953 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Nico, I will respond in the morning to the PNs.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1954 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

Well I just said who I think should be voted on. During the agenda phase we can trade PNs even if we're not neighbours I think? That's about all I can offer, aside from future votes.

#1955 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

I has 11 votes. Not really too concerned about where they end up. Although...

Is Nico so concerned about Twelve because he’s the biggest threat to win or because he’s the biggest obstacle in Nico’s way??
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1956 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

View PostBlend, on 11 May 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Well, I've already paid Tapper and will be paying IH for votes that I'm pretty sure will secure the outcome I want for one of the agendas. I've no interest either way on the other agenda, personally.

But you haven’t paid off my votes...
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1957 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Fyi on the zohbat ploy, if twelve remains as having the lowest number of VP, by my reading he could choose himself as the player to reoccupy the planet, so he'd lose some troops but not the planet.

#1958 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostGnaw, on 11 May 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Is Nico so concerned about Twelve because he’s the biggest threat to win or because he’s the biggest obstacle in Nico’s way??

^^^^^^^^

I'd say Nico's in one of the best positions in the game at the moment. With his pillaging ability, he's basically set economically, which WILL translate into fleets that are very difficult to deal with eventually.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1959 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Fyi on the zohbat ploy, if twelve remains as having the lowest number of VP, by my reading he could choose himself as the player to reoccupy the planet, so he'd lose some troops but not the planet.

This. I would deliberately not gain points to remain in a position to not lose that planet. Or we could all vote for an empty or 1 infantry planet with whoever has the lowest vp so nothing changes.

@tapper, I was referring to your large empire with equal access to both production and influence and no one is talking about you. With your strong fighting ability I can see you armada up and be just as scary or more than Morgoth.

#1960 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:05 PM

View PostGnaw, on 11 May 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Not really, 12 can grab a construction strategy card and prolly have a action card and can drop 3 PDS it it falls to him next round. Then he has 4 PDS_2 and drops his dreadfleet on Rex. He moves his fleets from the sol side to harass fleets as they move in and can now drop a sacfleet each round.

He locks blend from movement altogether. And everyone who wants to take Rex gets hit 4 shots before moving in.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

35 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users