Malazan Empire: Pick the player for Keeper; Fantasy Football 2018 - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pick the player for Keeper; Fantasy Football 2018 Make it easier on SB

#1 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:01 PM

The 2018 Malazan Fantasy Football draft is still about 6 months away, but can we get each teams Keeper pick out of the way.

No need to decide right this minute, but the thread will be here for when and if each team picks a Keeper from last season.

I suggest:

Team Name - Keeper - Round Drafted

I think we decided that, for example, if your keeper was drafted by any player in round 2, you lose your round 1 pick this year.

-Your Keeper player would fill this round on the draft board.

If your Keeper was a Free Agent, I think we decided you lose your round(last) 14 pick.

I also suggest that you can change your mind, but your official pick should be in at least a few days before the draft starts to make it easier on SB and all of us.

For example, Team X has chosen Player Y who was drafted last season in round 4, so SB or whoever can insert Player Y for Team X without us wasting time on the draft clock.

What sayeth the rest of You?

Is this up to speed for how we decided, or do we need to make changes to this Keeper Pick rules for this season's draft?
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

I am fine with this.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

I will keep Alvin Kamara. Undrafted.

#4 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:59 PM

I'm probably sticking with:

Kareem Hunt - drafted round 10
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#5 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

Honestly don't understand and don't think I've got anyone worth keeping
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#6 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Personally I don't want to nominate anyone before I know in which position I will draft.
If I draft in the first three spots and have a shot (say) LeVeon Bell, I don't want to sacrifice my round 1 pick to keep (say) Beckham Jr, and am more likely to keep (say) Keenan Allen. If I draft as nr 11, OBJ is probably better than anyone I can draft at that spot, so I'd be more inclined to nominate OBJ as my keeper.

So, question 1: how are we going to do determine the draft order? Reverse order from the 2017 end-result?

With regards to the rule "if your keeper was drafted by any player in round 2, you lose your round 1 pick this year": what will any player's price tag be in the year after next? A 13th round pick?

My issue with this system is not so much that it carries a reward for smart waiver play in a given season to the next, but more that it potentially creates vast differences in opportunity over a multiple seasons. As an illustration:

In Vengy's case, he keeps a likely first rounder in the 2018 draft (Kamara) while retaining a first round pick, at the cost of a 14th rounder.
Brujah keeps a first/second rounder in the 2018 draft (Hunt) while retaining a first round pick, at the cost of a 9th rounder.
Let's say Obdi keeps Elliot, a first rounder in the 2018 draft, at the cost of a first round pick.

Now let's accelerate this system a year into the future, with no changes in ADP (basically, everyone performs according to expectation in 2018, making them the most valuable players to their owners/ their outlook for 2019 is equal to their ADP in 2018).

Venge then paid a 14th rounder and a 13th rounder to keep a first round calibre player and retain the possibility to draft a second, Brujah paid a 10th and 9th rounder - retaining the possibility to draft a second, and Obdi paid 2 first rounders and the opportunity cost of having only one first round calibre player on his roster for two years.

If Obdi instead opts to select a less pricy player than Elliot as his keeper, he may still not perform better - chances are, Venge might have a RB-duo of Kamara + Elliot.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#7 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

The options that i've seen are:

Losing around an 8th round pick.

Only drafted players are eligible to be kept.

Its based on their ADP (average draft position), or in our case since we start so early, projected draft position.

I see both sides. An owner shouldn't not be able to keep a certain player. On the other hand, an owner shouldn't have an edge in the league for the next few years just because they had a higher waiver priority the week he was picked up.

I think probably the only way were going to decide is to have a vote.

Thoughts?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#8 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:06 AM

I am good with any direction or rule set we take. I figured it might take us a bit to get all the kinks worked out, so starting early was my goal.

Tapper said he wanted to see which draft spot he was going to be in before he picked a Keeper, and I could see where this would be the case for some teams. I'm fine with that. Still, getting the early ones out can only help.

- Maynard James Keenan

#9 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:29 AM

I'll do whatever. Non draft picks shouldn't count... that's kinda the basis for keepers. You drafted them.

Need to be on end roster?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#10 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:43 AM

Obviously I fall on the side of if a player is on your roster at the end of the season you should be able to keep him.

I totally get what tapper is pointing out and honestly that would make the league less fair.

Let's be honest nobody is going to keep anybody less then a first 3 round pick. It makes no sense to. I think that if you choose to keep a player you lose a third round this year and if you keep that player next year it is a second round pick. If you choose not to keep a player you draft as usual. Everyone who keeps a player loses a third round pick this year. That is usually a top 15 RB or a top 10 wr. That means people who don't keep will get a lot more choices in the third.

#11 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

View PostVengeance, on 25 March 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

Obviously I fall on the side of if a player is on your roster at the end of the season you should be able to keep him.

I totally get what tapper is pointing out and honestly that would make the league less fair.

Let's be honest nobody is going to keep anybody less then a first 3 round pick. It makes no sense to. I think that if you choose to keep a player you lose a third round this year and if you keep that player next year it is a second round pick. If you choose not to keep a player you draft as usual. Everyone who keeps a player loses a third round pick this year. That is usually a top 15 RB or a top 10 wr. That means people who don't keep will get a lot more choices in the third.

This is totally cool with me and I think a very fair solution, especially advanced over time.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#12 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

I have no experience with keeper leagues at all, so i dont know what rules they usually follows.

So no clue what works best.

#13 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

View PostTapper, on 27 March 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

This is totally cool with me and I think a very fair solution, especially advanced over time.

This would only work if players who keep a first round player, loses their first round, not their third. The same goes for 2nd round. It would be unfair to be able to keep a first or second round player if the expense is your 3rd round pick.

Most everyone would keep their 1st or 2nd round pick last year.

All the top players would go to the same people.

This works when the player you keep was drafted higher than round 3.

But it should be revised if you keep a player drafted in rounds 1 2 or 3.

No team keeping one of the top ranked player from last years draft should also be able to pick in round 1 again. Same for rounds 2 and 3. It would work fine as stated for the rest of the rounds.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 14 May 2018 - 11:14 AM

- Maynard James Keenan

#14 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

View PostBrujah, on 14 May 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 27 March 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

This would only work if players who keep a first round player, loses their first round, not their third. The same goes for 2nd round. It would be unfair to be able to keep a first or second round player if the expense is your 3rd round pick.

Most everyone would keep their 1st or 2nd round pick last year.

All the top players would go to the same people.

This works when the player you keep was drafted higher than round 3.

But it should be revised if you keep a player drafted in rounds 1 2 or 3.

No team keeping one of the top ranked player from last years draft should also be able to pick in round 1 again. Same for rounds 2 and 3. It would work fine as stated for the rest of the rounds.

A first round player from last year may not be a first round player this year. What if you are keeping a player that you didn't draft but was picked by someone else in the first round last year. Do you still lose your first round? That player had to have been dropped on wavers and then picked up.

#15 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

I also think another option to consider is everyone can just keep one player with no loss of draft pick and we just have 13 rounds. Kinda takes strategy out of it, but its an option.

We probably just need to make a list and have a vote.

#16 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

Selling my vote /winkBen, just slip me Saquon.

- Maynard James Keenan

#17 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

https://goo.gl/images/QtJG1t

This post has been edited by Brujah: 22 May 2018 - 02:44 AM

- Maynard James Keenan

#18 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

BEAST

#19 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:13 AM

Soooo? I prefer you lose the round your keeper is in.

It seems balanced more than "name a player you got and you get him. Let's draft!"
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#20 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Me to if I have preference.

But I'll be fine with whatever.

- Maynard James Keenan

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users